• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What's Wrong With A 10% Flat Tax?

Jen

Senator
I say everyone should pay a 10% flat tax. No exceptions, no excuses, everyone pays 10% across the board. This is the most fair way. No one should get a free ride, no matter how rich or poor, and everyone should have skin in the game. I guarantee you that people wouldn't be so flippant with how to spend scarce federal tax dollars if they had to contribute. Am I right or am I right?
Flat tax sounds fine, but if we had a flat tax for all it would have to be something like 20% and that would kill the people at the bottom.

The problem is that no matter how much we care about our tax dollars, it's the people we elect who get to decide how those dollars are spent, and even when they sound like responsible spenders while they are campaigning, they won't be once they get into office.

Notice that during this government shut down............those we elected still get paid while the lowly peons don't. That means that some people can't use their EBT cards. It's always those at the bottom who feel the pinch. Nobody we elected cares about that.

EatTheRich

President
I was answering to a post that said "and all other forms of taxation eliminated". So in that scenario there wouldn't be
Do you know what a refund is? It’s when the government withholds money from every paycheck, and then you get some of it back at the beginning of the year when you file taxes.

redtide

Mayor
Which is why a top marginal rate of 70% makes sense.
in the interest of compromise and of fairness why not have a flat tax rate on all at 70%? This way we all pay the consequences of our votes. I bet the lazy and unmotivated freeloaders change their voting styles over night.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I say everyone should pay a 10% flat tax. No exceptions, no excuses, everyone pays 10% across the board. This is the most fair way. No one should get a free ride, no matter how rich or poor, and everyone should have skin in the game. I guarantee you that people wouldn't be so flippant with how to spend scarce federal tax dollars if they had to contribute. Am I right or am I right?
There’s nothing wrong with it if you want to pay more, and have the wealthy pay less.

But why do you want that?

redtide

Mayor
There’s nothing wrong with it if you want to pay more, and have the wealthy pay less.

But why do you want that?
you mean other than it is the right and fair thing to do? Why do you not want the lazy and unmotivated to pay their fair share? Why do you feel that they should not have any of the consequences of their votes?
Or is it that taking from others and forcing them to suffer the consequence of freeloaders who vote is good?