• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Where's the humanity?

Jen

Senator
I just looked at that cake and gained a pound!
I know...............I licked the bowl for both cake and frosting (really, I had to make sure it was good)........ now I'm thinking I shouldn't have a piece tonight.
I posted the recipe I use in the general forum. I recommend it.

Renee

Governor
My silence speaks volumes? Tell me, in those volumes was there any mention of me being on the other boards and busy with real life? Any mention of the fact that I didn't know you were losing sleep over what color my son is?

I'll put it to you this way....my son has been stopped on the street an in the mall by strangers who remarked how much he resembles Obama. Further, he's been followed and questioned by cops and security guards for no other reason other than being there. He's also very tall and wears hoodies, hood up. Due to his Asperger's, he has trouble looking people in the eye and talking to them at the same time, which makes people even more suspicious of him.

So now why don't you tell me what it was I said that made you think I was white, hmmmm? I'm gonna ask you until you answer. What do white people say, Renee? What do black people say?
I apologize.... amd i mean that sincerely. it is terrible that he has been stopped for no reason other than being there.....and looking black, I am sure, My students have the same problems , I have worked with kids with Aspergers and it can be real tough for them., especially the difficulty of looking someone in the eye.people misunderstand.
You have said things that led me to believe you are white....usually someone who is black discussing race issues , will mention their race. Do you think I am white?

Reactions: Jen

Renee

Governor
I know...............I licked the bowl for both cake and frosting (really, I had to make sure it was good)........ now I'm thinking I shouldn't have a piece tonight.
I posted the recipe I use in the general forum. I recommend it.

I don't bake, but I accept care packages

Reactions: Jen

gigi

Mayor
I apologize.... amd i mean that sincerely. it is terrible that he has been stopped for no reason other than being there.....and looking black, I am sure, My students have the same problems , I have worked with kids with Aspergers and it can be real tough for them., especially the difficulty of looking someone in the eye.people misunderstand.
You have said things that led me to believe you are white....usually someone who is black discussing race issues , will mention their race. Do you think I am white?
I don't know what you are and I don't care. It doesn't make a difference.

I know you feel I said things that lead you to believe I was white. Now you're saying something I DIDN'T mention made lead you to believe I was white?
I'm saying uh-uh, Renee.

What did I say that made you think what you do?

And thanks for the apology and the empathy for my son. I do appreciate both.

Mr. Obama is neither all of the black race or of the white race, so there is some interest in the conversation surrounding his race, which is mixed.

Hummingbirdlvr3

Council Member
I will answer your question....I am assume she is white, I assume you are female. You form an opinion by things people say. If I talked about how I think blacks are all moochers, you could assume I'm a racist. Could I be wrong ? Of course. Thanks Gigi surrogate . I think you don't quite understand the word stereotype and it is always a bad thing.
I think you're a huge Lib hypocrite as per your many accusations of racism directed at others. Yet you go on to demand repeatedly of a poster to answer as to what their skin color is. What said poster wrote as to their son's appearance just didn't jive with your mental image of what you stereotyped this poster to be. Ya know stereotype: your mental image of Gigi being caucasion - derived solely from her posts. According to you Gigi must be white due to the opinions that she holds. Evidently only white people hold those opinions according to your mindset- stereotype anyone?! You most certainly stereotyped her through her posts, and it's obvious for all to see.

Jen

Senator
I think you're a huge Lib hypocrite as per your many accusations of racism directed at others. Yet you go on to demand repeatedly of a poster to answer as to what their skin color is. What said poster wrote as to their son's skin color just didn't jive with your mental image of what you stereotyped this poster to be. Ya know stereotype: your mental image of Gigi being caucasion - derived solely from her posts. According to you Gigi must be white due to the opinions that she holds. Evidently only white people hold those opinions according to your mindset- stereotype anyone?! You most certainly stereotyped her through her posts, and it's obvious for all to see.
People like Renee aren't rare. And posters who think as she does, making assumptions based on her view of what people think and how it translates into skin color or ethnic group or any other stereotypical slot......... then speak to the person as if those parameters exist........... are common.

I"m sure we all do it to some extent, but most of us are tolerant enough not to launch directly into a character assassination or insult fest based on our own assumptions. When we've done that and our assumptions are proven to be wrong we look like fools.

Seems Renee has boxed herself into an undesirable category of people just by leaping to those conclusions and leaping again into the insult based on her wrong conclusions.

Interesting lesson to be learned, isn't it.

Renee

Governor
People like Renee aren't rare. And posters who think as she does, making assumptions based on her view of what people think and how it translates into skin color or ethnic group or any other stereotypical slot......... then speak to the person as if those parameters exist........... are common.

I"m sure we all do it to some extent, but most of us are tolerant enough not to launch directly into a character assassination or insult fest based on our own assumptions. When we've done that and our assumptions are proven to be wrong we look like fools.

Seems Renee has boxed herself into an undesirable category of people just by leaping to those conclusions and leaping again into the insult based on her wrong conclusions.

Interesting lesson to be learned, isn't it.

You have boxed me along with others who think as I do. Perhaps we have put you into a narrow thinking person box. You repeat this common pattern of self righteousness. You accuse me of character assassination .....as you attack my character, cloaking yourself in moral superiority.. You do that repeatedly....justifying your rude behavior by making yourself a victim and"you're just hitting back".. No Jen, you're down there with the best of us . :pThere was no reason for this attacking post . Why high five?

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
You have boxed me along with others who think as I do. Perhaps we have put you into a narrow thinking person box.
Oh, I'm not the one in a box.
You came here and described peoples' motives, skin color and way of thinking.
Either you've been here before or you assumed.

Renee

Governor
Oh, I'm not the one in a box.
You came here and described peoples' motives, skin color and way of thinking.
Either you've been here before or you assumed.

Please read my post...I added some comments.
Do you really think you don't so the very same things you accuse others of? If you can't take the heat......
I observe, and draw conclusions, you may not like them, that is your right. But don't be so pompous to think you don't do the same things.....TRUCE

Jen

Senator
Please read my post...I added some comments.
Do you really think you don't so the very same things you accuse others of? If you can't take the heat......
I observe, and draw conclusions, you may not like them, that is your right. But don't be so pompous to think you don't do the same things.....TRUCE
Not saying I've never done it...............I believe I posted that caveat.
And if I do it it's pointed out to me here.
So, if you do it......................... I should be able to point it out also.
Fair is fair, isn't it?
I may come across as pompous. My posting style is such just so I can stay alive on this board. I'm rarely actually pompous unless I'm mocking myself.

Renee

Governor
Not saying I've never done it...............I believe I posted that caveat.
And if I do it it's pointed out to me here.
So, if you do it......................... I should be able to point it out also.
Fair is fair, isn't it?
I may come across as pompous. My posting style is such just so I can stay alive on this board. I'm rarely actually pompous unless I'm mocking myself.

Then do not criticize others for doing what you do. Just because you say "I admit I do it" doesn't make it any better. Attack messages not messengers

Jen

Senator
Then do not criticize others for doing what you do. Just because you say "I admit I do it" doesn't make it any better. Attack messages not messengers
So you can do that but I can't???
Oh............there is certainly humor in this post, Ms. Pot calling Kettle.

Renee

Governor
So you can do that but I can't???
Oh............there is certainly humor in this post, Ms. Pot calling Kettle.

The difference is I don't whine about it....you are the one who started this personal attack.....and now you're trying to pin it on me. I suggest you ignore me if you cant play it two ways. When I personally attack you, not your views, let me know. I don't care about how you overgeneralize and pretend you know what liberals think and say , these bad libbers, we all so that.. But when you attack my character and my profession, I think you cross a line. Again, don't hold yourself morally superior....you're not.

Jen

Senator
The difference is I don't whine about it....you are the one who started this personal attack.....and now you're trying to pin it on me. I suggest you ignore me if you cant play it two ways. When I personally attack you, not your views, let me know. I don't care about how you overgeneralize and pretend you know what liberals think and say , these bad libbers, we all so that.. But when you attack my character and my profession, I think you cross a line. Again, don't hold yourself morally superior....you're not.
Oh so now you're calling me a whiner?
Not whining...........just laughing at you chasing your tail all over the place to divert things.
You're the one not able to take it............. But, Sweety. If you can dish it out you'd better be able to take it. Keep that in mind.
G'nite.

Renee

Governor
Oh so now you're calling me a whiner?
Not whining...........just laughing at you chasing your tail all over the place to divert things.
You're the one not able to take it............. But, Sweety. If you can dish it out you'd better be able to take it. Keep that in mind.
G'nite.
Am I calling you a whiner? ABSOLUTELY. I can take it but I don't sink to attacking your professional and integrity . Obviously you don't know where the line is. I don't divert things...you just don't hear unless it is something bad about Obama then your ears perk up.