• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When should Stay-at-Home have been effected nationally...

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan

you can filter by clicking on US on the left.. then review the graphs on the right...

Lots of argumentation back and forth about how wrong everything has gone to date...

Based on the data... and in your opinon...on what date should a nation wide stay at home order been employed...??

(with the understanding, that as a result....the US and global economies are cratered, millions are unemployed, and massive panic effects all...)

go armchair QBs ..go...
The governor here in Oregon issued the first restriction order on March 8. At the time I thought that it was about a week too late. So had I been making the call up here I'd say March 1st for Oregon. You can see by my posts here hammering Trump for his inaction that if I had made the call nationally I'd say March 15 at the latest, probably sometime between March 8th and the 15th. And that is being honest - even if I had made that call I would have regretted not making it earlier.

I think that had I gotten the same briefings that those senators used to dump their stocks I would have done it in that time frame or a little later - maybe mid to late February.

BobbyT

Governor
No. My answer is clearly stated above.

I understand why you won't commit to an answer
You're hounding others for a date. Your answer has no date either: progressively as the case load density increased. Progressively starting on what date? What is the caseload cutoff between one level of progression and another? Would it be nationwide or state-by-state? Is what you suggest different than what Donald is doing? If it is different, then aren't you "armchair quarterbacking" too?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I guess I’m not your armchair huckleberry. :)
No Rick, you’re his Bobsey Twin, Here to defend the guy you both see you dislike. U2 are so transparent that a two-year-old could see through you.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You're hounding others for a date. Your answer has no date either: progressively as the case load density increased. Progressively starting on what date? What is the caseload cutoff between one level of progression and another? Would it be nationwide or state-by-state? Is what you suggest different than what Donald is doing? If it is different, then aren't you "armchair quarterbacking" too?

i'm not suggesting anything different. what's happening here is asking those QBs who say he should have done so in the beginning of January to go on record as advocating for the shutting of the uS economy on a delta of 1, or 5, or 10 persons/

why are you scolding me? for injecting some realism here instead of invective and blame?

answer = no one in their right mind would advocate for the shut down (and subsequent destruction of the US economy....massive unemployment, financial ruin of millions, etc) before it is absolutely necessary..

you know it, i know it, even the armchair QBs know it...

because were witnessing it's effect as we speak... complete ruinitation of lives, of finances, etc.. for millions..

so babbbling on about how late he was to do it..is complete bullshit.. that's what this post is about... and thus far, spot on..few will touch it... least of all the armchair qbs.

so why are you here scolding me now a second time for asking?

go scold those that sought ruination on what? Jan 5th?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It does bug me, I still have to work while all these welfare queens get free money. I want people to start losing their houses, so I can buy a couple on the cheap.
it's all funny ha ha....till it's not.

i wouldnt wish it on anyone... but at least now i know...

;-)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a states rights/constitutional originalist. I fail to see where federal laws should allow politicians in Washington DC the ability to

1. Confine the nation at large to its bedroom wihtout supper
2. Send Japanese americans to concentration camps in times of war.
3. Legalize dangerous narcotics in places people moved to, in order to get away from the dangers of addiction
4. Close department stores, but leave liquor stores open because they're afraid problem drinkers will act out if they can't buy whisky on a moments notice
5. Take my stuff and give it to somebody else who never even finished high school, and hasn't done an honest days work in his entire life.
yes, thank you.

but what would you have done and when... that's the question..

when would you have pulled the trigger on stay at home and ruined millions of jobs, lives, careers, finances, etc.....??

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You don't understand today's conservatives. The oppose handouts only to people with skin darker than their own. As proven repeatedly you can't spell RACIST without the (R).
but what would you have done and when... that's the question..

when would you have pulled the trigger on stay at home and ruined millions of jobs, lives, careers, finances, etc.....??

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Neither my parents, nor I made poor financial or professional decisions.
that's not true. you're sucking out from them... depleting their funds, etc... you just dont see it... you lack depth.

anyway... you said Jan 31... there were 8 known cases on jan 31 according to arcsys...

you would have shut down the US economy and ruined millions of jobs, lives, careers, finances, etc.. on a delta of 8?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The governor here in Oregon issued the first restriction order on March 8. At the time I thought that it was about a week too late. So had I been making the call up here I'd say March 1st for Oregon. You can see by my posts here hammering Trump for his inaction that if I had made the call nationally I'd say March 15 at the latest, probably sometime between March 8th and the 15th. And that is being honest - even if I had made that call I would have regretted not making it earlier.

I think that had I gotten the same briefings that those senators used to dump their stocks I would have done it in that time frame or a little later - maybe mid to late February.

appreciate that. so, on march 8th, arcsys shows some 580 cases (on 320 million US citizens)
you would have ordered a full stay at home mandate on that date (or there abouts)...destroying millions of jobs, ruining finances, cratering trillions upon trillions...etc etc.. on a count numbering less than 1000?

dont read any tone into that... you were cool enough to answer..... its aserious question on my part..

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
If we knew two months ago what we know now, we would have shut down two months ago. We would have snuffed out the catastrophe within a month. Why didn’t we know then what we know now? You know the answer - Trump did everything he could to deny and minimize the virus threat, and he squelched the advice we would have heard from the experts.

So here we are.
Ah, our resident expert in 20/20 hindsight.
The Fed knew it was serious, but when they (And I'm supposing here) looked at the entire picture and tried to not panic the public they also somewhat underestimated the scope of this. And the states were very underprepared, Channel Louisiana and Katrina on a grander scale.

Now everyone is whining at washington to get the help that the states and local governments should have had ready just in case.

As it's been pointed out the Fed is a support and the states should have been better prepared but as we know they went cheap or spent the money on other things.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk

you can filter by clicking on US on the left.. then review the graphs on the right...

Lots of argumentation back and forth about how wrong everything has gone to date...

Based on the data... and in your opinon...on what date should a nation wide stay at home order been employed...??

(with the understanding, that as a result....the US and global economies are cratered, millions are unemployed, and massive panic effects all...)

go armchair QBs ..go...
Never Wyoming has no deaths

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

go armchair QBs ..go...
Mid December to mid January but they were being cautious and it cost them, now its catch up time but it's a stern chase and it'll be a long one. (A proverbial saying, early 19th century; a stern chase is a chase in which the pursuing ship follows directly in the wake of the pursued ship)

I know you know this Phil, just wanted your readers not to get lost. ;)