• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Where are all the Conservatives?

Friday13

Governor
(Honestly, if the shoe was on the other foot, and an LOC mod made a "friendly" suggestion to an ROC poster, I would be amazed if the ROC community did not flip out about it. That is just the way this stuff seems to work.)
Yep...that's how it works. The "squeaky wheel" gets the grease...

Friday13

Governor
I think that it would be safer if [#1]ROC mods did not diddle with LOC threads or posts in any way that looked "rule-related" (and[#2] ditto for LOC mods and ROC threads/posts)
I agree with you. I will add that I have seen #1 happen frequently, but can't say I've ever seen #2 happen.

MaryAnne

Governor
How is a post devoid of content and instead a pointer BY A MODERATOR - TO THE RULES - a "reply as a poster"?
I am with Degs on this one. Notice how quick a ROC mod entered this thread. I see no LOC mods. And it is my understanding that only LOC mods can do this for LOC.

MaryAnne

Governor
so...then....is it a rules violation for someone to refer another to the rules?

seems a bit daft... no?
Phil,if the mod had asked a LOC mod to post the rules it would have been much different.That was not done in this case and it looks a if a ROC mod was lurking just to inject their authority. I find it offensive that you both are in this thread with no LOC.

I am not here to defend Degs.He has admitted what he knows about himself.:eek:) We can argue with the best of them.

I am here to object to the way this is being handled, and it is not the first time. Now,she is hiding, leaving you to carry the water.

Friday13

Governor
That was my understanding, too, MaryAnne. I see ROC mods "policing" LOC threads when they should be policing "their own" who are running free posting any damn fool thing they please and bragging about not being penalized.

MaryAnne

Governor
That was my understanding, too, MaryAnne. I see ROC mods "policing" LOC threads when they should be policing "their own" who are running free posting any damn fool thing they please and bragging about not being penalized.
You know me,Friday. I try to stay clear,but this is in direct violation of the rules of the mods and it is time for Dave to step in. We need some new mods. The old ones have been there too long. Clear them out.

MaryAnne

Governor
what wont fly. what policing has occurred in this thread?
Phil,you are posting to posters that have seen this too often. One steps in, knows they messed up
and leaves the big guy to carry their water.

Now go discuss this with your own.not us.

In answer to the TP

Now that Jack Bucks are worthless are we not back on the same sort of footing as we were on Slate and though Xfire seams very quiet lately I know there are respective LOC and ROC private forums ....Isn't a closed ROC forum sortta like a closed BB ?

Only response I can must to this Phil is "whatever" it's Dave's board, if he's not happy, he can change it,

And of course, so can the posters they can change also, to another political board, right?

Real Talk, you know?

Regards
Pace

We can PACE and some have, We all see some of the really good, thoughtful posters from Fray getting truly pissed off with this place but ....must we really all start all over again somewhere else ?

Degs is right though ........with all the nit pickin' rules and regs and the bloody Storm Troopers ...no matter why we arrived at where we are, it is just getting more and more uncomfortable to be here.

We all know how we got to this place and why without having to have another postmortem how do we loosen the place up ? Making it a relaxed and fun and 'freespeaking' place to be ?

In a sense we must self moderate as in be able to come to some sort of deal amongst ourselves surely other wise it is a dictatorship.

Minotaur

Governor
As an aside: I hate bullies, even when I like them.

One person should never be eaten alive by a pack of any number higher than 1 on 1

Leaves a bad taste to watch the bloodfest as each diner holds a finger in the air chanting "We're #1 - her head is our trophy".

I'll move on...

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Can we assume that LOC posters - as posters - can point ROC posters - including the ROC mods - to the rules or will LOC posters be subject to infractions for pointing out the rules to ROC posters?

Jen was showing you the post with new rules in case you missed it. This is not a moderation action.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
I am sorry Minotaur. If degsme challenged Jen one on one, I think that he would lose. When one person is on horseback with a sword and the other person is on his own two feet with a stick, it is not "one on one."

As an aside: I hate bullies, even when I like them.

One person should never be eaten alive by a pack of any number higher than 1 on 1

Leaves a bad taste to watch the bloodfest as each diner holds a finger in the air chanting "We're #1 - her head is our trophy".

I'll move on...

degsme

Council Member
Actually Min I've got some idea of what Jen has said in "standing up for me"....and it doesn't change my views here.

Who was it that said The unexamined life is not worth living?

Minotaur

Governor
I didn't like seeing it in high school so I would not like seeing it anywhere. One on one is respectable enough for consequences not to matter. Gang banging is repulsive enough for winning not to matter.