• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Which apple is #1 in america?? - Based on production

This is based on actual quantity grown not some silly poll . GALA wins. They are my choice too. Surprised to see red delicious WAS number 1. I hate them.

http://usapple.org/after-50-years-red-delicious-falls-to-2-as-most-grown-u-s-apple-gala-takes-1-spot/

aug 23 2018 After 50+ years, Red Delicious falls to #2 as most grown U.S. apple, Gala takes #1 Spot

Chicago (August 23, 2018)—Following more than half a century of holding the first place position among apple varieties produced in the U.S., Red Delicious this year will likely yield first place to Gala, according to the U.S. Apple Association. The announcement came today at the organization’s 2018 Annual Crop Outlook and Marketing Conference in Chicago.

USApple’s 2018 production forecast, as reported in its annual Production and Utilization Analysis, is as follows: 1) Gala, 2) Red Delicious, 3) Granny Smith, 4) Fuji, and 5) Honeycrisp.

Measured in 42 pound units, Gala production is estimated to jump from 49.5 million units in 2017 to 52.4 million in 2018, edging out Red Delicious, whose production is expected to decrease from 57.9 million in 2017 to 51.7 million in 2018.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I would've guessed 1 and 2 based on the size of the bins of them I see in stores,though not necessarily in that order. they're a little too soft for my tastes. I prefer crispy apples. My favorite is Envy apples,originally from New Zealand.