• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What Collusion actually looks like

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I'm sure you never imagined your job as Hillary Clinton's human shield would actually become more difficult after she lost the election. LOL!
and I'm sure you thought your job of Trump attack dog would have been easier once the election was over...but now you are needed for distraction...

S

Sickofleft

and I'm sure you thought your job of Trump attack dog would have been easier once the election was over...but now you are needed for distraction...
Next time just go with "I know you are but what am I"

S

Sickofleft

No, it is not illegal to hire someone to do opposition research. Every campaign does it. Trump hired people to go after Obama, remember?
Were any of the people Trump hired Foreign Nationals?

Let me know if someone is claiming "privelege"....why would they?
Not yet but I am sure soon if this investigated. You hire a law firm to do this so in case of circumstances like this you can claim Attorney Client Privilege. It's CYA.....

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Not yet but I am sure soon if this investigated. You hire a law firm to do this so in case of circumstances like this you can claim Attorney Client Privilege. It's CYA.....
Do you think the Trump campaign hired any lawyers?

Are you kidding? Please find the law that says a campaign cannot hire foreign nationals.
You're so off in the weeds on this you can't focus on the difference between asking for a gift, donation or contribution and the purchase of a product or service.

EatTheRich

President

Trump brought a Kenyan national, Malik Obama, to the third presidential debate.

Arkady

President
Good boy. Stick to "national security issue" ignore the corruption.... your betters must be so proud. I bet they buy you a new brow shirt.
You missed the point. I'll try again. There's a reason that so many of your fellow wingnuts insist on imagining a national security issue. Without it, the case for corruption falls apart. Why would the Russians use kickbacks to influence the outcome of a process that, without a security issue, was a complete slam dunk for them? It would be like me bribing the greeter at the door of Walmart to let me in. He's going to do it anyway.

S

Sickofleft

You missed the point. I'll try again. There's a reason that so many of your fellow wingnuts insist on imagining a national security issue. Without it, the case for corruption falls apart. Why would the Russians use kickbacks to influence the outcome of a process that, without a security issue, was a complete slam dunk for them? It would be like me bribing the greeter at the door of Walmart to let me in. He's going to do it anyway.
No you are missing the point or intentionally ignoring it so you can keep pounding your talking point "it's not a security issue".

You would be correct it is not a security issue it is a corruption issue.

Why would the Russians use kickbacks to influence the outcome of a process that, without a security issue, was a complete slam dunk for them?

Because the mining rights in the United States was not what they were really after, Uranium One also has rights to far larger Uranium mines in Kazakh.

In 2005, Bill personally intervened with the despicable Kazakh dictator, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to grant uranium mining rights to Clinton’s major Canadian benefactor, Frank Giustra. This led to tens of millions of dollars pouring into the Clinton Foundation, and to Giustra’s merging his company (Ur-Asia Energy) into Uranium One – a deal valued at $3.5 billion. Later, when Putin leaned on Nazarbayev to put Uranium One’s holdings in jeopardy of seizure, putting downward pressure on its stock value, Hillary’s State Department immediately mobilized – mediating a deal that gave Rosatom a minority stake in Uranium One. Then, when the Kremlin wanted Rosatom to have a controlling interest in Uranium One, CFIUS signed off on the deal.

S

Sickofleft

Do you think the Trump campaign hired any lawyers?

Are you kidding? Please find the law that says a campaign cannot hire foreign nationals.
You're so off in the weeds on this you can't focus on the difference between asking for a gift, donation or contribution and the purchase of a product or service.
I did not ask you if "Trump campaign hired Lawyers" I asked you if they hired any Foreign Nationals, ie. did they pay them and in return receive something of value?

You clearly do not understand the law although it is comical watching you try.

Arkady

President
No you are missing the point or intentionally ignoring it so you can keep pounding your talking point "it's not a security issue".

You would be correct it is not a security issue it is a corruption issue.
There's no corruption issue. That's just a figment of the conservative imagination.

Because the mining rights in the United States was not what they were really after, Uranium One also has rights to far larger Uranium mines in Kazakh.
OK. So there was no corruption issue with regard to the CFIUS review of the Uranium One deal (as right-wingers have spent so many month pretending). We can agree there. Instead, you're now suggesting that the real corruption is that a Canadian donated some money to a charity years ago, and that somehow this influenced the State Department to mediate a deal by Rosatom to get a minority stake in Uranium One. What's your evidence of that, specifically?

S

Sickofleft

There's no corruption issue. That's just a figment of the conservative imagination.

OK. So there was no corruption issue with regard to the CFIUS review of the Uranium One deal (as right-wingers have spent so many month pretending). We can agree there. Instead, you're now suggesting that the real corruption is that a Canadian donated some money to a charity years ago, and that somehow this influenced the State Department to mediate a deal by Rosatom to get a minority stake in Uranium One. What's your evidence of that, specifically?
The corruption issue has nothing to do with CFIUS (although it would be nice to know why the DOJ sat on an investigation into Rosatom and never informed them, odd that considering Holder was on the committee at that time...)

The corruption issue has to do with the millions upon millions of dollars that flowed into the Clinton Foundation from the players in this deal. Something that they conveniently never disclosed....... you claim because of a glitch.........awfully convenient glitch for the Clinton's.....:rolleyes:...........

Keep trying, it's entertaining.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I did not ask you if "Trump campaign hired Lawyers" I asked you if they hired any Foreign Nationals, ie. did they pay them and in return receive something of value?

Dude...there is no law against hiring a foreign national....the law is about donations...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The corruption issue has nothing to do with CFIUS (although it would be nice to know why the DOJ sat on an investigation into Rosatom and never informed them, odd that considering Holder was on the committee at that time...)

The corruption issue has to do with the millions upon millions of dollars that flowed into the Clinton Foundation from the players in this deal. Something that they conveniently never disclosed....... you claim because of a glitch.........awfully convenient glitch for the Clinton's.....:rolleyes:...........

Keep trying, it's entertaining.
I'm sure you have evidence that Bill and Hillary were doing the accounting work for the CGI....right?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

I think you are simply being argumentative and may not even realize how stupid your argument is....

What you seem to think is that buying something from a foreign source is illegal...but you cannot explain why that wouldn't apply to the tshirts that Trump bought from the Dominican republic. What if the Trump campaign rented office space from a company based in Spain? Would that be illegal? Do you suppose the campaign celebrated with French champagne or Russian vodka when they won? Uh-oh...foreign stuff.

If they actually asked someone to make a donation of rent for office space or a free case of wine or vodka...that would be illegal. Paying fair market value for a legal good or service is not.

S

Sickofleft

I think you are simply being argumentative and may not even realize how stupid your argument is....

What you seem to think is that buying something from a foreign source is illegal...but you cannot explain why that wouldn't apply to the tshirts that Trump bought from the Dominican republic. What if the Trump campaign rented office space from a company based in Spain? Would that be illegal? Do you suppose the campaign celebrated with French champagne or Russian vodka when they won? Uh-oh...foreign stuff.

If they actually asked someone to make a donation of rent for office space or a free case of wine or vodka...that would be illegal. Paying fair market value for a legal good or service is not.
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Simply put:

Foreigners who aren’t U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents, the argument goes, are barred from providing candidates any “thing of value” in connection with any American election campaign. Campaign staff are barred from soliciting any “thing of value” from such foreigners. And, the argument goes, valuable political information about an opponent’s misdeeds is a “thing of value.” (Hasen notes that the Federal Election Commission has treated some information, such as contact lists, campaign materials, and polling information as a “thing of value.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/07/12/can-it-be-a-crime-to-do-opposition-research-by-asking-foreigners-for-information/?utm_term=.68962f7d1a8d

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Simply put:

Foreigners who aren’t U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents, the argument goes, are barred from providing candidates any “thing of value” in connection with any American election campaign. Campaign staff are barred from soliciting any “thing of value” from such foreigners. And, the argument goes, valuable political information about an opponent’s misdeeds is a “thing of value.” (Hasen notes that the Federal Election Commission has treated some information, such as contact lists, campaign materials, and polling information as a “thing of value.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/07/12/can-it-be-a-crime-to-do-opposition-research-by-asking-foreigners-for-information/?utm_term=.68962f7d1a8d
From your link:

if a foreign national (recall that the statute draws no distinctions between foreign individuals and foreign governments) sends “compiled information” for free, or when a candidate solicits such information for free, that’s a crime.

S

Sickofleft

From your link:

if a foreign national (recall that the statute draws no distinctions between foreign individuals and foreign governments) sends “compiled information” for free, or when a candidate solicits such information for free, that’s a crime.
The Statue also covers "expenditures" taken literally you can't pay for it either. Thus the problem for the DNC with the Steele dossier.