• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Where are all the Conservatives?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Tell that to the skinny kid who was beat up by the bully. Consequences matter.

If the fight is not fair, it is not fair whether it is one on one or not.

I didn't like seeing it in high school so I would not like seeing it anywhere. One on one is respectable enough for consequences not to matter. Gang banging is repulsive enough for winning not to matter.

Minotaur

Governor
He examined his life. Rejection of words you never heard seems to sum up how unproductive and unreliable a fell swope drawn conclusion and examination of anyone other than self can be.

[video=youtube;XiOcW_YR1G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOcW_YR1G8[/video]

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Are you trying to suggest that members of the ROC (including ROC mods) do not have some room to examine their own behavior? If not, why the exclusive focus on degsme?

He examined his life. Rejection of words you never heard seems to sum up how unproductive and unreliable a fell swope drawn conclusion and examination of anyone other than self can be.

[video=youtube;XiOcW_YR1G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOcW_YR1G8[/video]

This thread. The problem now being that we 'can't' within the rules stand up for each other easily, without it being named self moderating .........I know we all understand how it has come to this but ............. I still question the wisdom of it.

Minotaur

Governor
Exclusive focus on Degs?????????????

He asked me the question:

"Who was it that said The unexamined life is not worth living?"

For Socrates the examination was self. Not sure how to apply self examination to ROC, Road Runners, Degs, Moderators or anyone but one's own self. As for an examined life, I highly recommend it to all.

Minotaur

Governor
It is a wonderful investment in ourselves. I agree as I think we all do that. The human brain ever questions so why would it leave us out of it? LOL

Reminds me of a joke I love:

"I was thinking that the human brain must be the most amazing part of the human body...and then I thought...look whose telling me this!"

;)

degsme

Council Member
"Who was it that said The unexamined life is not worth living?"

For Socrates the examination was self. Not sure how to apply self examination to ROC, Road Runners, Degs, Moderators or anyone but one's own self.
Some moderators demonstrate evidence of insight and honesty about their own motives that results in actions integrated with claims.
Others do not.

degsme

Council Member
:) And I think we all do, on here as in the past at some point examine our own self xxxx
I don't. My experience is that most people DO NOT actually do a careful self-examination. In fact the Psychology and sociology and even Behavioural Econ literature is full of evidence to the contrary.

P

PACE

Yo Min, this is a PM, not a public post, this one offended even me

And that's sayin a lot,

I don't want to hear anymore about innuendo, and former MOD discussions, there is a discussion here, Dave has the right to clarify and we have the right to question, why are you censoring Degs?

Not good, not good at all.

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

I am really tired of both sides now, what's true is there is piling on done by both sides, go look at Barbella's thread from this morning, piling on there, you don't hear me complaining, Hell I am an observer, I asked two questions here, legitimate questions, and so now everyone is lumped into piling on or worse yet, "gang banging", I gotta tell ya, if people don't like what they read, they should just not read it.

And I'll be sure to write some poetry so I can entertain the "organ grinders", this "sailor stuff is "so beneath me".

I don't forget one ------ single -------phrase, ever.

Regards
Pace

Jen

Senator
After the piling on I have taken here lately, I do sympathize with those enduring that (posting as a poster, not a mod).

I am really tired of both sides now, what's true is there is piling on done by both sides, go look at Barbella's thread from this morning, piling on there, you don't hear me complaining, Hell I am an observer, I asked two questions here, legitimate questions, and so now everyone is lumped into piling on or worse yet, "gang banging", I gotta tell ya, if people don't like what they read, they should just not read it.

And I'll be sure to write some poetry so I can entertain the "organ grinders", this "sailor stuff is "so beneath me".

I don't forget one ------ single -------phrase, ever.

Regards
Pace

I don't. My experience is that most people DO NOT actually do a careful self-examination. In fact the Psychology and sociology and even Behavioural Econ literature is full of evidence to the contrary.
You know more posters than I do degs, I would say those I do know, just by posting, examine their own thinking

P

PACE

The truth is? no one is here to get insulted, too many internalize what they read, the truth, they are just not that important, and insofar as dictatorship is concerned, there's a line to be drawn, there are many discussions here, heated and some nonsensical, but to me, it's more important to learn,

What have I learned? that there's many closed minds here, many, and there's no prying them open.

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

Hey, the truth is, if the heats too high, turn on a fan, I take no umbrage with the piling on, I've seen it, it's happened to me, don't hear me complaining, if I am in the mood, I'll answer every single post, to me, and then some,

But, there's a line to be drawn. I would rather not lump all righties together, some are decent people, but some? just not worth my time.

You didn't take a piling on here Jen, not even close, people asked you questions, i asked if you were posting as a moderator or a poster, so I could measure my responses to you, there's a lot of "guidance" here, I wondered why Degs gets targeted a lot, he's pretty passionate, but then again, so are others, and they happen to be on the right, they don't get the sequestering that some liberal posters have seen, but me? I really don't care, seriously,

It's just a way of communicating, if communication is what you want, ask, if game playing is what you want, I'll play and switch the rules.

I think you were given a lot of chances here to answer the questions, you can ignore them too you know.

But piling on? sorry, just don't see it.

Regards
Pace