• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

...what's the giant sucking sound coming from the "heartland? - it's our money...

Figjam

Mayor
"...the regions of America most hooked on Santorum’s narcotic – the regions in which government programs account for the largest share of personal income – are precisely the regions electing those severe conservatives.

"...Aaron Carroll of Indiana University tells us that in 2010, residents of the 10 states that Gallup ranks as “most conservative” received 21.2 percent of their income in government transfers, while the number for the 10 most liberal states was only 17.1 percent."

...Say what??? "...Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program.”"???

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/02/20/1997771/the-puzzling-political-contradictions.html#storylink=cpy

...can teapubs spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? No, I thought not...

OldGaffer

Governor
Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program
Wngers have little concept of reality.

Bruce

Council Member
"...the regions of America most hooked on Santorum’s narcotic – the regions in which government programs account for the largest share of personal income – are precisely the regions electing those severe conservatives.

"...Aaron Carroll of Indiana University tells us that in 2010, residents of the 10 states that Gallup ranks as “most conservative” received 21.2 percent of their income in government transfers, while the number for the 10 most liberal states was only 17.1 percent."

...Say what??? "...Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program.”"???

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/02/20/1997771/the-puzzling-political-contradictions.html#storylink=cpy

...can teapubs spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? No, I thought not...
While this is'nt new new's it is a confirmation of that which a lot of people knew already. I posted back when the tea partier's were headed for washington and several of my friends from the heartland that were dependent on government entitlements were looking for a ride to protest government entitlement's.Go figure! They were addicted to O-reily and Hannity and got their dose of Rush in the AM.
As they complained about the entitlement's they were complaining about how healthcare and medicare were breaking them and they could'nt afford gas to take a trip to see their grandkids. Inflation was wiping them out as the carpet bagger's were cleaning their bank account's. They never understood how trillions were being robbed for war's and other gimmick's on the nation's credit card. Being the patriotic folk's that they are every time soldiers were loaded up to go to Iraq and the mideast they rah rah rahed and waved the flag. While I'm patriotic and have served and love my country, I know when I'm being duped.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
zzz.. i thought we'd at least get interesting...

it's either, there's a sucking sound.....and it's entitlements...and you're against ..

or perhaps it's that you're only against entitlements if to the right... in which case...teapubs arent the only hypocrites..

degsme

Council Member
zzz.. i thought we'd at least get interesting...

it's either, there's a sucking sound.....and it's entitlements...and you're against ..
Except its not "entitlements" it is instead things like the National Highway Safety Act - and similar non entitlement programs that go to fund Red States. http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/22685.html

Remember that story from about 2 years ago where the Tennessee rural FD allowed some guys house to burn down because he hadn't paid his dues? Well the irony is the Blue State money had gone into funding that FD - to the tune of $250,000 in the previous year (I'll give you the links ifyou want). So the CLAIM that conservatives made that this FD was self-sufficient based on the funding from the community and hence the community could decide to let that house burn as "punishment" for a failure to live by their own rules... was... well... Bullshite.

It was another case where Red State Government failed, even though it was already being funded by Blue State money.

You realize that CA would not have a Budget Crisis but would actually have about a $20Billion annual surplus if it got the kind of funding from the Feds that most REd States need to even come close to staying in the 20th Century. Because things like the NHTSA are used to fund everything from Fire Departments (first responders on highways) to regional hospitals (ER service for highways) to schools (Hot lunch, NCLB funding) etc. etc.

Figjam

Mayor
...pf - what are entitlements? If they are SS and medicare/aid then no, I am NOT against those. If they are subsidies to business that should not be subsidized like agra-business, oil and unlimited unemployment benefits then YES, I am against those...

...and you?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
so..er ..wait.. So my response to a post containing such clues as " government programs account for the largest share of personal income ", and "medicare", "unemployment" etc... and titled to contain "sucking sound" and "our money"

was not about entitlements

and was in fact about fire department funding and the sate of the budget in california?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
again.. so..er ..wait.. So my response to a post containing such clues as " government programs account for the largest share of personal income ", and "medicare", "unemployment" etc... and titled to contain "sucking sound" and "our money"

was not about entitlements but agribusiness? oil?

degsme

Council Member
so..er ..wait.. So my response to a post containing such clues as " government programs account for the largest share of personal income ", and "medicare", "unemployment" etc... and titled to contain "sucking sound" and "our money"

was not about entitlements

and was in fact about fire department funding and the sate of the budget in california?
Largest share of personal income could well refer to the funding of local Tenn. FDs by funds coming out of CA