• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What's the difference between a cold front and a POLAR VORTEX?

They're the same thing of course. The controlled media invented the term "polar vortex" a few years back to convince us that climate change is for real. What' happening in Chicago right now is a mean cold front but it's the kind of thing they see every 15 years or so.

Climate change is a hoax since it's trivially true. Climates are always changing.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
They're the same thing of course. The controlled media invented the term "polar vortex" a few years back to convince us that climate change is for real. What' happening in Chicago right now is a mean cold front but it's the kind of thing they see every 15 years or so.

Climate change is a hoax since it's trivially true. Climates are always changing.
Everyone agrees that they are always changing. That much can be proven. Where we differ are how much influence man has on the change, which is up for debate.

Caroljo

Senator
I don't care what they call it....it's frigging COLD! Our temp today with windchills is -30 to -50. I've lived in Michigan all my life and I've never seen this!

MrMike

Bless you all
Liberal Moonbats haven't figured out how to blame mankind for cold fronts nor how to tax them for causing them so they create new names and hope something sticks.

But really... as someone mentioned earlier, it's driven by Weatherchannel geeks who want to personalize and name events so it sounds cooler and drives up ratings.

Spamature

President

The polar vortex is a feature of the Earth's climate.
A cold front is a weather condition.

May I suggest a great book that will help you in these areas.

https://www.amazon.com/Weather-101-Long-Range-Forecasts-Everything/dp/1507204639?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1507204639

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
when was last time they had to set the tracks on fire in Chicago to keep trains running?

EatTheRich

President
Everyone agrees that they are always changing. That much can be proven. Where we differ are how much influence man has on the change, which is up for debate.
The range of the debate among people who take evidence seriously has narrowed considerably in recent decades.

EatTheRich

President

My understanding is that the polar vortex is the area north of the jet stream, and as the jet stream has weakened, more and more masses of Arctic air (a cold front) has blown in from the north. Meanwhile the Arctic has warmed at an incredible pace.

EatTheRich

President
I don't care what they call it....it's frigging COLD! Our temp today with windchills is -30 to -50. I've lived in Michigan all my life and I've never seen this!
It’s almost as if ... the climate has changed (to a more remarkable extent than in the “trivially true” sense).

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
The range of the debate among people who take evidence seriously has narrowed considerably in recent decades.
Of course, only politically angled "scientists" would ever say that man has zero effect on climate. The severity is what is debated.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

u stick vortex in front of or behind anything and your odds of closing a few more schools goes up by several percentage points

Caroljo

Senator
Yesterday (and I think today) we'll even go without mail! I've never seen that happen before....but I'm glad. No reason for them to have to be out in this....my bills and junk mail can wait!

EatTheRich

President
Of course, only politically angled "scientists" would ever say that man has zero effect on climate. The severity is what is debated.
Sure. For example, the current climate represents the effects of increasing temperatures by about 1 degree Celsius. Different scientists say that under a business as usual scenario, by 2100 the amount of warming could be as little as 2.5 degrees or as much as 7.8 degrees. But there is an emerging comsensus that it is most likely to be in the 3.7-4.8 degree range.

Spamature

President
Hey einstein. A weather condition is a feature of the earth's climate. THINK
No, weather changes from place to place. The polar vortex is a mass of cold air that permanently sits on the northern pole of the planet. What you we are experiencing is warm air over the oceans to the south pushing against it and in turn destabilizing that cold air mass. This causes it to bulge in the middle and pushes that cold Arctic air south.

Why has the air over the oceans become so warm that it causes the weather pattern ?

Could it be climate change ?

4/15

Mayor
No, weather changes from place to place. The polar vortex is a mass of cold air that permanently sits on the northern pole of the planet. What you we are experiencing is warm air over the oceans to the south pushing against it and in turn destabilizing that cold air mass. This causes it to bulge in the middle and pushes that cold Arctic air south.

Why has the air over the oceans become so warm that it causes the weather pattern ?

Could it be climate change ?
These people are low IQ and no amount of re-education will help them.