• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Whoa! Looks like Sondland is gonna bury Trump and Giuliani

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
VERY damning testimony confirming the worst - Trump pressured the Ukraine president to go after the Bidens and he used US/Ukraine cooperation as leverage to do so. He also bashes the administration for pressuring him not to testify.

Read all about it...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/sondland-testify-trump-directed-giuliani-push-ukraine-scheme-n1067986
$1million dollar donor Sondland came to his senses. He didn't want to have to lawyer up and spend another million on legal fees....just to keep in Trump's good graces.

I take that back.....after reading Sondland's opening statement, it appears he's willing to throw himself on the pyre for Trump.

Last edited:

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
They certainly could do that. But they’re making the mountain of evidence higher. Quite prudently.

If there was a quid pro quo do you think Trump should be impeached and removed?
Trump will not be impeached, he will resign for health reason's and start his own political party and news channel, which the 18% base and shrinking will follow - then it will fail in a few years as the other 30 or so " greatest business plans" have. The Trump family will then retreat back push out Ivanka for 2024 and leak a soft core video of her with Trudeau and the base will have 100+ million views

Nostra

Governor
It destroys the Dimwinger narrative:

Withholding Security Assistance

Sixth,to the best of my recollection, I do not recall any discussions with the White House on withholding U.S. security assistance from Ukraine in return for assistance with the President's 2020 re-election campaign. I recall that, in late July 2019, Ambassadors Volker and Taylor and I exchanged emails in which we all agreed that President Zelensky should have no involvement in 2020 U.S. Presidential election politics. At the same time, we all believed strongly that U.S.Security Assistance should not be withheld.

Nostra

Governor
More....

Former Vice President Biden/Hunter Biden

Third, given many inaccurate press reports, let me be clear about the following: I do not recall that Mr. Giuliani discussed Former Vice President Biden or his son Hunter Biden with me. Like many of you, I read the transcript of the Trump-Zelensky call for the first time when it was released publicly by the White House on September 25, 2019.

Although Mr. Giuliani did mention the name "Burisma" in August 2019, I understood that Burisma was one of many examples of Ukrainian companies run by oligarchs and lacking the type of corporate governance structures found in Western companies. I did not know until more recent press reports that Hunter Biden was on the board of Burisma.

Again, I recall no discussions with any State Department or White House official about Former Vice President Biden or his son, nor do I recall taking part in any effort to encourage an investigation into the Bidens.

Nostra

Governor
More...

Ukraine Public Statement

First, I knew that a public embrace of anti-corruption reforms by Ukraine was one of the pre-conditions for securing a White House meeting with President Zelensky. My view was, and has always been, that such Western reforms are consistent with U.S. support for rule of law in Ukraine going back decades, under both Republican and Democrat administrations. Nothing about that request raised any red flags for me, Ambassador Volker, or Ambassador Taylor.

Consequently, I supported the efforts of Ambassador Volker to encourage the Ukrainian government to adopt a public statement setting out its reform priorities. My recollection is that the statement was written primarily by the Ukrainians with Ambassador Volker's guidance, and I offered my assistance when asked. This was the "deliverable" referenced in some of my messages – a deliverable/public statement that President Trump wanted to see or hear before a White House meeting could occur. The fact that we were working on this public statement was not a secret. More broadly, such public statements are a common and necessary part of U.S. diplomacy. Requesting that parties align their public messaging in advance of any important leadership meeting is a routine way to leverage the power of a face-to-face exchange.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
More...

Ukraine Public Statement

First, I knew that a public embrace of anti-corruption reforms by Ukraine was one of the pre-conditions for securing a White House meeting with President Zelensky. My view was, and has always been, that such Western reforms are consistent with U.S. support for rule of law in Ukraine going back decades, under both Republican and Democrat administrations. Nothing about that request raised any red flags for me, Ambassador Volker, or Ambassador Taylor.

Consequently, I supported the efforts of Ambassador Volker to encourage the Ukrainian government to adopt a public statement setting out its reform priorities. My recollection is that the statement was written primarily by the Ukrainians with Ambassador Volker's guidance, and I offered my assistance when asked. This was the "deliverable" referenced in some of my messages – a deliverable/public statement that President Trump wanted to see or hear before a White House meeting could occur. The fact that we were working on this public statement was not a secret. More broadly, such public statements are a common and necessary part of U.S. diplomacy. Requesting that parties align their public messaging in advance of any important leadership meeting is a routine way to leverage the power of a face-to-face exchange.
looks like Volker details too..

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/schiff-pressed-volker-to-say-ukraine-felt-pressure-from-trump

D

Deleted member 21794

More...

Ukraine Public Statement

Bugsy needs to make these bombshell posts so he can get them locked down later.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It destroys the Dimwinger narrative:

Withholding Security Assistance

Sixth,to the best of my recollection, I do not recall any discussions with the White House on withholding U.S. security assistance from Ukraine in return for assistance with the President's 2020 re-election campaign. I recall that, in late July 2019, Ambassadors Volker and Taylor and I exchanged emails in which we all agreed that President Zelensky should have no involvement in 2020 U.S. Presidential election politics. At the same time, we all believed strongly that U.S.Security Assistance should not be withheld.
He claims he didn’t know about it. Which does not mean it didn’t happen.

Bugsy McGurk

President
$1million dollar donor Sondland came to his senses. He didn't want to have to lawyer up and spend another million on legal fees....just to keep in Trump's good graces.

I take that back.....after reading Sondland's opening statement, it appears he's willing to throw himself on the pyre for Trump.
He’s trying to finesse things, denying knowledge where that’s not laughable. As to things that he can’t deny, he’s doing his best to spin for Trump.

For example, he refers to Trump’s shakedown as to the Bidens as an overall concern about “corruption in Ukraine.” It’s always such a hoot when people say that Trump is concerned about corruption.

;-)

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk