• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Where the Roses Bloom all Year

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
This poem is dedicated to our own MaryAnne whose love for roses is well known.

Where the Roses Bloom all Year

There is a valley just over the hill
Where the roses bloom all year
I'll go there to tend them
When my work is done down here.

I have no doubt there will be roses
There will be roses everywhere
How could it really be heaven
If there were no roses there?

I know they'll need a gardener
To tend the roses there
I'll volunteer my services
For I have experience here.

I'll see all my friends and relatives
All of those whom I hold dear
Just over the hill in the valley
Where the roses bloom all year.

This was originally posted in another forum and then deleted. In the second line of the last stanza Jack Dallas suggested that I add "whom" between those and I. I agreed, thanked him and did so. Jack is not always an AH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=meMZNiHURe0&t=42

RedCloud

Mayor

Friday13

Governor
It called The House Wren. I'll send you the link.
Yeah...saw that one there, but haven't seen Gramps' work there yet. I'm Android illiterate...have to get my daughter to teach me how to get the books, then have to find out how to use Cloud storage. Any advice?

My first book from Kindle will be your Civil War book, and, if it becomes available there, Gramps' WWII book. What is "The House Wren" about?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Jack, I have this song bookmarked, as I do many YouTube songs, but thanks for giving me the link. Rickey Skaggs gives Barry Gibb credit for writing the song. I think it was written by the late Woody Guthrie for it was copywrited by Woody Guthrie Publictions. I tested some of Barry Gibb's other songs and didn't like them but this one was different---even if he didn't write it!
I doubt that Gibb wrote this song. I think I have heard it before over the years but I could be wrong. Perhaps Barry did that particular arrangement; but most Bluegrass songs don't really need arranging. They're pretty simple.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Yeah...saw that one there, but haven't seen Gramps' work there yet. I'm Android illiterate...have to get my daughter to teach me how to get the books, then have to find out how to use Cloud storage. Any advice?

My first book from Kindle will be your Civil War book, and, if it becomes available there, Gramps' WWII book. What is "The House Wren" about?
You can get a free App from Kindle to use to download the book(s) to a computer. It's a little hard sitting at a computer to read a book. You can also download to a Smart Phone, or I pad.
Note: There are 2 Civil War Books (Adventures in Time, The American Civil War and Adventures in Time, The American West). Keep in mind you can click on the covers and be able read a a sample of each book.

The novel (The House Wren is set to let you priview 3 or 4 complete chapters). This is a long book (took me 10 years to write it) 22 chapters and over 600 pages.

You can read a synopsis of The House Wren by clicking on the appropriate link on my Bookshelf.

Friday13

Governor
Thanx. Kindle app came with the Android, she has mastered that, but can't figure out cloud storage (also came with the Android). I haven't got the hang of the kindle, yet.

MaryAnne

Governor
You can get a free App from Kindle to use to download the book(s) to a computer. It's a little hard sitting at a computer to read a book. You can also download to a Smart Phone, or I pad.
Note: There are 2 Civil War Books (Adventures in Time, The American Civil War and Adventures in Time, The American West). Keep in mind you can click on the covers and be able read a a sample of each book.

The novel (The House Wren is set to let you priview 3 or 4 complete chapters). This is a long book (took me 10 years to write it) 22 chapters and over 600 pages.

You can read a synopsis of The House Wren by clicking on the appropriate link on my Bookshelf.
Putting an APP in is very simple. Just type in what you want,and bingo.

I watch all my favorite TV shows on the iPad when I want to. I am honestly surprised how much I have learned.

For an Avatar,I just take a picture,like I did of my roses, click photo on Avatar,and it is there,no resizing. Something I never managed to do. Addy was sending me links! See how honest I am?

I may get a Galaxy,they are lighter than the iPad. I have my Sunday School book on APP,and after checking that it would not take up too much space,am getting a Bible APP.

This thing takes better pictures than my camera,with a front and back camera.

Friday, with your experience,it will be a breeze.

Now, I have to program my Smart phone into my car! BTW,that has a phone,too. I got a robo call while driving. Scared me to death! :) and ONSTAR, oh Lordie!

I want my simple life back!

MaryAnne

Governor
Thanx. Kindle app came with the Android, she has mastered that, but can't figure out cloud storage (also came with the Android). I haven't got the hang of the kindle, yet.
You will have no problem. You know too much,girl! I just do not like to read books on them

Make sure you check your Library, you can borrow books on Kindle and reserve,or renew them. They send you reminders,too.

MaryAnne

Governor

I have AIT.