• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What has the Trump admin really inherited?

Turse sums up some of the activities the U.S. is known to be engaged in: “Over the last several years, the US has been building a constellation of drone bases across Africa, flying intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance missions out of not only Niger, but also Djibouti, Ethiopia, and the island nation of the Seychelles.”

[The US military] now averages far more than a mission a day on the continent, conducting operations with almost every African military force, in almost every African country, while building or building up camps, compounds, and “contingency security locations.” The US has taken an active role in wars from Libya to the Central African Republic, sent special ops forces into countries from Somalia to South Sudan, conducted airstrikes and abduction missions, even put boots on the ground in countries where it pledged it would not.

Meanwhile, CNN is preoccupied with its 500th hour straight of the missing Malaysian airline coverage. Fox is busy with its perennial Benghazi conspiracy theories and antagonistic coverage of Russian policy in Ukraine. And MSNBC doesn’t dare cover anything but Obama’s benevolent domestic social policies. In the newspapers, one can find the occasional report of U.S. missions in Africa, but they hardly question the wisdom or legitimacy of such interventions (and hardly anyone reads the newspapers anyhow).

Mix this deficient news media environment with the Pentagon’s utter refusal to answer straight questions about U.S. interventionism in Africa, and you have a public that is completely uninformed about a growing chunk of U.S. foreign policy that will soon (as it already has) render dangerous unintended consequences.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2014/04/15/the-uss-invasion-of-africa-that-nobody-knows-about/

Occasionally there are tiny news stories about happenings in Africa - 'civil' war' or 'famine' - written as though they have nothing to do with the US and co - often hidden under cover of Ebola and such like - ( personally I don't believe there ever was just a disease but their are diamonds and the like)

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40012.htm

D

Deleted member 21794

This really isn't a surprise to any thinking person. Barack Hussein Obama wanted to control as much as he possibly could. Clandestine spying and other operations popping up is exactly what one would expect such from someone as deranged as BHO.

This really isn't a surprise to any thinking person. Barack Hussein Obama wanted to control as much as he possibly could. Clandestine spying and other operations popping up is exactly what one would expect such from someone as deranged as BHO.
True; however, has Trump done anything so far to make you think he will deal any differently with US foreign policy issues? After all, his Secretary of Defense is nick-named "Mad Dog.":eek:

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/1/12/part_2_did_defense_secretary_nominee

D

Deleted member 21794

True; however, has Trump done anything so far to make you think he will deal any differently with US foreign policy issues? After all, his Secretary of Defense is nick-named "Mad Dog.":eek:

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/1/12/part_2_did_defense_secretary_nominee
Time will tell. I much prefer keeping our nose out of other countries' affairs. The next choice is that if we do so, we go in, kill a lot of people and blow up a lot of stuff until the enemy pees as it surrenders, then leave.

D

Deleted member 21794

Who the fu'ck is the enemy? And enemy of what?
My enemies are people who commit violent acts against Americans- foreign and domestic. I see no nation I am interested in going to war with. I would completely withdraw from Syria and reduce our overseas bases by 80%, maybe more.

My enemies are people who commit violent acts against Americans- foreign and domestic. I see no nation I am interested in going to war with. I would completely withdraw from Syria and reduce our overseas bases by 80%, maybe more.
Corporate interest are the only reason the US is at war anywhere, for the Corporate Empire - how do Americans gain from that? They don't.

American mercenaries who are turning other's once peaceful lands into hell holes? Sorry but when Englishmen get caught, by the wrong people, doing that - that is their problem. Adventurers come unstuck sometimes - that is the risk they knowingly take.

They renounce their nationality/humanity by illegally interfering in other lands.

Time will tell. I much prefer keeping our nose out of other countries' affairs. The next choice is that if we do so, we go in, kill a lot of people and blow up a lot of stuff until the enemy pees as it surrenders, then leave.
Yet every innocent person we kill will generate several new people we will have to kill tomorrow; maybe we can't kill our way to peace?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/us/politics/fact-check-trump-florida-rally.html

"Fact Check: What Trump Got Wrong at His Rally"

And it is unrealistic to think the US and co will simply 'pull out' in part because of Corporate interests and in part because it would leave a dangerous vacuum - things just don't work like that.

Yet every innocent person we kill will generate several new people we will have to kill tomorrow; maybe we can't kill our way to peace?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/us/politics/fact-check-trump-florida-rally.html

"Fact Check: What Trump Got Wrong at His Rally"
Fallacy, the terorrists are not people traumatized by Western aggression they are people schooled in Saudi Wahhabi schools, trained and armed and funded by us to fight poxi Corporate wars..... to confuse the uninformed western masses.

Traumatized people are just that - heartbroken -

Boltlady

Mayor
Turse sums up some of the activities the U.S. is known to be engaged in: “Over the last several years, the US has been building a constellation of drone bases across Africa, flying intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance missions out of not only Niger, but also Djibouti, Ethiopia, and the island nation of the Seychelles.”

[The US military] now averages far more than a mission a day on the continent, conducting operations with almost every African military force, in almost every African country, while building or building up camps, compounds, and “contingency security locations.” The US has taken an active role in wars from Libya to the Central African Republic, sent special ops forces into countries from Somalia to South Sudan, conducted airstrikes and abduction missions, even put boots on the ground in countries where it pledged it would not.

Meanwhile, CNN is preoccupied with its 500th hour straight of the missing Malaysian airline coverage. Fox is busy with its perennial Benghazi conspiracy theories and antagonistic coverage of Russian policy in Ukraine. And MSNBC doesn’t dare cover anything but Obama’s benevolent domestic social policies. In the newspapers, one can find the occasional report of U.S. missions in Africa, but they hardly question the wisdom or legitimacy of such interventions (and hardly anyone reads the newspapers anyhow).

Mix this deficient news media environment with the Pentagon’s utter refusal to answer straight questions about U.S. interventionism in Africa, and you have a public that is completely uninformed about a growing chunk of U.S. foreign policy that will soon (as it already has) render dangerous unintended consequences.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2014/04/15/the-uss-invasion-of-africa-that-nobody-knows-about/

Occasionally there are tiny news stories about happenings in Africa - 'civil' war' or 'famine' - written as though they have nothing to do with the US and co - often hidden under cover of Ebola and such like - ( personally I don't believe there ever was just a disease but their are diamonds and the like)

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40012.htm
It will be really interesting to see if Prez Trump will pull us out of some of those places or whether he will continue with our goal of taking over the whole planet. There's a lot of things that we won't know about him until he manages to get his whole cabinet approved. Until he does, he's limited in a lot of the things that he can do.

Of course having yahoos like Sen McCain engaging in open warfare doesn't help either.

Being pretty sick has kept me from keeping up with a lot of things but I'm still aware of quite a few things that are going on.

Boltlady

Mayor
He has put the military in charge of military matters - how and if he uses that military is an entirely different matter.
The military seems to be as divided as the rest of the country. That's why Obama got rid of a lot of high ranking individuals. They didn't agree with him.

It will be really interesting to see if Prez Trump will pull us out of some of those places or whether he will continue with our goal of taking over the whole planet. There's a lot of things that we won't know about him until he manages to get his whole cabinet approved. Until he does, he's limited in a lot of the things that he can do.

Of course having yahoos like Sen McCain engaging in open warfare doesn't help either.

Being pretty sick has kept me from keeping up with a lot of things but I'm still aware of quite a few things that are going on.
I am sorry you are still so sick darling Boltlady xxx I hope the Spring will bring some relief xxx

He has put the military in charge of military matters - how and if he uses that military is an entirely different matter.
Except for the fact that a US Secretary of Defense must be retired from the military for seven years BEFORE assuming the civilian post, and Mad Dog had been retired for only three years before being nominated.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yeah...what was Obama thinking...Spying shouldn't be clandestine, right? It should be out in the open....like when the Bush administration told everyone that Valerie Plame was a CIA agent.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The military seems to be as divided as the rest of the country. That's why Obama got rid of a lot of high ranking individuals. They didn't agree with him.
If you have evidence that the White House dictated to the Pentagon which senior officers should be dismissed...I'd love to see it. A number of officers were dismissed for very obvious activities that were inappropriate.

Except for the fact that a US Secretary of Defense must be retired from the military for seven years BEFORE assuming the civilian post, and Mad Dog had been retired for only three years before being nominated.
Not mine to call that one out - I don't like what I know of Mattis but - I don't like war.

It seems to me that he is loyal to Trump, which since most of the establishment is anti Trump, is even more important than ever. It also seems to be that he actually cares about the welfare of men under his command --- with all of the suicides and shit going on in the military I suspect that boosting moral is high on the agenda --- I don't know George - none of us know where Trump will take us - does he just want a super standing army as a 'threat' or will he use it? We do not know.

Honestly? If he is to carry on with the never ending US war on the world, better he use your own army than Obama's terrorist proxi armies, causing uncontrolled and uncontrollable chaos all over the planet.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Fallacy, the terorrists are not people traumatized by Western aggression they are people schooled in Saudi Wahhabi schools, trained and armed and funded by us to fight poxi Corporate wars..... to confuse the uninformed western masses.

Traumatized people are just that - heartbroken -
Bullshit. What trauma caused Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik to kill 14 people and wound another 22? Where is the evidence that either of them attended any Wahhabi schools?

Bullshit. What trauma caused Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik to kill 14 people and wound another 22? Where is the evidence that either of them attended any Wahhabi schools?
Well you can run around like a chicken without a head spinning yarns around false flags and fake shooting but you ain't pulling me into that shit ------------

If those people who had been traumatized by US aggression all took to the gun, there would be no more America, you would long ago have been turned to dust.