• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"White fragility"

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It's nice to see that members on this site are in 100% agreement with the statements in this OP. That doesn't happen very often.
How did you determine that? You have 3 Likes and yours is the first post after the OP. I would advise you to wait until the thread has played out before you judge its success. Somebody here will disagree with you, if for no other reason than to prove you wrong.

The people who represent the base of the GOP desperately want to be rid of the idea of racism. They believe that its all over, that we are now beyond it. Roberts even wrote that into a majority decision in regards to the VRA. These people are so vested in the idea that America has moved beyond the racism of the past that they will not even contemplate that it is still with us everywhere. Thankfully, the majority of Americans understand the dynamics of racism and our children see it clearly. The fights over statues, flags, heroes, BLM, guns, prisons, law and order, drugs, schools, voting, registrations, felonies, integration, you name it, its all about race. Yet here we are with a whole group of these people writing in a public forum that it no longer exists or that the obvious admission of it is a threat to the republic. How much more proof do you folks need to see? Look in the mirror.

The people who represent the base of the GOP desperately want to be rid of the idea of racism. They believe that its all over, that we are now beyond it. Roberts even wrote that into a majority decision in regards to the VRA. These people are so vested in the idea that America has moved beyond the racism of the past that they will not even contemplate that it is still with us everywhere. Thankfully, the majority of Americans understand the dynamics of racism and our children see it clearly. The fights over statues, flags, heroes, BLM, guns, prisons, law and order, drugs, schools, voting, registrations, felonies, integration, you name it, its all about race. Yet here we are with a whole group of these people writing in a public forum that it no longer exists or that the obvious admission of it is a threat to the republic. How much more proof do you folks need to see? Look in the mirror.
Another one who doesn't understand the debate and the difference between racism and systemic racism.

Another one who doesn't understand the debate and the difference between racism and systemic racism.
Oh I understand it alright, maybe it's your challenge to understand it. Here are the crib notes for the topic in case you are in a hurry. Racism exists and it is built into the very fabric of our society culturally, politically, legally and structurally. The institutionalization of racism is systemic racism. Hope that helps you in your African Studies curriculum.

Oh I understand it alright, maybe it's your challenge to understand it. Here are the crib notes for the topic in case you are in a hurry. Racism exists and it is built into the very fabric of our society culturally, politically, legally and structurally. The institutionalization of racism is systemic racism. Hope that helps you in your African Studies curriculum.
What a complete load of unsubstantiated crap. ;0)

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Let me ask you this; if you were black and you saw repeated instances of police brutality, hyper aggressive behavior, and even outright murder of black people, how would you respond?
Let me ask you this; if you were White and you saw repeated instances of black brutality, hyper aggressive behavior, and even outright murder of White people, how would you respond?

The fights over statues, flags, heroes, BLM, guns, prisons, law and order, drugs, schools, voting, registrations, felonies, integration, you name it, its all about race.
None of it is about race. All of it is about money.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Let me ask you this; if you were White and you saw repeated instances of black brutality, hyper aggressive behavior, and even outright murder of White people, how would you respond?
Impolite to answer a question with a question; it shows that you do not have an answer.

But here is mine anyway. The police are supposed to protect and serve all of the people. You're supposed to be able to trust the police High profile instances of a violation of that trust damage it. As do the repeated instances.

I imagine any 10 of those who are protesting have 10 different answers. Not sure how any of them are making money doing it though

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
I imagine any 10 of those who are protesting have 10 different answers. Not sure how any of them are making money doing it though
It's not that they're making money doing it. It's that they feel the the existing system hasn't provided them with much of a share of the pie. Those who feel oppressed feel as they do because they don't have wealth that others have. When they don't have the ability to improve their station for themselves, they try to destroy the system that they must blame for their station in order to not blame themselves. When they can't destroy the system, they begin to destroy themselves. Read "Notes From The Underground" -- it captures the dynamic we're seeing.

The objective fact is that we're living in the least racist society at the least racists time in world history. Another objective fact is that we're living in a time of greater wealth inequality than since the Gilded Age (though the poor are far better off now than then), and this following the enormous shared prosperity of the post-WWII period. Racial disparities in wealth are undeniable, but correlation isn't causation.

Its about race. But it is also about money as you added. Money for me, nothing for you. Since race has been a factor in who has power, the underlying cause of it all is race. Tulsa is a great example of how race trumps money.