• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Welcome New, Infrequent, And Returning Members

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I played Baseball and Football In high school and 2 years of college, but golf is anything but a pussy game. Arnie Palmer, Lee Trevino, Ben Hogan....Not pussies at all....I am sure your dogs are great, but mine are anything but pot-lickers. They are beautiful German Shepherds that rule this mountain where I live. I do not consider myself a lib, a Democrat or a con and certainly not a Republican. I just call em as I see em...Cheers
I was Jacking with you. I love all dogs, except for Poodles and chihuahuas (which I put in the same category as cats). I have the two Wolfies and a great Pyrenees, who is as dumb as a post but so damned lovable, and full of personality, that we can't fault him for his airhead.Boo Radley.jpg

Jack4freedom

Governor
I was Jacking with you. I love all dogs, except for Poodles and chihuahuas (which I put in the same category as cats). I have the two Wolfies and a great Pyrenees, who is as dumb as a post but so damned lovable, and full of personality, that we can't fault him for his airhead.View attachment 46375
Your 3 hounds look like first rate friends. I have known a few Irish Wolfhounds in my day and being half Irish, I found them to be very noble creatures indeed. The Great Pyrenees pictured looks like a delightful guy. I looked in your music thread and it seems that we have similar tastes in music. When I was 22 I went up to San Fran for Thanksgiving and had dinner and saw The Band, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Dr. John and the rest of the guys that night. I saw Kris Kristofferson in ‘71 the first time he played The Troubadour in LA. You seem to have sound instincts when it comes to music. Cheers

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Your 3 hounds look like first rate friends. I have known a few Irish Wolfhounds in my day and being half Irish, I found them to be very noble creatures indeed. The Great Pyrenees pictured looks like a delightful guy. I looked in your music thread and it seems that we have similar tastes in music. When I was 22 I went up to San Fran for Thanksgiving and had dinner and saw The Band, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Dr. John and the rest of the guys that night. I saw Kris Kristofferson in ‘71 the first time he played The Troubadour in LA. You seem to have sound instincts when it comes to music. Cheers
The Band has been one of my favorites since the old days (70s). Evangeline is probably my favorite of theirs. I think Robbie Roberts is the only one left alive now. Van Morrison, Dr. John and Kris Kristofferson have always been favorites. Don't care much for Joni Mitchell.
I always hate to admit it but I love Bette Midler's music. Don't like her politics but her music is awesome. Likewise Barbra Streisand.
I love Irish and Scottish ballads and especially songs by Tommy Fleming and The Corries.

Jack4freedom

Governor
The Band has been one of my favorites since the old days (70s). Evangeline is probably my favorite of theirs. I think Robbie Roberts is the only one left alive now. Van Morrison, Dr. John and Kris Kristofferson have always been favorites. Don't care much for Joni Mitchell.
I always hate to admit it but I love Bette Midler's music. Don't like her politics but her music is awesome. Likewise Barbra Streisand.
I love Irish and Scottish ballads and especially songs by Tommy Fleming and The Corries.
I have always liked Liam Clancy, The Dubliners and Irish folk music in general. I just saw Emmy Lou in LA in October. She rescues old dogs here now. What a sweetheart and she looks and sounds as good as ever. Robbie is still around LA writing movie scores. Levon, Rick D and Richard M are gone and we lost Dr. John earlier this year but I’m not sure about Garth Hudson. The Dead and company will be at The Forum in Inglewood in December and I will be there. Screw Politics. Like the great Kinky Friedman said:

Politics is derived from Latin, meaning

poli.....as in many......and

tics.....as in blood sucking insects

Music, art, food, booze and animals is where it’s at...

Wahbooz

Governor
That's Robbie Robertson, Jack, and yes he's still alive and performing. there are times he performs with Rita Coolidge, and her sister Patricia and daughter Laura Satterfield. They perform under the name Walela. He's also performed with Ulali. May not be your kind of music though, but the same guitar talent.

I followed Robbie from The Band days. Here's a couple of videos.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
That's Robbie Robertson, Jack, and yes he's still alive and performing. there are times he performs with Rita Coolidge, and her sister Patricia and daughter Laura Satterfield. They perform under the name Walela. He's also performed with Ulali. May not be your kind of music though, but the same guitar talent.

I followed Robbie from The Band days. Here's a couple of videos.

It's different but not bad. But it's hard to beat the original. Robertson just doesn't seem to age. Rick Danko, not long before he died, was embarrassingly incapable of singing his previous great songs.
This is one of my favorites although I pretty much like everything they did.

Jack4freedom

Governor
It's different but not bad. But it's hard to beat the original. Robertson just doesn't seem to age. Rick Danko, not long before he died, was embarrassingly incapable of singing his previous great songs.
This is one of my favorites although I pretty much like everything they did.
Love that tune and Levon on vocals and mandolin.....

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
To Jack and Jack!

I love other peoples dogs.

:):)
I do too, but you can't have a relationship with other people's dogs like you can with your own. I've loved other men's wives, too, but the relationship just didn't last as long as the one I have with my own wife. My own wife loves my dogs more than other women do.

Bear Claw

President
I do too, but you can't have a relationship with other people's dogs like you can with your own. I've loved other men's wives, too, but the relationship just didn't last as long as the one I have with my own wife. My own wife loves my dogs more than other women do.
My health restricts me from owning a dog now so I can love other people dogs.
I wish it where otherwise.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
My health restricts me from owning a dog now so I can love other people dogs.
I wish it where otherwise.
I understand that. I have some friends who are allergic to the dander. They can't come and visit me unless they stay in a motel. It hurts the dogs' feelings but that's just the way it is.

Bear Claw

President
I understand that. I have some friends who are allergic to the dander. They can't come and visit me unless they stay in a motel. It hurts the dogs' feelings but that's just the way it is.
I have the time now but not the mobility a dog deserves. Not allergic at all

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I have always liked Liam Clancy, The Dubliners and Irish folk music in general. I just saw Emmy Lou in LA in October. She rescues old dogs here now. What a sweetheart and she looks and sounds as good as ever. Robbie is still around LA writing movie scores. Levon, Rick D and Richard M are gone and we lost Dr. John earlier this year but I’m not sure about Garth Hudson. The Dead and company will be at The Forum in Inglewood in December and I will be there. Screw Politics. Like the great Kinky Friedman said:

Yeah, we're going to get along just fine.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I have the time now but not the mobility a dog deserves. Not allergic at all

This will give you an idea of just how far out my music appreciation stretches.