• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What a punk

freyasman

Senator
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/15/think-progress-editor-dare-conservatives-celebrate-woman-defending-gun/
From the link;
"Think Progress Editor: Conservatives Are Thrilled A Chicago Woman Defended Herself With A Gun
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 3:01 pm on January 15, 2019

Last Tuesday a 25-year-old woman in Chicago was waiting at the bus stop in the early morning when she was approached by a 19-year-old man with a gun. The Chicago Tribune describes what happened next:

SEE ALSO: Baltimore’s “squeegee kids” are still assaulting citizens

Laavion Goings Jr. was out of jail only two months when the 19-year-old walked up to a bus stop about a block from his home, pulled out a gun and tried to rob a woman on the Far South Side.

But the woman had a gun too and fired first, hitting Goings in the chest, according to Chicago police. The teen ran back to his home and made it as far as a stairwell in the foyer of a building before collapsing in the 400 block of West 103rd Street.

That’s where officers found him shortly before 6 a.m. Tuesday, just minutes after the shooting. He died within an hour at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.

Video from across the street apparently captured the incident so police know exactly what happened. The intended victim had a concealed carry permit for her gun so she is not in any trouble with authorities. This is a clear case of self-defense.

RECOMMENDED

Enter Zack Ford, an editor at Think Progress who was outrageously outraged that conservatives at the Dailly Caller were celebrating the fact that a woman defended herself with a gun against an armed mugger. (As I was writing this, Ford deleted all of his tweets, but screenshots exist.)

By the time I saw that tweet it had about 4,000 responses and fewer than 200 had liked it. Truly a ratio for the ages. When Zack was called on this by his own followers he doubled down (from here).

So she shouldn’t have had a gun even in this case where she used it to defend herself against an armed mugger. What was she supposed to do then, exactly? If you guessed ‘not fight back’ then you’re tracking well with Zack Ford’s mindset (from here):

She should have “let him rob her.” That’s a great piece of armchair quarterbacking from a guy who probably hasn’t ever had a gun pointed at him. What happens if, having collected her purse, the mugger decides to drag her around the corner and rape her? Should she let that happen too? What if he’s high and shoots her for no real reason? The point is, Zack Ford has no idea what would have happened next if the woman hadn’t been armed. More importantly, she had no idea either. All she knew in that moment was that a man was pointing a gun at her and making demands.

It’s worth noting that this guy has been in trouble with the law before. From the Chicago Sun-Times:

Laavion Goings had been released from Cook County Jail two months earlier after pleading guilty to a drug charge and was on probation at the time of the robbery, according to authorities.

Goings pleaded guilty Nov. 1 to possession of methamphetamine, Cook County court records showed. He had initially also faced six counts of aggravated battery to a peace officer in connection with the same case, but the charges were later dropped by prosecutors.

To be very clear, I’m not suggesting he deserved to die. I am suggesting that he had a record and a history of violent, unpredictable behavior that would make it unwise for a young woman to wait around and see what he decides to do after he pulls a gun. Dana Loesch had a pretty sharp response along these lines:

If you target a woman and attack her she has every right to drop you. Make predators afraid — as opposed to shaming women for wanting to live or not be assaulted or violated.

— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) January 15, 2019

But if you think it’s just the NRA that supports this kind of self-defense, think again. I watched three different local news reports on this story (two of them are below) and all of the local residents say the woman did the right thing (and many believe the mugger got what he deserved). Note, these were all black, Chicago residents who are probably not arch-conservatives or NRA members. One older gentleman in the 2nd clip below says, “I don’t feel sorry for the guy at all, I feel sorry for her.”

At some point, someone must have gotten through to Zack Ford. He deleted his tweets and posted this apology thread:

2. First, I believe people have the right to defend themselves. My tweet suggested otherwise, and for that I apologize.

— Zack Ford (@ZackFord) January 15, 2019

4. My tweet suggested that conservative outlets covering this story were happy about a death. That was not my intention, and I apologize.

Again, Ford is the only person who made this about conservatives. I’m guessing that’s a knee-jerk reaction of his.

6. I'm going to try to be more sensitive in my advocacy in the future. For now, I stand humbled by my mistake and simply ask that others will continue to work with me in good faith to end gun violence for all people.

He sounds sincere but, needless to say, we don’t live in an ideal world and never will. In the real world, a gun is an equalizer for women who are, on average, smaller and not as physically strong as men.

For myself, I stand with the woman at the bus stop who was out before 6 am to go to work and was put in a terrible position by a man with a gun. She defended herself and that’s good news. I also stand with the neighborhood that is very glad she escaped harm thanks in part to her concealed carry permit.

A young woman in this first clip says, “I’m kind of proud that, like, that’s what she did, cause she stuck up for herself.” An older woman adds, “We don’t owe the offender anything.”

Here’s another clip from the same station featuring more reactions from local residents."

RickWA

Snagglesooth
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/15/think-progress-editor-dare-conservatives-celebrate-woman-defending-gun/
From the link;
"Think Progress Editor: Conservatives Are Thrilled A Chicago Woman Defended Herself With A Gun

Last Tuesday a 25-year-old woman in Chicago was waiting at the bus stop in the early morning when she was approached by a 19-year-old man with a gun. The Chicago Tribune describes what happened next:

Laavion Goings Jr. was out of jail only two months when the 19-year-old walked up to a bus stop about a block from his home, pulled out a gun and tried to rob a woman on the Far South Side.

But the woman had a gun too and fired first, hitting Goings in the chest, according to Chicago police. The teen ran back to his home and made it as far as a stairwell in the foyer of a building before collapsing in the 400 block of West 103rd Street.

That’s where officers found him shortly before 6 a.m. Tuesday, just minutes after the shooting. He died within an hour at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.

Video from across the street apparently captured the incident so police know exactly what happened. The intended victim had a concealed carry permit for her gun so she is not in any trouble with authorities. This is a clear case of self-defense.

RECOMMENDED

Enter Zack Ford, an editor at Think Progress who was outrageously outraged that conservatives at the Dailly Caller were celebrating the fact that a woman defended herself with a gun against an armed mugger. (As I was writing this, Ford deleted all of his tweets, but screenshots exist.)

By the time I saw that tweet it had about 4,000 responses and fewer than 200 had liked it. Truly a ratio for the ages. When Zack was called on this by his own followers he doubled down (from here).

So she shouldn’t have had a gun even in this case where she used it to defend herself against an armed mugger. What was she supposed to do then, exactly? If you guessed ‘not fight back’ then you’re tracking well with Zack Ford’s mindset (from here):

She should have “let him rob her.” That’s a great piece of armchair quarterbacking from a guy who probably hasn’t ever had a gun pointed at him. What happens if, having collected her purse, the mugger decides to drag her around the corner and rape her? Should she let that happen too? What if he’s high and shoots her for no real reason? The point is, Zack Ford has no idea what would have happened next if the woman hadn’t been armed. More importantly, she had no idea either. All she knew in that moment was that a man was pointing a gun at her and making demands.

It’s worth noting that this guy has been in trouble with the law before. From the Chicago Sun-Times:

Laavion Goings had been released from Cook County Jail two months earlier after pleading guilty to a drug charge and was on probation at the time of the robbery, according to authorities.

Goings pleaded guilty Nov. 1 to possession of methamphetamine, Cook County court records showed. He had initially also faced six counts of aggravated battery to a peace officer in connection with the same case, but the charges were later dropped by prosecutors.

To be very clear, I’m not suggesting he deserved to die. I am suggesting that he had a record and a history of violent, unpredictable behavior that would make it unwise for a young woman to wait around and see what he decides to do after he pulls a gun. Dana Loesch had a pretty sharp response along these lines:

If you target a woman and attack her she has every right to drop you. Make predators afraid — as opposed to shaming women for wanting to live or not be assaulted or violated.

But if you think it’s just the NRA that supports this kind of self-defense, think again. I watched three different local news reports on this story (two of them are below) and all of the local residents say the woman did the right thing (and many believe the mugger got what he deserved). Note, these were all black, Chicago residents who are probably not arch-conservatives or NRA members. One older gentleman in the 2nd clip below says, “I don’t feel sorry for the guy at all, I feel sorry for her.”

At some point, someone must have gotten through to Zack Ford. He deleted his tweets and posted this apology thread:

2. First, I believe people have the right to defend themselves. My tweet suggested otherwise, and for that I apologize.

4. My tweet suggested that conservative outlets covering this story were happy about a death. That was not my intention, and I apologize.

Again, Ford is the only person who made this about conservatives. I’m guessing that’s a knee-jerk reaction of his.

6. I'm going to try to be more sensitive in my advocacy in the future. For now, I stand humbled by my mistake and simply ask that others will continue to work with me in good faith to end gun violence for all people.

He sounds sincere but, needless to say, we don’t live in an ideal world and never will. In the real world, a gun is an equalizer for women who are, on average, smaller and not as physically strong as men.

For myself, I stand with the woman at the bus stop who was out before 6 am to go to work and was put in a terrible position by a man with a gun. She defended herself and that’s good news. I also stand with the neighborhood that is very glad she escaped harm thanks in part to her concealed carry permit.

A young woman in this first clip says, “I’m kind of proud that, like, that’s what she did, cause she stuck up for herself.” An older woman adds, “We don’t owe the offender anything.”

Here’s another clip from the same station featuring more reactions from local residents."
Go figure. An “editor at Think Progress” doesn’t know the difference between “theft” and armed robbery. Very bright folks, these lefty beta types.

freyasman

Senator
If you shoot someone, even in self-defense, it will usually cost you about 50K or more in legal fees in order to stay out of jail. DAs don't like self-defense cases and will usually treat you as the perpetrator rather than the intended victim. The exception to that, is street robbers; every DA, no matter how much of a political animal they are or what kind of liberal cesspool they are in, knows how dangerous these feral little fuckers are and they rarely attempt to prosecute anyone for killing them.

UPNYA2

Mayor
From the link;

RECOMMENDED

Agreed.

Obviously a little girlie bitch who never mad it until noon without someone taking his lunch money.

From the link;

RECOMMENDED

As we all know, the left would far prefer this woman had been robbed, raped, and possibly murdered. That's how they roll.

UPNYA2

Mayor
As we all know, the left would far prefer this woman had been robbed, raped, and possibly murdered. That's how they roll.
Again, agreed.

Especially considering the fat the story says, " she was approached by a 19-year-old man with a gun."

They WANT criminals to have and use guns so that they can point out why it is we should get rid of them all. Doesn't work unless the only one with a gun is the criminal. When the attacked is armed as well it defeats their purpose.

They are pissed because now they have missed another chance to bitch, moan, piss and gripe about "gun violence" in order to try to justify their perverted phobia of law abiding citizens utilizing a right they are guaranteed in the US Constitution.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"if she had let him rob her"
so hope the punk meets another living Laavion before tomorrow

of course libs here will say Laavion "was just a teen" like Trayvon & Brown

all 3 worm food now instead of the woman

Last edited:
C

Capitalist

Ford needs another apology for this quote. He needs to say

“I apologize for saying, “The punishment for armed robbery is not death.” This assumes the victim is a vigilante dishing out punishment rather than a plain Jane citizen trying to mind her own business without death threats and simply trying to stay alive when one crosses her path. Again, I’m sorry. I am an idiot for blaming the victim and not celebrating the successful exercising of her God given right to defend herself. I should be punished by being fired and never being allowed to work in publishing again. Feel free to run me out of town a la #MeToo scandal as if I were Kevin Spacey. I deserve nothing less.”

The apology of a thousand steps begins with the first step.

From the link;

RECOMMENDED

Zack Ford probably supports abortion and yet can say this (yellow highlight)? ha ha Stupidity is bone deep with the left. They don't even know what really drives disposable lives thinking.

upload_2019-1-16_13-39-14.png

Last edited:
From the link;

RECOMMENDED

The "A Punk Is a Hunk" Cult

She saved many wouldbe future victims of this human garbage. Any sympathy for the mugger indicates not only a death wish, but the toxic effect of a weakling thug-hugger who is just as much a danger to society as the gangstas and must be considered to be a criminal himself. His clique has unearned influence on our criminals' justice system and our self-defense policies.

Take away all power from such vindictive misfits. But we won't stop them from abetting crime until we recognize that his authoritarian class has power far beyond its numbers and must be deposed.

Don't trust Dana Loesch as an advocate of law and order, either. Her "I'm not suggesting he deserved to die" is a virtue signal to those she has been trained to look up to, ignoring the rest of us. Criminals are enemies of the human race. If we take an effective attitude towards them, they will be wiped out. That includes poisoning the supply of the drugs this self-indulgent Mama Baby had readily available.

UPNYA2

Mayor
The "A Punk Is a Hunk" Cult

She saved many wouldbe future victims of this human garbage. Any sympathy for the mugger indicates not only a death wish, but the toxic effect of a weakling thug-hugger who is just as much a danger to society as the gangstas and must be considered to be a criminal himself. His clique has unearned influence on our criminals' justice system and our self-defense policies.

Take away all power from such vindictive misfits. But we won't stop them from abetting crime until we recognize that his authoritarian class has power far beyond its numbers and must be deposed.

Don't trust Dana Loesch as an advocate of law and order, either. Her "I'm not suggesting he deserved to die" is a virtue signal to those she has been trained to look up to, ignoring the rest of us. Criminals are enemies of the human race. If we take an effective attitude towards them, they will be wiped out. That includes poisoning the supply of the drugs this self-indulgent Mama Baby had readily available.

Yeah, we must all get in touch with our feminine side and all that sh it...…….

Hell fire, IF I could touch my feminine side I might never leave the house again.

(Took yoga classes and all kinds of sh it trying at one point!) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spamature

President
From the link;

RECOMMENDED

He a punk ? He had the guts to apologize for his statement. That's more guts than I ever see on this forum.