• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What did Phil say to the loon at the walmart?

P

PACE

OWWWW,,, EYEBLEACH! EYEBLEACH! MY CORNEAS JUST THREW UP!!!

Regards
Pace, whose blind now

D

Doc

Doc would've talked with a manager, and, maybe, just left his stuff, and gone to Kroger's......

That said, you must have some REALLY MEAN Walmart workers. The one's at the Walmart I go to, are super-nice!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Philadelphia area. You seen the news lately (41 murders in 38 days..)....mean is what we do...

(i left the purchases with said loon so it could undo the transaction....then went back and got more and went to the register next to loon...)

Bo-4

Senator
Philadelphia area. You seen the news lately (41 murders in 38 days..)....mean is what we do...

(i left the purchases with said loon so it could undo the transaction....then went back and got more and went to the register next to loon...)
41 murders in 38 days.. really Phil? Is that some kind of a record?

Btw, did you give the loon a Stooge eye-jab before leaving the building? :D

D

Doc

THAT's a good tactic!

I have simply stormed out of stores before...

BUT, I am attempting to curb my immediate anger in such circumstances, and, simply go to a manager. Then you usually "get something," or at least get a bit taken off of your bill, plus, said employee usually gets written up, or fired.

Not that I want someone to be fired, but...not my problem.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
well, methinks they'd have to call a manager anyway to undo the transaction...

Phil left it to loon to explain the why....

Phil....crafty as all get out.

Bo-4

Senator
Really..yep 41 in 38. not sure if a record...but..then again...nothing to toot a horn over..

lemme check... cant readily tell...but at this rate...we'll bust last year... http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/12/30/philadelphia-closes-2011-with-highest-per-capita-murder-rate-in-u-s/

no. and I'm more of a hit the fist- bonk the head kinda guy anyway. nyuk nyuk....
An average of almost one murder per day last year. Yikes.. i know there are part of Philly one not dare tread.

Well, on the bright side, a murder a day probably keeps one funeral home with 10 employees working.

degsme

Council Member
Hi dee ho, Phil here..
Fresh back from a spin to the Walmart.
At said WM, Phil purchaced various sundries, including some apples.

Apples you say? (um, yeah. at $1.57 a pound, can't beat em...)

(Bananas too, but that's another story...)

Anyhoo.. Phil arrives at the quick checkout line, and proceeds to place his items on the counter for the aforementioned loon to put through the rigor of moving from point a, over scanner <beep>, to point b (into a bag)

Problem.. Phil apparently placed his bag o apples at a distance, not more than an additional half arms length beyond the reach of the, to this point silent, loon. Suddenly, all manner of cacophany ensues.. something about no consideration, a click or two, and a glare. (meanwhile Phil's just standing there, looking in his wallet for the debit card).. THen all of a suddden Phil's apples are slammed down on the scanner, and then, boom...they're festooning the floor. (knew i'd get festoon in there... Proud of me...)

What's that you say...think Phil got a 'sorry bud about them apples'.. nope. More glaring, then a huff or two..and an additional comment about me (Phil here) putting said persona through additional work...and the apples are up.... and theyre headed for the bag with my other purchases. (a-glaring at me..all the while.)

Did Phil:

a. thank the loon. and take the now freshly floor rolled apples on his way..
b. drop a suplex on the loon.
c. engage in a lecture on the proprieties of civil discourse
d. remind, that dropping out of school was the precursor....
e. say, no thanks, forget about the whole transaction.

harrumph.
Well given the penchant for poorly paid waiters to piss in the soup, why Phil would assume that the produce had not already been used in a game of Floor Hockey at a place that cares for its workers as well as Walmart does, is rather beyond me.

If you want to be treated well by the staff, you might consider shopping at a place that treats its staff well.

Bo-4

Senator
Ouch!

Well given the penchant for poorly paid waiters to piss in the soup, why Phil would assume that the produce had not already been used in a game of Floor Hockey at a place that cares for its workers as well as Walmart does, is rather beyond me.

If you want to be treated well by the staff, you might consider shopping at a place that treats its staff well.
An aspect i'd not considered. Well done.

They probably also had a bobbing contest with them. Part time slaves with no bennies have to release that frustration somewhere.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
given that perspective, Phil muses...

> Why you hold persons such as waiters, and the aforereferenced loon, in such low regard. As though such behavior is a personality trait..foisted upon with such disregard to personal mores and perceptions of decencyy

> Further... by that standard... you ought gat some 10 to 1 belach going on your computer.. given the state of affairs in sweatshops..er communal factories..in China.. eek.. we all should...

degsme

Council Member

> Why you hold persons such as waiters, and the aforereferenced loon, in such low regard. As though such behavior is a personality trait..foisted upon with such disregard to personal mores and perceptions of decencyy

> Further... by that standard... you ought gat some 10 to 1 belach going on your computer.. given the state of affairs in sweatshops..er communal factories..in China.. eek.. we all should...
Not sure where you get that I think its a personality trait rather than a response to a crappy working envirornment.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
quite right...was going for pervasive..but was in a hurry....frain fart..as it were..

anyhoo.. so you figure people, like waiters, piss in the soup in response to their environs..?

D

Doc

As I said: Kroger.

Don't know if they are that much outside the South, but, they are a nice Grocery Store, who pays their employees fairly well. Very well run. Publix as well, although, I have no idea what their employment policies or pay are.

You do not always "get what you pay for," BUT, you will NEVER "get, what you do not pay for..." (ESPECIALLY, when it comes to the dying concept of "Customer Service" in America....)

D

Doc

Waiters may not have been the best choice for such an analogy, as they are piad primarily by TIPS.

And, TIPS can be increased, decreased, or, completely ignored by the customer. As such, my bet is that IF the LOON, was 'working for tips,' said loon would have had a MUCH nicer attitude, at least on the outside....

Of course, there is always the point, that said LOON may actually be LUCKY to have a job. Perhaps, no other employer will put up with that crap.....just a thought!

degsme

Council Member
quite right...was going for pervasive..but was in a hurry....frain fart..as it were..

anyhoo.. so you figure people, like waiters, piss in the soup in response to their environs..?
Um having worked in a kitchen... I KNOW they do -maybe not piss, but "sneezing" on the desert of an [Unwelcome language removed] patron???

degsme

Council Member
Waiters may not have been the best choice for such an analogy, as they are piad primarily by TIPS.
Right, but if the customer has already indicated they are not going to tip well by being an [Unwelcome language removed], why not sneeze on their food or piss in their wine?

D

Doc

Right, but if the customer has already indicated they are not going to tip well by being an [Unwelcome language removed], why not sneeze on their food or piss in their wine?
Well, ummm, as one who has worked in the industry, alls I can say is...ahh, don't be an [Unwelcome language removed] to the waiter.

(But, it is not so much THEM, as the kitchen....)

Trust me, ANYONE in a restraunt does anything like that, they are GONE. (IF management has any brain cells...)

But, it also largely depends on the Waiter. Plenty of times, I have gone up to a table, been treated rather low, but, give the customer good service, and try to be nice, and, by meal's end....

It really depends on how you 'read' people, as there are complete jerks, who will almost always tip well, and, some really, SWEET old ladies...who leave you a quarter, and think they just made your day!

I will say this though: The VERY Rich, especially those who are younger (Usually with Daddy's Credit Card), cand be some of the most demanding, while also being some of the skimpiest tippers.....

Some of the Best: homosexuals (Honest. Either sex....)