• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When should Stay-at-Home have been effected nationally...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

you can filter by clicking on US on the left.. then review the graphs on the right...

Lots of argumentation back and forth about how wrong everything has gone to date...

Based on the data... and in your opinon...on what date should a nation wide stay at home order been employed...??

(with the understanding, that as a result....the US and global economies are cratered, millions are unemployed, and massive panic effects all...)

go armchair QBs ..go...

BobbyT

Governor

you can filter by clicking on US on the left.. then review the graphs on the right...

Lots of argumentation back and forth about how wrong everything has gone to date...

Based on the data... and in your opinon...on what date should a nation wide stay at home order been employed...??

(with the understanding, that as a result....the US and global economies are cratered, millions are unemployed, and massive panic effects all...)

go armchair QBs ..go...
Let's start with your answer.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Let's start with your answer.
i dont understand.. have i claimed action should have occurred 'months ago'? or that trumpie is too late? or pooh pooing it?

My answer is progressively as caseload density increased...

but, this post is for all those who armchair QB this mess and know how wrongly things have gone and are going, seemingly knowing when such action should have occurred...

Please.... your date>?

RickWA

Snagglesooth

go armchair QBs ..go...
I honestly DO NOT KNOW the right answer here. I CAN tell you that, if I were president, I’d be incredibly hesitant to invoke FEDERAL edict across all the states to shut down businesses and schools...even later, as more information/data became available. I would hope that ANYONE we elect president has a healthy measure of hesitation in such authoritarianism.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly DO NOT KNOW the right answer here. I CAN tell you that, if I were president, I’d be incredibly hesitant to invoke FEDERAL edict across all the states to shut down businesses and schools...even later, as more information/data became available. I would hope that ANYONE we elect president has a healthy measure of hesitation in such authoritarianism.
it's an extremely tough call.. still no armchair QBs.....

i dont understand.. have i claimed action should have occurred 'months ago'? or that trumpie is too late? or pooh pooing it?

but, this post is for all those who armchair QB this mess and know how wrongly things have gone and are going, seemingly knowing when such action should have occurred...

Please.... your date>?
Jan 31.

Bugsy McGurk

President

go armchair QBs ..go...
If we knew two months ago what we know now, we would have shut down two months ago. We would have snuffed out the catastrophe within a month. Why didn’t we know then what we know now? You know the answer - Trump did everything he could to deny and minimize the virus threat, and he squelched the advice we would have heard from the experts.

So here we are.

If we knew two months ago what we know now, we would have shut down two months ago. We would have snuffed out the catastrophe within a month. Why didn’t we know then what we know now? You know the answer - Trump did everything he could to deny and minimize the virus threat, and he squelched the advice we would have heard from the experts.

So here we are.
Ah, as I said - a Hate-22

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

So here we are.
What date again?

BobbyT

Governor

Please.... your date>?
I see. Well your choices are: i think everything has gone as it should and I would have made no changes -or- here are the things I would have done differently. I get that you prefer to have others state their opinions so you can throw stones at them from the comfort of having offered none of your own, but I don't play that game.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I see. Well your choices are: i think everything has gone as it should and I would have made no changes -or- here are the things I would have done differently. I get that you prefer to have others state their opinions so you can throw stones at them from the comfort of having offered none of your own, but I don't play that game.
No. My answer is clearly stated above.

I understand why you won't commit to an answer

go armchair QBs ..go...
I'm a states rights/constitutional originalist. I fail to see where federal laws should allow politicians in Washington DC the ability to

1. Confine the nation at large to its bedroom wihtout supper
2. Send Japanese americans to concentration camps in times of war.
3. Legalize dangerous narcotics in places people moved to, in order to get away from the dangers of addiction
4. Close department stores, but leave liquor stores open because they're afraid problem drinkers will act out if they can't buy whisky on a moments notice
5. Take my stuff and give it to somebody else who never even finished high school, and hasn't done an honest days work in his entire life.