• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who would have guessed?

Harry Reid has decided that a budget will not be forth coming from the Senate again this year.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/02/04/pathetic_senate_democrats_wont_offer_a_budget_in_2012

Earlier today, Senate Democrats confirmed that they’ve given up on budgeting. What a disgrace. Senate Majority Leader Reid's refusal to budget is a recipe for crisis. By refusing to confront the storm clouds ahead, Senate Democrats are committing our nation to a future of debt, doubt and decline.

Given up because republicans won't allow a vote on one. Filibuster madness.
You blame the Republicam filubuster, explain the first two years when the Democrats had a majority in the Senate. What you don't realize is that as long as the Senate doesn't have a budget, they can spend as much as they want.

Doubter

Council Member
You blame the Republicam filubuster, explain the first two years when the Democrats had a majority in the Senate. What you don't realize is that as long as the Senate doesn't have a budget, they can spend as much as they want.
You may not understand what filibuster means, and I am interested in hearing about how democrats having 60 votes in 2010 changes things in 2012 when they don't. Also, I am pretty sure that Obama won't be able to just spend what he wants.

You may not understand what filibuster means, and I am interested in hearing about how democrats having 60 votes in 2010 changes things in 2012 when they don't. Also, I am pretty sure that Obama won't be able to just spend what he wants.
I fully understand what filibuster means but in 2009 and 2010 when the Democratic Senators had control of the Senate they decided that a budget was not necessary. Even now as they still have control of the Senate (though not as much as they did in the previous years) they still refuse to produce a budget. This is not because of the filibuster threat, it is because the Democrats know that what ever they put forth as a budget, it would have to be reconciled with the House budget. Which means that they will not be able to spend what they want on their pet projects.