• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who will be the 2020 nominee?

EatTheRich

President
My top 10 guesses as of right now (not who I’d like to see nominated but who I think has the best chance):

10. Elizabeth Warren
9. John Hickenlooper
8. Michael Bloomberg
7. Amy Klobuchar
6. Beto O’Rourke
5. Pete Buttigieg
4. Cory Booker
3. Joe Biden
2. Julian Castro
1. Kamala Harris

And the election is a long way away, but I’ll also speculate that whoever they nominate will lose to Trump

Days

Commentator
that list looks pretty astute.

And your speculation was probably spot on also... especially if Kamala Harris becomes the nominee. Dems need to take back the rust belt and I don't think they can do it; but someone like Amy Klobucher might just pull it off. Kamala Harris doesn't have a prayer or a clue... going head to head with Kamala, Trump will win in a similar manner to his victory over Hillary.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
My top 10 guesses as of right now (not who I’d like to see nominated but who I think has the best chance):

10. Elizabeth Warren
9. John Hickenlooper
8. Michael Bloomberg
7. Amy Klobuchar
6. Beto O’Rourke
5. Pete Buttigieg
4. Cory Booker
3. Joe Biden
2. Julian Castro
1. Kamala Harris

And the election is a long way away, but I’ll also speculate that whoever they nominate will lose to Trump
@EatTheRich, don't you think Joe Biden has a good chance against Trump?

Days

Commentator
@EatTheRich, don't you think Joe Biden has a good chance against Trump?
About as good a chance as Hillary had. And that might be enough for Biden because he understands what Hillary failed to connect with. But here's the problem for Biden... Hillary already soiled the path. Joe will attempt to go to the same people she turned off, with the same lack of vision, and the same platform, and try to turn their hearts around. That's going to be tough to do.

forgive me, Rose, I know you asked ETR

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member

And your speculation was probably spot on also... especially if Kamala Harris becomes the nominee. Dems need to take back the rust belt and I don't think they can do it; but someone like Amy Klobucher might just pull it off. Kamala Harris doesn't have a prayer or a clue... going head to head with Kamala, Trump will win in a similar manner to his victory over Hillary.
@Days, which states make up the Rust Belt? I'm thinking Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Indiana. Am I correct?

Days

Commentator
@Days, which states make up the Rust Belt? I'm thinking Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Indiana. Am I correct?
yeah, it really boils down to Detroit and Pittsburgh; the auto industry, the steel industry and Great Lakes shipping. It affected the entire midwest. What once was the largest industrial center on earth ... up and vanished. US Steel was the 3rd largest corporation in the world... it doesn't even exist anymore.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
About as good a chance as Hillary had. And that might be enough for Biden because he understands what Hillary failed to connect with. But here's the problem for Biden... Hillary already soiled the path. Joe will attempt to go to the same people she turned off, with the same lack of vision, and the same platform, and try to turn their hearts around. That's going to be tough to do.

forgive me, Rose, I know you asked ETR
Thank you, Days. That is a good point. Calling certain people "deplorables" didn't help Hillary much did it?
It's too bad they can't judge Biden on his own merits, and not by what Hillary did or said.

Days

Commentator
Thank you, Days. That is a good point. Calling certain people "deplorables" didn't help Hillary much did it?
It's too bad they can't judge Biden on his own merits, and not by what Hillary did or said.
Well, here's why that "deplorable" comment was so bad. What she did was get up in a room full of rich people and gloat that Trump had to cater to the poor. And make no mistake, the poor saw that. Here's why. We weren't always poor. I grew up in the richest county on the planet. As late as the 1950s and 1960s, there was more money flowing through a state like Michigan than anywhere else. Then it all dried up. So, these people are proud, they are also butthurt, and Hillary labeling them a bunch of debased degenerates hit home. They are not at all that... they were very dignified and high class, higher class than Park Ridge, Illinois. So that was a very stupid thing to say in the middle of an election campaign... out of touch? Absolutely.

Biden would not have done that, but the damage is done. The midwest gave Trump a try and Trump delivered... now what can Biden say? He needs to have a totally different platform than Hillary had and yet he has the same platform, the same vision, because that's who he really is.

The rust belt was forgotten, left behind, labeled "flyover country" ... and it smarts, because we used to be the richest [Unwelcome language removed] in the country, now we get laughed at by those who we used to laugh at. You can laugh at us all you want, but we won't vote for you.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk

10. Elizabeth Warren
9. John Hickenlooper
8. Michael Bloomberg
7. Amy Klobuchar
6. Beto O’Rourke
5. Pete Buttigieg
4. Cory Booker
3. Joe Biden
2. Julian Castro
1. Kamala Harris

Trump

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Well, here's why that "deplorable" comment was so bad. What she did was get up in a room full of rich people and gloat that Trump had to cater to the poor. And make no mistake, the poor saw that. Here's why. We weren't always poor. I grew up in the richest county on the planet. As late as the 1950s and 1960s, there was more money flowing through a state like Michigan than anywhere else. Then it all dried up. So, these people are proud, they are also butthurt, and Hillary labeling them a bunch of debased degenerates hit home. They are not at all that... they were very dignified and high class, higher class than Park Ridge, Illinois. So that was a very stupid thing to say in the middle of an election campaign... out of touch? Absolutely.

Biden would not have done that, but the damage is done. The midwest gave Trump a try and Trump delivered... now what can Biden say? He needs to have a totally different platform than Hillary had and yet he has the same platform, the same vision, because that's who he really is.

The rust belt was forgotten, left behind, labeled "flyover country" ... and it smarts, because we used to be the richest [Unwelcome language removed] in the country, now we get laughed at by those who we used to laugh at. You can laugh at us all you want, but we won't vote for you.
Which county did you grow up in?

Jen

Senator

10. Elizabeth Warren
9. John Hickenlooper
8. Michael Bloomberg
7. Amy Klobuchar
6. Beto O’Rourke
5. Pete Buttigieg
4. Cory Booker
3. Joe Biden
2. Julian Castro
1. Kamala Harris

It won''t matter to me since I am voting for Trump.

afella

Mayor

You're correct about Klobuchar. Shes the most moderate out of the bunch. She would still have the stigma of being from the old guard though.

I believe she would be able to trounce trump in debates, shes a bit more level headed than Clinton was. Plus she can relate to wide swaths of the population on issues they face specific to their class.

Shed be a hard one for trump to beat. If trump starts another war, Iran, NorKo, or Venezuela, I'd be willing to bet almost any dem nominee could take it.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

10. Elizabeth Warren
9. John Hickenlooper
8. Michael Bloomberg
7. Amy Klobuchar
6. Beto O’Rourke
5. Pete Buttigieg
4. Cory Booker
3. Joe Biden
2. Julian Castro
1. Kamala Harris

I keep bitch slapping Harris on her twitter page
She wants to start a civil war so fine with me. nominate her.
America is not as gullible as Californa is.