• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What would you do if your tax rate went up by 5%

If my tax rate went up by 5% I would

• Reduce how much I work by an additioanl 5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reduces how much I work by an additioanal 10%

• Cutback 5% on my spending

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Look for more Overtime or ask for a raise

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Look for other ways to make up the loss

• None of the above

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

degsme

Council Member
The point I was trying to make is I am NOT a job creator. I am a worker. So, no I am personally not working any more.
Actually connie, your 401k Is more of a "job creator" than someone who is wealthy is.

BUT - If I were a job creator and my tax rate went up - I could determine whether or not it was worth it to employ others.
Sure - but the Return On Investment factor that an employer looks at is roughly 5:1 of earnings to salary before hiring someone. so a 5% change is meaningless. (i've run my own business, been involved in 6 startups, and been on the Hire/no hire decision loop at 3 major companies)

So, I have seen many times people make a decision to not increase the productivity in their businesses as a result of tax policies.
Then they aren't very good business people. Because if a 5% or even 40% difference is what pushes you over the edge, you are running a very very small margin and economically inefficient business.