• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Well, it's been fun.....but more importantly, I've got to find myself

Renee

Governor
I have a Landscaper to do my lawn and flower beds because I am getting too old to do it myself.

His Grandson did a lot of repair and painting for me. He is an Afghan Vet laid off from his Construction business when his company went bust in 2008. He is not alone. And I had my carpet cleaned,! Does that count,Renee?

I do not want my house cleaned thanks. When that happens I will be in Retirement Village.:p
Oh I love my house being cleaned...I also like getting my lawn done, my windows washed , my walls painted etc....all this while I lie on my chaise eating Bon bons, :) the reality is I am giving jobs to all these people and we are all happy.

Barbella

Senator
Not true any more,Addy! I read an article about how to get rid of accumulation. 3 items a day, 90 items a month. If you forget a day take out more.

Working for me. If I buy something another item goes out.usually.:rolleyes:
Don't buy anything unless you're prepared to get rid of something...LOL. That's my motto. :)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Not true any more,Addy! I read an article about how to get rid of accumulation. 3 items a day, 90 items a month. If you forget a day take out more.

Working for me. If I buy something another item goes out.usually.:rolleyes:
Good motto, MaryAnne..I need to remember that one.. :) Things do accumulate and become more of a burden.. when they are needing constant care and attention. :)

Renee

Governor
Thanks, MA. I've got a whole album full of awesome pics of those two.....but I especially like that one. :)
Barb, are you a rider? My granddaughter is a competitive jumper and her lease is up and she is saying goodbye to her pony who she has ridden for two years and she is crying image.jpg

Renee

Governor
Great pictures, Barb.. :) you g-daughter is so pretty, thanks for sharing...
Your granddaughter is adorable...how old is she?
.ok..this is the last one, I promise, and maybe seeing this you will know why I rarely go to the shows. I am petrified she will get hurt. My mother told me that her father was killed riding a horse and she instilled such a fear in me. And it is my husband who got Isabella into riding and it's just very scary for me. Isabella understands....and of course the last show I went to she fell off..wasn't hurt, but that did it for me.
image.jpg

Minotaur

Governor
I am married to mr clean...I am the oscar....I don't understand why I have to clean the house, it will only get dirty again. !!!!! :)
That is a great philosophy. I only encounter guilt with a housekeeper. Me and mine actually do a near 50/50 distribution of cleaning but on weekends it is nearer 30/70 with him taking the brunt of that part if I include the yard and weekend catchups.

Barbella

Senator
Your granddaughter is adorable...how old is she?
.ok..this is the last one, I promise, and maybe seeing this you will know why I rarely go to the shows. I am petrified she will get hurt. My mother told me that her father was killed riding a horse and she instilled such a fear in me. And it is my husband who got Isabella into riding and it's just very scary for me. Isabella understands....and of course the last show I went to she fell off..wasn't hurt, but that did it for me.
View attachment 23970
Thanks, Renee. She's 10, going on 11. She's been riding since she was 2....same as her mother, who was just as big of a horse nut and apparently thought she's a circus rider....LOL

Renee

Governor
That is a great philosophy. I only encounter guilt with a housekeeper. Me and mine actually do a near 50/50 distribution of cleaning but on weekends it is nearer 30/70 with him taking the brunt of that part if I include the yard and weekend catchups.
I used to...then one of my friends asked if my husband feels guilty having someone mow the lawn? Paint the house? The reality is that it is considered demeaning work, but yet women do it everyday for free. I also pay my housekeeper $25 an hour..that's decent money..