• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When Dow opens tomorrow, expect to see 13,000...

Bo-4

Senator
And lots of very lonely, sad and desperate JackCons telling us how crappy the economy is. ;-)

12,949.87 +45.79 (0.35%) Feb 17 - Close

Lukey

Senator
Not me, I'm net long growth stocks. But I at least know that the stock market is not the economy. Growth is below average, Obama's "recovery" is even more "jobless" than Bush's was and real estate is still experiencing depression-like demand. If you think the DJIA is a measure of Obama's economic policies, you really aren't qualified to post on the subject.

Figjam

Mayor
...and if you think the real estate debacle is not residual from failed bush-era policies - or at least failure to correct errors they were well aware of, neither are you...

Bo-4

Senator
Not me, I'm net long growth stocks. But I at least know that the stock market is not the economy. Growth is below average, Obama's "recovery" is even more "jobless" than Bush's was and real estate is still experiencing depression-like demand. If you think the DJIA is a measure of Obama's economic policies, you really aren't qualified to post on the subject.
That's funny Lukey.. especially when you gloat over a hundred point drop and point your ever-so selective finger at the president.

Oh yes, and not to burst your omnipresent bubble of gloom, but homeowner optimism is at its highest level since May of 2007!!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/story/2012-02-15/homebuilder-sentiment-rising/53102390/1

Lukey

Senator
...and if you think the real estate debacle is not residual from failed bush-era policies - or at least failure to correct errors they were well aware of, neither are you...
If you don't know that there is a difference between cause and remedy, you aren't qualified to post on anything!

Figjam

Mayor
...talking to yourself? Housing collapse cause - banks not following due diligence practices issuing mortgages to unqualified buyers - bush administration allowing banks to then package and sell securities which were improperly represented.

...remedy - banks now conducting due diligence - holding foreclosed properties as to not collapse housing prices any further...

...unfortunately, the housing "recovery" is all done with smoke and mirrors because banks are still holding records levels of foreclosed homes which if dumped on to the market would really cause a real estate collapse in a large part of the Nation...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
That'd be cool. Wish I'd remembered to send in my monthly contribution to my tax-deferred annuity last week.

Lukey

Senator
That's funny Lukey.. especially when you gloat over a hundred point drop and point your ever-so selective finger at the president.

Oh yes, and not to burst your omnipresent bubble of gloom, but homeowner optimism is at its highest level since May of 2007!!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/story/2012-02-15/homebuilder-sentiment-rising/53102390/1
Some drops are the fault of the President's economic policies and some are not. Same goes for moves up. See you think all moves up accrue to Democrat policies and all moves down are the fault of Republicans. That's what separates the big boys from the little boys in the investment game. By the way, as I kept telling Gordo, if it wasn't for the Fed propping up the stock market, it would be measuring the decline in the Obama economy. This shows you what I mean:

awww.ritholtz.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2012_02_2_17_12_Daily_SP_w_above_200_day_MA.gif

But I suppose you still think it's all because Obama is such an economic genius...

Bo-4

Senator
I was right.. 8 points away Lukey. Got your meds handy? :D

12,992.33 +42.46 (0.33%) Real-time: 11:00AM EST

GordonGecko

President
The bad thing is...after three years of this stuff...Lukey KNOWS exactly what he's going to say every up or down in the Market...and so do we....and that it'll be completely contradictory. Blaming the President if it's down....Denying it's a good sign if it's up and insisting the President gets no credit.

Bo-4

Senator
The bad thing is...after three years of this stuff...Lukey KNOWS exactly what he's going to say every up or down in the Market...and so do we....and that it'll be completely contradictory. Blaming the President if it's down....Denying it's a good sign if it's up and insisting the President gets no credit.
He's a genius when it comes to the economy.. and spinning EVERY Obama victory into failure. :D