• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We're Rapidly Becoming Europe.

In Europe there's lots of 'free government cheese' but limited home ownership due to a government run economy.

Well, it looks like apartments and living in parent's basements are our kids' future unless we reverse course and shrink government and grow the private sector.

U.S. Homeownership Hits New low.

PRINCETON, NJ - The 62% of Americans who say they own their own home marks a new low since Gallup began tracking self-reported homeownership in 2001.

Want free government cheese or the ability to keep enough money from being confiscated by government so that you can own your own home? That's the choice we've got in November, as the Democrats will not cut one single dime of spending, continually dole out more free government cheese and tax everything that isn't bolted down. If Obama wins, after the election, we are going to have a National Sales Tax; it will take about a 20% tax of every dollar in the consumer economy, just like they have in Europe, to pay for all that free stuff.

land is expensive in europe, its crowded
Everything is expensive in Europe, rent, gas, food, etc. That's because all of the 'free government cheese' they dole out isn't really free. People have a much smaller circle of liberty and a much smaller circle of economic opportunity, and much more government control over their lives.

But, that's who a Liberals want to emulate. They might get their wish if they keep electing big government Democrats.

Can't wait for the month long mandatory vacation in summer plus the two weeks off the rest of the year. Good cheese, small farms and businesses producing healthy and fresh food...maybe some nice topless beaches...universal health care, sign me up.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Well, I don't know about you Sarge. But if I had to choose between Berlin, Barcelona, and Applachia (where I believe that you live), Appalachia would be my last choice (by a large margin). I guess I would be a Berlin or Barcelona "hillbilly."

In Europe there's lots of 'free government cheese' but limited home ownership due to a government run economy.

Well, it looks like apartments and living in parent's basements are our kids' future unless we reverse course and shrink government and grow the private sector.

U.S. Homeownership Hits New low.

PRINCETON, NJ - The 62% of Americans who say they own their own home marks a new low since Gallup began tracking self-reported homeownership in 2001.

Want free government cheese or the ability to keep enough money from being confiscated by government so that you can own your own home? That's the choice we've got in November, as the Democrats will not cut one single dime of spending, continually dole out more free government cheese and tax everything that isn't bolted down. If Obama wins, after the election, we are going to have a National Sales Tax; it will take about a 20% tax of every dollar in the consumer economy, just like they have in Europe, to pay for all that free stuff.

Can't wait for the month long mandatory vacation in summer plus the two weeks off the rest of the year. Good cheese, small farms and businesses producing healthy and fresh food...maybe some nice topless beaches...universal health care, sign me up.
Yep, and when the government spends itself out of existence as is happening all across Europe, I guess you can starve.

Well, I don't know about you Sarge. But if I had to choose between Berlin, Barcelona, and Appalachia (where I believe that you live), Appalachia would be my last choice (by a large margin). I guess I would be a Berlin or Barcelona "hillbilly."
I've lived in Berlin when I was in the service, and while I enjoyed Germany, it can't compare with East Tennessee. I have 6 acres of land, which would be unaffordable in Germany to most citizens, a 3,000 sq foot house that's paid for which would also be unaffordable in Europe to most citizens.

But if you want to give it a shot, I'll take up a collection for your air fare.

You have a very active imagination.
I guess you haven't heard of what's happening in Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Italy and France.

As a matter of fact, even though Germany has a debt bomb coming too, they are in better shape than the rest of Europe and are being asked to bail those countries out.

Germany's well on its way to returning to it's traditional currency and getting off the Euro.

When that happens, watch out, the government of Europe and the Civil societies all across Europe collapse. And when that happens it won't be pretty.

gabriel

Governor
and germany will do well in even tho you predict the opposite for america. wonder why? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and germany will do well in even tho you predict the opposite for america. wonder why? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Because Germany is reducing its spending, we are increasing it. Germany has dropped its green energy subsidies we are increasing ours. And we will do well once Obama is removed from office in November.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
I like Seattle just fine. Without folks like me in Seattle, you would not be sitting on your six acres communicating across the Internet. But hillbillies like you just spit on those contributions. You are all wrapped up in yourself.

BTW, I have been in both Berlin and Barcelona. I appreciate the urban life. I grew up in Asheville. I enjoy visiting but I prefer Seattle. If you prefer the rural life, more power to you. There is a lot that can be done in Berlin or Barcelona or Seattle that can't be done on six acres. The reverse is true as well. (BTW, i suspect if you went to the rural parts of Germany, France, or Spain, I suspect that you could find cheaper land than you could in any of the cities.)

I've lived in Berlin when I was in the service, and while I enjoyed Germany, it can't compare with East Tennessee. I have 6 acres of land, which would be unaffordable in Germany to most citizens, a 3,000 sq foot house that's paid for which would also be unaffordable in Europe to most citizens.

But if you want to give it a shot, I'll take up a collection for your air fare.

and germany has far more social services than you do pal.so your theory is toast
Really, they also have a 20% National Sales Tax, high gasoline taxes, high housing costs, less ownership of private property, and a much smaller circle of freedom and economic opportunity. And the lower income people pay a much larger percentage of the cost of government than they do here.

gabriel

Governor
yeah, they pay for the services they expect from their government and run an efficient country. so whats your point?