• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When is a baby considered a living human being?

At what time does a baby become a living human being?

• At conception

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • When heartbeat is first detected

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • At birth

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
The seed of new life springs forth at conception - that though is not what is in question- Independent life is.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
The seed of new life springs forth at conception - that though is not what is in question- Independent life is.
Independent life isn't until..........at the very earliest..........maybe 10 years old........probably much later than that in 99.9% of all humans.

Jen

Senator
We see some saying unborn babies are not humans.

At what time do they become so?
Some say not even at birth until the last tip of the last toe is out. And you should be able to kill "it" (whatever other-than-human thing "it" is) up until that point of last toe-tip exit.

fairsheet

Senator
We should strive for a world where everyone believes that human life begins at the moment of conception. We aren't there yet. Note that I don't assign much value to a world where everyone is coerced as a matter of civil law, to treat conception as the point where human life begins. The pro-lifers aren't helping at all, by insisting that their way of respecting human life (at the point of a sword) is the only righteous one.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
as stated by jen,,dependent life extends long after birth..

independent life is as you said, "independent" of the mothers body...

the "dependency" fluctuates,,an infant cannot survive on its own..

as stated by jen,,dependent life extends long after birth..

independent life is as you said, "independent" of the mothers body...

the "dependency" fluctuates,,an infant cannot survive on its own..
Darling oicu812 ( please tell me one day how you came upon such a bloody difficult for other to write, anon name! ) as I have stated before ,I had two abortions so this subject is particularly painful for me - I would and have always, when asked, advised women of the agony to come ------------------------- but, yes whilst that growing being is dependent on 'you' for its life you rightfully have the choice to eject it from you -

Jen

Senator
Independent of the mothers body -
Do you mean able to survive independent of the mother's body?
With help?
Without help?
And what is the definition of "help"?
Breathe on its own?
Forage for food on its own?
What is that point?
It still seems like it's not quite nailed down.

Do you mean able to survive independent of the mother's body?
With help?
Without help?
And what is the definition of "help"?
Breathe on its own?
Forage for food on its own?
What is that point?
It still seems like it's not quite nailed down.
Without help -

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
Without help -
There are reasons that a baby must be aborted. Those reasons can occur at any time of the pregnancy. My preference would be for abortion to be legal and between a woman and her doctor. I am disgusted that it is a political football. To me that is an insult to everyone.

Caroljo

Senator
Without help -
Come on Queen....WITHOUT help? Children need help for quite a few years after they're born. Are you saying you would be ok with a child of 2 yrs old that can't provide for itself to stay alive, that this child is not considered a human being?

There are reasons that a baby must be aborted. Those reasons can occur at any time of the pregnancy. My preference would be for abortion to be legal and between a woman and her doctor. I am disgusted that it is a political football. To me that is an insult to everyone.

My problem is in the why? Why do we desperately need that feeling of the life spring only to eject it -------------- And that is societies question to answer.

Jen

Senator
My problem is in the why? Why do we desperately need that feeling of the life spring only to eject it -------------- And that is societies question to answer.
That I don't know.
Once felt in me......... there was no chance I would choose to eject it even if it meant giving my own life in the process.

Come on Queen....WITHOUT help? Children need help for quite a few years after they're born. Are you saying you would be ok with a child of 2 yrs old that can't provide for itself to stay alive, that this child is not considered a human being?
Nope --------------- we are not talking about the free born into our, mothers/parents guardianship - we are talking of our bodies, are we free? Your choice -