• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Westboro Baptists

EatTheRich

President
Because only a leftist bent on eliminating God hears "God hates fags!" when someone says "I"m sorry, I can't do that for you."

Go ahead and keep lumping everyone together. That's what bigots do.
^^ Moved from the original thread to respect the top poster's request about thread hijacking.

When you ask, "Why can't you do that for us?" the only answer is because homosexuality is sinful. Or as the people at www.godhatesfags.com put it:

Psalm 5:5 says that God hates all WORKERS of iniquity (e.g., fags).

"And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:23. Understand? GOD ABHORS FAGS.

"Why do you preach hate?" Because the Bible preaches hate.

Good King Josiah "brake down the houses of the sodomites, that [were] by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove." II Kings 23:7. "And as Josiah turned himself, he spied the sepulchres that [were] there in the mount, and sent, and took the bones out of the sepulchres, and burned [them] upon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words." II Kings 23:16. After Josiah does these things, does God say "Josiah, how can you do such a thing? How can you be so hateful and disrespectful of the dead? What about the poor mourning families of these dead bones?" No! God says "And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there [any] like him." II Kings 23:25. God calls him the greatest king ever! What WBC does, in merely picketing funerals, is nothing compared to digging up the dead bodies and burning them!

So, we have a Bible basis for recognizing that homosexuality is a particularly heinous sin in the eyes of the God of Eternity.

WE are not the ones insisting that this awful behavior serve as the basis for special legal rights. WE are not the ones marching up and down the streets demanding that people accept and respect us for our sins.

Yet you embrace the notion that because someone engages in sex with a person of the same gender - and then chooses to broadcast that fact - they should be protected? Amazing!

Regardless of any person's private conduct, we would do unto them as we would have them do unto us.

No one would know, and therefore no one would care, about the sexual practices or pleasures of any such human unless they put it on the table.

My experience however, with persons who are homosexual is that, just like their scriptural models, they feel compelled to "share" their perversion with any and everybody surrounding them. They do this with a certain degree of misplaced pride and an apparent compulsion to insist on others' approval.

"Fag" is a metaphor used in the Bible, for example, in Amos 4:11 (where it is translated "firebrand" in the KJV).
Amos 4:11 I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

Of course I'm a sinner. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and if any man says he has not sinned he's a liar. I am no better than any homosexual.

The difference between me and a defiant, practicing homosexual, is grace. When the grace of God operates on the heart of a human, that human desires to obey God and live soberly and righteously.

As we are commanded in Leviticus 19:17, "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him." Here, loving your neighbour is defined as rebuking him, and not allowing sin to come upon him. Further, we have never suggested that we don't love our neighbor. We're not saying "We hate fags" - we're saying "God hates fags."

All in all, if you're claiming to be a Christian, but you deny what the Bible says about God and His hatred of all workers of iniquity, then you're dealing with the scripture in a whorish manner.

Any of that rhetoric sound at all familiar?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
^^ Moved from the original thread to respect the top poster's request about thread hijacking.

When you ask, "Why can't you do that for us?" the only answer is because homosexuality is sinful. Or as the people at www.godhatesfags.com put it:

"And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:23. Understand? GOD ABHORS FAGS.

Good King Josiah "brake down the houses of the sodomites, that [were] by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove." II Kings 23:7. "And as Josiah turned himself, he spied the sepulchres that [were] there in the mount, and sent, and took the bones out of the sepulchres, and burned [them] upon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words." II Kings 23:16. After Josiah does these things, does God say "Josiah, how can you do such a thing? How can you be so hateful and disrespectful of the dead? What about the poor mourning families of these dead bones?" No! God says "And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there [any] like him." II Kings 23:25. God calls him the greatest king ever! What WBC does, in merely picketing funerals, is nothing compared to digging up the dead bodies and burning them!

So, we have a Bible basis for recognizing that homosexuality is a particularly heinous sin in the eyes of the God of Eternity.

WE are not the ones insisting that this awful behavior serve as the basis for special legal rights. WE are not the ones marching up and down the streets demanding that people accept and respect us for our sins.

Yet you embrace the notion that because someone engages in sex with a person of the same gender - and then chooses to broadcast that fact - they should be protected? Amazing!

Regardless of any person's private conduct, we would do unto them as we would have them do unto us.

No one would know, and therefore no one would care, about the sexual practices or pleasures of any such human unless they put it on the table.

My experience however, with persons who are homosexual is that, just like their scriptural models, they feel compelled to "share" their perversion with any and everybody surrounding them. They do this with a certain degree of misplaced pride and an apparent compulsion to insist on others' approval.

"Fag" is a metaphor used in the Bible, for example, in Amos 4:11 (where it is translated "firebrand" in the KJV).
Amos 4:11 I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

Of course I'm a sinner. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and if any man says he has not sinned he's a liar. I am no better than any homosexual.

The difference between me and a defiant, practicing homosexual, is grace. When the grace of God operates on the heart of a human, that human desires to obey God and live soberly and righteously.

As we are commanded in Leviticus 19:17, "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him." Here, loving your neighbour is defined as rebuking him, and not allowing sin to come upon him. Further, we have never suggested that we don't love our neighbor. We're not saying "We hate fags" - we're saying "God hates fags."

All in all, if you're claiming to be a Christian, but you deny what the Bible says about God and His hatred of all workers of iniquity, then you're dealing with the scripture in a whorish manner.

I have a sudden urge for a piece of cake...

:cool:

gigi

Mayor

Actually, no, the rhetoric doesn't sound familiar. But then again, I don't travel with godhatesfags.com. Once again, you're attempting to use the opinions of a small and very particular group and ascribe them to the large group you detest. (That would be Christians) And you do that even though the individuals at the heart of this particular controversy never expressed any opinions that resemble those of the godhatesfags folks in any way.
Your bait and switch tactic is old and tired and transparent. If you want to have a discussion about the godhatesfags people, then you need to find some subscribers and get down to it. I have no idea what they think beyond what you've copied and pasted here. I don't believe God hates anyone. I don't know of any Christian who believes that. Is that a whorish approach to Scripture? No. The Bible is a big book. Many things are taught and explained throughout. If the godhatesfags people feel the need to isolate Verse that suits their own opinion, then that's something they have in common with you and folks on your side of the issue.

Again, I'll say it. You can't (or maybe won't?) argue the issue at hand. You can't or won't comprehend the convictions as they are explained to you. You have repeatedly, throughout this argument that is now going on on four threads, looked to swap specific convictions with the ones you want to apply to everyone.
I don't mean to rain on your little parade here but I can't help but notice that while you've taken the time to visit with the godhatesfags people to "explain" the baker/florist's religious views, you haven't bothered to read up on the churches they actually do attend or religious affiliations they actually do claim to subscribe to, and present the views expressed THERE.

Actually, no, the rhetoric doesn't sound familiar. But then again, I don't travel with godhatesfags.com. Once again, you're attempting to use the opinions of a small and very particular group and ascribe them to the large group you detest. (That would be Christians) And you do that even though the individuals at the heart of this particular controversy never expressed any opinions that resemble those of the godhatesfags folks in any way.
Your bait and switch tactic is old and tired and transparent. If you want to have a discussion about the godhatesfags people, then you need to find some subscribers and get down to it. I have no idea what they think beyond what you've copied and pasted here. I don't believe God hates anyone. I don't know of any Christian who believes that. Is that a whorish approach to Scripture? No. The Bible is a big book. Many things are taught and explained throughout. If the godhatesfags people feel the need to isolate Verse that suits their own opinion, then that's something they have in common with you and folks on your side of the issue.

Again, I'll say it. You can't (or maybe won't?) argue the issue at hand. You can't or won't comprehend the convictions as they are explained to you. You have repeatedly, throughout this argument that is now going on on four threads, looked to swap specific convictions with the ones you want to apply to everyone.
I don't mean to rain on your little parade here but I can't help but notice that while you've taken the time to visit with the godhatesfags people to "explain" the baker/florist's religious views, you haven't bothered to read up on the churches they actually do attend or religious affiliations they actually do claim to subscribe to, and present the views expressed THERE.
Winner!

Jen

Senator

Just about everyone will agree that Westboro people are fanatical Christians. They are few and they are ostracized for the most part. I ignore them and don't mind condemning their practices. At least they aren't beheading anyone in the name of their religion. But if they break the laws, they belong in prison.

EatTheRich

President
Actually, no, the rhetoric doesn't sound familiar.
It sounds familiar to me.

Westboro Baptists say: So, we have a Bible basis for recognizing that homosexuality is a particularly heinous sin in the eyes of the God of Eternity.
Gigi says
Second, the things he listed as sins wouldn't invalidate their marriages or make the fact that they got married sinful, and surely he knows that. If the bride wears an expensive dress or guests get drunk at the wedding, it doesn't make the union between the couple a sin.

On the other hand, the gay couple comes in and says they need a cake for their wedding. The baker knows that, according to his faith, two same gender people marrying each other is a sin, and he can't lend his talent to it.
Westboro Baptists say: "Why do you preach hate?" Because the Bible preaches hate.
Gigi says that Christians MUST discriminate against gays because
He can't participate in their sin.
Westboro Baptists say: WE are not the ones insisting that this awful behavior serve as the basis for special legal rights. WE are not the ones marching up and down the streets demanding that people accept and respect us for our sins.
Gigi says
Was all this animosity and tit-for-tat going on before a handful of anti-Christian fools decided to go on their little seek and destroy mission?
Westboro Baptists say: As we are commanded in Leviticus 19:17, "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him." Here, loving your neighbour is defined as rebuking him, and not allowing sin to come upon him.
Gigi says
Love should be honest. Love should always involve wanting the very best for others. And love has to be brave enough sometimes to say the inconvenient, unpopular thing because it's the true thing.
Are you SURE you don't travel with the Westboro Baptists? Not even metaphorically?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Like Obama did in 2008.
gawd, you're an idiot.
that was GW Bush who ran against same sex marriage in 2004. don't you remember all those state laws put up for a vote against same sex marriage? that was the only way he could get those freak fundamentalists like you out to vote for him.

Caroljo

Senator
gawd, you're an idiot.
that was GW Bush who ran against same sex marriage in 2004. don't you remember all those state laws put up for a vote against same sex marriage? that was the only way he could get those freak fundamentalists like you out to vote for him.
Obama was also against it, until he was for it......

“I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that’s true in the African-American community, for example. And if you asked people, ‘should gay and lesbian people have the same rights to transfer property, and visit hospitals, and et cetera,’ they would say, ‘absolutely.’ And then if you talk about, ‘should they get married?’, then suddenly…” - Feb. 2, 2004, while an Illinois state Senator, in an interview with Chicago gay newspaper, the Windy City Times.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76109.html#ixzz3Wqkocoyq

“I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that’s true in the African-American community, for example. And if you asked people, ‘should gay and lesbian people have the same rights to transfer property, and visit hospitals, and et cetera,’ they would say, ‘absolutely.’ And then if you talk about, ‘should they get married?’, then suddenly…” - Feb. 2, 2004, while an Illinois state Senator, in an interview with Chicago gay newspaper, the Windy City Times.

Thank you, that bit of information never got past Julie's self-censorship of anything that doesn't worship Obama. Obama is in full agreement with Westboro on the subject of gay marriage...neither support it. LOL

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

we know who ran against same-sex marriage and that was GW Bush in 2004.
has GW Bush come out in support of same-sex marriage since then?

the question that you cons won't answer......will the 2016 GOP prez candidate run against same-sex marriage, and if not, why not?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Thank you, that bit of information never got past Julie's self-censorship of anything that doesn't worship Obama. Obama is in full agreement with Westboro on the subject of gay marriage...neither support it. LOL
gawd, you're an idiot. Pres Obama supports same-sex marriage.

gawd, you're an idiot. Pres Obama supports same-sex marriage.
No, he fooled retards like you into thinking he "changed his mind about it". LOL

I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them.
Barack Obama

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
No, he fooled retards like you into thinking he "changed his mind about it". LOL
everyone knew that Pres Obama supported same-sex marriage all along.....and that he weighed the politics/the mood of the country, before announcing that he did.

will your 2016 prez candidate run against same-sex marriage?

Caroljo

Senator
we know who ran against same-sex marriage and that was GW Bush in 2004.
has GW Bush come out in support of same-sex marriage since then?

the question that you cons won't answer......will the 2016 GOP prez candidate run against same-sex marriage, and if not, why not?
Obama was NOT for same sex marriage in 2008.

DEMOCRATS
Barack Obama
Opposes same-sex marriage, but also opposes a constitutional ban. Says he would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment. As stated on the Obama campaign Web site, he supports full civil unions that "give same-sex couples equal legal rights and privileges as married couples, including the right to assist their loved ones in times of emergency as well as equal health insurance, employment benefits, and property and adoption rights."

Says the Employment Non-Discrimination Act should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity. Advocated legislation that sought to expand federal hate crimes law to include sexual orientation and gender identity.

Says the military's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy needs to be repealed
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.samesexmarriage.html

Caroljo

Senator
It doesn't matter, she still denied it! Until I set her straight just now :)

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Obama was NOT for same sex marriage in 2008.

DEMOCRATS
Barack Obama
Opposes same-sex marriage, but also opposes a constitutional ban. Says he would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment. As stated on the Obama campaign Web site, he supports full civil unions that "give same-sex couples equal legal rights and privileges as married couples, including the right to assist their loved ones in times of emergency as well as equal health insurance, employment benefits, and property and adoption rights."

Says the Employment Non-Discrimination Act should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity. Advocated legislation that sought to expand federal hate crimes law to include sexual orientation and gender identity.

Says the military's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy needs to be repealed
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.samesexmarriage.html
the question I asked was "will the 2016 republican prez candidate run against same-sex marriage?" remember? are you ever going to answer that?

you went off on a tangent....apparently so you wouldn't have to answer my question.

now, the ONLY prez candidate who RAN against same-sex marriage was Bush in 2004. Obama never RAN against same-sex marriage.

you really need to work on your reading comprehension.

(there's no help for the personality-disordered martian.)