• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Were the Founding Fathers actually Christians?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
And? I keep saying that but you ignore it. Nothing against having wealth When wealth becomes wrong is when you start putting it first.
You are ill prepared for this discussion I suggest that you back off until you become a little more informed.
I sense you don't like the discussion, so you continually attempt to shut it down. This is where you fail in your attempt to be "Christlike".

No...you don't say that. You say...put God first...but you still support wealth.

Here...the idea is...give it away...and you will be rewarded.

Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back.” — Luke 6:37-38

Paul McCartney stole the line..."and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"...

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I sense you don't like the discussion, so you continually attempt to shut it down. This is where you fail in your attempt to be "Christlike".

No...you don't say that. You say...put God first...but you still support wealth.

Here...the idea is...give it away...and you will be rewarded.

Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back.” — Luke 6:37-38

Paul McCartney stole the line..."and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"...
If God never intended for man to have wealth why did he give back double Jobs wealth that he had originally taken from his? Once again having wealth is not bad, loving that wealth is. You don't listen do you? YOU'RE ILL PREPARED FOR THIS DISCUSSION

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
If God never intended for man to have wealth why did he give back double Jobs wealth that he had originally taken from his? Once again having wealth is not bad, loving that wealth is. You don't listen do you? YOU'RE ILL PREPARED FOR THIS DISCUSSION
You have one story...I have presented you verse...after verse...after verse.

Do you listen?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You have one story...I have presented you verse...after verse...after verse.

Do you listen?
You have taken them out of context
All you did was google search without having red through them
HAVING WEALTH IS NOT BAD LOVING THAT WEALTH IS.
Job is a great example of how God views people with wealth afterJob did not sin through his test God gave double back what Job had lost.
Wealth not bad love of that wealth is.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
You have taken them out of context
All you did was google search without having red through them
HAVING WEALTH IS NOT BAD LOVING THAT WEALTH IS.
Job is a great example of how God views people with wealth afterJob did not sin through his test God gave double back what Job had lost.
Wealth not bad love of that wealth is.
Again...you have one statement that you simply repeat. Talk about ill prepared.

Job was the sole righteous man...and he was first tested with the death of his sons...and the taking of all his wealth. He didn't care...because he was righteous.

He did not love money. He is unique. That is why his story exists.

Of course...his is an OT tale...and Jesus would come later...and tell folks to give away all their stuff.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Again...you have one statement that you simply repeat. Talk about ill prepared.

Job was the sole righteous man...and he was first tested with the death of his sons...and the taking of all his wealth. He didn't care...because he was righteous.

He did not love money. He is unique. That is why his story exists.

Of course...his is an OT tale...and Jesus would come later...and tell folks to give away all their stuff.
What else is there to say. All I'm doing is repeating the truth. I don't need to say anything else. You're taking those bible verses out of context. I mention Job and he's just an Old Testament tale. Jesus never condemned wealth he condemned the love it. God gave some people wealth so they could help those who did not have it..
YOU ARE ILL PREPARED FOR THIS DISCUSSION

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Yes it's old testament but it show God doesn't condemn people for having wealth because he gave back to Job double what he had taken away.
Since you abide by the Old Testament, does this mean you don't eat pork or shellfish? I hope you're not one of those that cherry-picks from the Bible to fit one's own ideology.

BTW, it's one thing for two believers to discuss differing points of view, but be wary of discussing it with an atheist. If they are patting you on the back, it's just because they are looking for the soft spot to stick the knife.

I said that most were Christians, and pointed out that some were not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli#Article_11

Japan is a country much like the U.S., yet few of its Founding Fathers were Christians.
Today's Japan was founded by our founding fathers. Japan, Korea, Germany, all founded by U.S. founding fathers.

The democracies around the world are maintained by U.S. founding fathers either directly or indirectly.

Yes, yes he did.

He also wrote this:

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

And?
Is that in context? Was it the same complaint Christians themselves have over the wars during the protestant reformation. Is he complaining about Christians or Christ?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Since you abide by the Old Testament, does this mean you don't eat pork or shellfish? I hope you're not one of those that cherry-picks from the Bible to fit one's own ideology.

BTW, it's one thing for two believers to discuss differing points of view, but be wary of discussing it with an atheist. If they are patting you on the back, it's just because they are looking for the soft spot to stick the knife.
Did I say I abide by the Old testament? I used it as an example of how God viewed wealth which is relevant. True story about atheist. I'll give them just enough rope to hang themselves.

Have you read the New Testament regarding what can be eaten or circumcision?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Is that in context? Was it the same complaint Christians themselves have over the wars during the protestant reformation. Is he complaining about Christians or Christ?
Obviously Christians, but not everyone here will see a difference. Atheists, for example, don't believe God or Christ existed, therefore they see only the believers, not the spiritual.

They believe this:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Did I say I abide by the Old testament? I used it as an example of how God viewed wealth which is relevant. True story about atheist. I'll give them just enough rope to hang themselves.
The God of the Old Testament and the God of the New are as different as night and day. Obviously it wasn't God who changed since God is God. It's mankind's perception of God that changed with the birth and life of Christ.