• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What is it like to have an abortion?

gigi

Mayor
Silliness masquerading as meaningful commentary seems to dominate this entire subject. You do realize that the subject of abortion was never mentioned in the Bible nor was it even a political movement until women had increased power politically and medicine advanced to the point where it was safe to do so in a doctor's office? Can you cite me an example of any text in the NT about abortion? I can cite numerous examples from the OT where God himself smiteth or tells another to smite a child or newborn down like so many lambs to slaughter. The church long ago declared women to be chattel of the husband, the father and the church. This power over women was about reproduction, nothing else. Wrap this desire into some malarkey about God or Jesus forbidding the destruction of the fetus while at the same time apparently designing women to naturally abort fertilized eggs on almost a monthly basis and you have the basis for your insane attitude towards allowing others to control the wombs of women.
The Church never declared women to be chattel of their husbands. That was a lie you told, Woolley.

That tired and fake talking point about how we all naturally abort our babies every month has been tried here, and failed miserably. However, please let's not pretend that there is no difference between natural death and death inflicted, because there is.
The Bible makes mention of Who our creator is, and how we are created. The Bible also teaches us that we can't go killing our children. So no, the word "abortion' doesn't need to be in the Bible in order for us to understand that what happens during an abortion is nothing short of killing a life God created. Now, I understand that you don't believe in God. But to come out with an outrageous lie about chattel, controlling wombs, and then try to present it as the inspiration for religious opposition to abortion is just another lie. You seem to be depending on lies quite a bit here. Why?

Women don't abort "fertilized eggs." By the time a woman knows she's pregnant, her child's heart is already beating. He already has arms, legs, a brain. But I've noticed a trend this past year or so among those who support abortion. It used to be "don't say baby". Now that sonograms and actual photographs have plowed past the semantics, pro abortion folks are trying desperately to pass off this lie about "what is aborted". But the truth is, arms, legs, a head, a heart....this is what comes out of a mother during an abortion.

gigi

Mayor
Whether or not it bothered a woman having an abortion is immaterial to the assertion that one can only be a good person if one is sufficiently "bothered" by an abortion. The decision to have an abortion is bothersome just as being pregnant is bothersome if unplanned. The real reason one would demand a certain level of shame or regret or misery after having an abortion is to slut shame that same person. This is the key goal of all anti-abortion movements which coincidentally seem to hate contraceptives at the same time they hate abortions. If you hate abortions, you should welcome contraceptives but then one would be guilty of using reason to understand this issue. The church is the source of the anti-abortion and anti-family planning movement. Why? Because fertile mothers produce little babies that can be taught at birth to adopt the same religion as their parents and thereby continue the lock on humanity that religion seems to have year after year. The best thing any woman can do for their church is to have babies, lots of babies.
Wow, you really are desperate, aren't you? Someone must have hit a nerve. New low for you....and surprising. One lie after another. Just goes to show..you've got nothing. And like proabortion people all over the country, you're flailing and grasping.

gigi

Mayor
There's no historical or archaeological evidence of the kind we would expect to find if this had actually happened. Beyond that, I disagree that Jesus saved the world. I can grant that abortion has probably deprived humanity of individuals who would have done wonderful things (although usually if the collective demand is great enough an individual to meet that demand is found); it has deprived us, likewise, of individuals who would have done horrible things, and of individuals who would've had little impact on the lives of others. Contraception has done the same. Abstinence has done the same.

You may not agree with Blackmore's decision to have an abortion, or indeed with her pessimistic judgment about the state of the world today. But shouldn't she be entitled to decide for herself? Is she obligated to bring a child into the world because she may be the next Mary and her child the next Jesus?

She can decide to do whatever she wants with her own body. But an abortion is the destruction and killing of another. Don't believe in the Bible? Then fine, don't believe. My point still stands...if it was reasonable for a mother to decide to kill her unborn child because a fool was running for a powerful position or a war was going on, then no reasonable woman would have a child....ever.

If Blackmore were fine with her decision, she would have made a very short blog entry. But what you read there is her blaming the world for her decision and looking for excuses. And the plain truth is, if you're at peace with something you did, you don't need to make the rest of the world responsible for your choice.

As far as aborting those who would have done great things VS aborting those who would have done bad, or nothing....what's your point? That no child should be born because some people do bad things?

I was watching a new program today on A&E. It's called "Born This Way". It's a reality show about people with Down's Syndrome. Over 80 percent of children prenatally diagnosed with DS are aborted. Doctors often advise mothers to abort these children. One of the men on the show said plainly that his mother was told to have an abortion but she said no.. He said "I"m here. I'm human." The mother explained that when she was pregnant, the doctor told her she was better off aborting because if not, she shouldn't expect much,. that her child would not contribute anything to society.
It's disgusting that the "prochoice" community is so silent on this issue of doctors deciding which children are worthy of life and which aren't.

EatTheRich

President
She can decide to do whatever she wants with her own body. But an abortion is the destruction and killing of another.
Is it your opinion that she is morally obliged to use her womb, lungs, bloodstream, kidneys, etc., to incubate her unwelcome guest? Or do you believe that she should be legally obliged to do so?

Don't believe in the Bible? Then fine, don't believe. My point still stands...if it was reasonable for a mother to decide to kill her unborn child because a fool was running for a powerful position or a war was going on, then no reasonable woman would have a child....ever.
I wouldn't presume to boil down Blackmore's no doubt complex decision to a paraphrased version of a single blogpost. But she is, as I recall, 22, and I think we can indulge what you see as unreasonable petulance in view of her evident passion for justice.

If Blackmore were fine with her decision, she would have made a very short blog entry. But what you read there is her blaming the world for her decision and looking for excuses. And the plain truth is, if you're at peace with something you did, you don't need to make the rest of the world responsible for your choice.
An alternative possibility: she is quite at peace with her decision, but also feels a moral responsibility to use her personal decision to educate the general public and to call attention to matters (Trump's run for office, the war in the Middle East) that she takes very seriously.

As far as aborting those who would have done great things VS aborting those who would have done bad, or nothing....what's your point? That no child should be born because some people do bad things?
No. That would make as little sense as saying that every potential child should be born because Jesus was so great.

I was watching a new program today on A&E. It's called "Born This Way". It's a reality show about people with Down's Syndrome. Over 80 percent of children prenatally diagnosed with DS are aborted. Doctors often advise mothers to abort these children. One of the men on the show said plainly that his mother was told to have an abortion but she said no.. He said "I"m here. I'm human." The mother explained that when she was pregnant, the doctor told her she was better off aborting because if not, she shouldn't expect much,. that her child would not contribute anything to society.
It's disgusting that the "prochoice" community is so silent on this issue of doctors deciding which children are worthy of life and which aren't.
Interesting. As someone who has a cousin with Down syndrome, a roommate with cerebral palsy, and an ex-girlfriend who was paralyzed as a result of polio, I certainly agree that people with disabilities are often treated as if their lives lack value. Perhaps doctors are too hasty in recommending abortion in cases involving disabilities. That said, we don't know whether the mother's paraphrase of the doctor's comments is accurate, and I certainly wouldn't want a doctor withholding information or painting an overly rosy picture of the financial, emotional, career, and social costs that may be involved in making the choice to raise a child with a serious disability. And while the choice to abort should not be forced on anyone, neither should the choice to raise an unwanted child under extremely difficult circumstances.

Cuba has the highest abortion rate in the world and is also one of the most caring, humane societies in the world.
http://www.workers.org/2011/world/cuba_0818/

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The women I know that had abortions regret ever doing that, especially one that was 18 and figured she could have babies later when more stable in life, but, due to female problems and surgery that became impossible an at 60 is a mental case due to having an abortion and never being able to have kids.

If kids must suffer with dope head parents, etc, abortion is best for kids.......IMO

EatTheRich

President
No, an egg without a sperm is not human. It takes both TOGETHER. Once they're joined, it is a HUMAN in development.
According to your arbitrary designation, which is convenient for forcing poor women to bear babies for the military and meekly submit to the tyranny of the family for their own protection.

Why not? And what about an egg without a sperm?
The answer is obvious, Unfertilised eggs and sperm that has not reached an egg are just that. Conception is the beginning of the possibility of life - my wife had two pregnancies that did not run full term , possibly because her body had not recovered afterthe first which was a Caesarian birth , later we had the second was natural, so of course not all pregnancies run to a successful childbirth. Some are forced to have abortions for medical reasons, others are forced against their will some by circumstances. There are some who would introduce , or support the introduction of laws that would punish a woman for having an abortion , even if that abortion was forced on her against that woman's will. I would equate that with the Saudi laws that have rape victims whipped for adultary. . I wonder if some of those here who rush to condem those who need to control their families would also condem artificial insemination as tinkering with nature ?