• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Where's the humanity?

Jen

Senator
A young, foreigner [white] guy shot in the back and killed.

Where is President Obama? He came forward and talked about Trayvon Martin? Why not this one?

Where is Al Sharpton?
Where is Jesse Jackson?
Isn't it time for a racial message? This is at least as racial as the Martin/ Zimmerman shooting was.

But no. The message is different:
The Daily Kos reports it this way, and these are the talking points we are seeing here.
Shameful.
LINK
Daily Kos: The three teenagers are black, and the victim was white. And given the reaction we've seen from right-wingers to the response to the George Zimmerman trial, and then President Obama's impromptu press conference about race in America, there's a good chance they're going to jump on this story to justify every single damn racist bone in their body.

Caroljo

Senator
What does this atrocity have to do with race?one of the boys was white.
Some white boys think they're black, at least they like to act like it. I can't help but laugh when I hear young white boys acting all "in the hood" when they talk! Lol! Must have had a wonderful family life!

barbarap

Council Member
The reason sharpton, Jackson, and Obama haven't come forward probably has something to do with the fact that the perpetrators were immediately arrested after the incident. Quite a different scenario than the Zimmerman/Martin situation.

Caroljo

Senator
The reason sharpton, Jackson, and Obama haven't come forward probably has something to do with the fact that the perpetrators were immediately arrested after the incident. Quite a different scenario than the Zimmerman/Martin situation.
They were arrested because there was no question they did it. With Zimmerman, there was no reason to arrest him when he was defending himself, and the investigators had nothing proving that he was at fault. They aren't going to throw someone in jail when they have nothing on him. The trial was a farce....they knew they couldn't win. They just went through it to appease the Zimmerman haters. There was no question that these boys did this. there's no comparison.

barbarap

Council Member
They were arrested because there was no question they did it. With Zimmerman, there was no reason to arrest him when he was defending himself, and the investigators had nothing proving that he was at fault. They aren't going to throw someone in jail when they have nothing on him. The trial was a farce....they knew they couldn't win. They just went through it to appease the Zimmerman haters. There was no question that these boys did this. there's no comparison.
I wasn't trying to justify it one way or the other.... Was just pointing out the difference.

And, not interested in taking your bait. Believe what ever you want...regardless of the fact that no one really knows what happened besides Zimmerman and Martin.... And Martin is dead.

Jen

Senator
I seriously doubt if that's the reason they didn't come forward, but....... mmmkay.

Renee

Governor
Some white boys think they're black, at least they like to act like it. I can't help but laugh when I hear young white boys acting all "in the hood" when they talk! Lol! Must have had a wonderful family life!

Gee, I guess you think Colin Powell and Obama think they're white....they talk sooo white. (Tongue in cheek) so you think white kids who imitate a culture, have poor family life? And I bet you don't think you're racist.

Jen

Senator
So you think if it had been my son, he would have been followed? Just a coincidence that Martin was black....jeez
That's not what I said. You do like to put words in peoples' mouths.
Next thing you'll repeat that I said what you posted and have a couple of your pals high five it and at that point the leftists on this board will consider it's true. Pretty scurrilous group. You fit right in.

Ant, since you didn't notice, the racial make up in the two groups were the same: black, hispanic, white.

Caroljo

Senator
Gee, I guess you think Colin Powell and Obama think they're white....they talk sooo white. (Tongue in cheek) so you think white kids who imitate a culture, have poor family life? And I bet you don't think you're racist.
Well, since Obama hates the "white" side of himself, no, I don't think he thinks he's white. Don't know how Powell feels and really don't care. If my son wanted to act like a thug and not speak proper English I'd be straightening him out quickly! There's no reason the black kids talk that way either, crap you can hardly understand them! I believe in raising kids to respect others, and the way some kids act (ALL cultures) no wonder they can't find a decent job. And no I'm not racist, but I'm sure you'll find ways to call me a liar. My kids had some pretty close "black" friends through highschool too..and none of them acted or talked like that. They now all have good jobs.

Caroljo

Senator
So you think if it had been my son, he would have been followed? Just a coincidence that Martin was black....jeez
Well since that neighborhood had had so many break ins (the reason for the Neighborhood watch group), I understand why Zimmerman was watching him. It was dark and rainy and Martin had a hood over his head......so ya, it was a coincidence that Martin was black, how could Zimmerman tell until Martin confronted him?

Bluedog

Mayor
It seems these incidents regarding whether an assault is racist or not boil down to these scenarios:

If Caucasian is attacked by an African American or Hispanic, prove it's racist.

If a Caucasian attacks an African American or Hispanic, prove it's not racist.

Just my observation.

Renee

Governor
That's not what I said. You do like to put words in peoples' mouths.
Next thing you'll repeat that I said what you posted and have a couple of your pals high five it and at that point the leftists on this board will consider it's true. Pretty scurrilous group. You fit right in.

Ant, since you didn't notice, the racial make up in the two groups were the same: black, hispanic, white.

I didnt put words in your mouth. When there is a question mark after a statement, it means it IS A QUESTION. So how about answering the question. Do you think if it was my white son, he would have been followed???????????
the race of the perps here wasn't relevant....they were animals. They were arrested and that was it. Or do you think they killed him because he was white????????????

Renee

Governor
Well, since Obama hates the "white" side of himself, no, I don't think he thinks he's white. Don't know how Powell feels and really don't care. If my son wanted to act like a thug and not speak proper English I'd be straightening him out quickly! There's no reason the black kids talk that way either, crap you can hardly understand them! I believe in raising kids to respect others, and the way some kids act (ALL cultures) no wonder they can't find a decent job. And no I'm not racist, but I'm sure you'll find ways to call me a liar. My kids had some pretty close "black" friends through highschool too..and none of them acted or talked like that. They now all have good jobs.
I taught black kids....what you are unaware of is often they speak that way among themselves. My husband help,set up a minority owned bond house on wall at. These guys were all Wharton and Harvard grads. When they were together the would go Into black dialect and he laughed because he didnt know what they were saying. My students were minorities and I felt the way you do about black dialect being used all the time. I told them there's nothing wrong with it but in my classroom they were to speak standard English because they are judged. You gave a perfect example by calling them Thugs. I also had a lot of Latino students who would speak Spanish when among themselves because that is what they heard it home. They would speak with accents also. Black kids who speak in black dialect are not thugs.

Renee

Governor
It seems these incidents regarding whether an assault is racist or not boil down to these scenarios:

If Caucasian is attacked by an African American or Hispanic, prove it's racist.

If a Caucasian attacks an African American or Hispanic, prove it's not racist.

Just my observation.

We have to do that all the time....to eliminate hate crimes .

Renee

Governor
Well since that neighborhood had had so many break ins (the reason for the Neighborhood watch group), I understand why Zimmerman was watching him. It was dark and rainy and Martin had a hood over his head......so ya, it was a coincidence that Martin was black, how could Zimmerman tell until Martin confronted him?

Let me I understand this.....it was raining and he had a hood over his head, so he was followed? No it wasn't a coincidence. Black kids face this all the time and you know damn well.