• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why are you here?

Why Are You Here?

• To engage in character assassination.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To brag about my wonderful life.

• Other.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That's all. Why do you come here?
because I pay for the cost of internet service and I Decide where I post.......SW is looking for more members and appears you are here to try and run present members off much less any new members, while you set in the dark room with 2-way mirrors and post only when you need to attack or try and prove how much more superior you are to con members.................

Why is this posted in Political and Current Events.............above is a place for bullshitt as this............

Perfect candidate for TRASH this post IS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21794

Report away. I didn't mention anyone.
I wish I was the reporting type. I got banned for having another poster's name in my signature. Frankly, I find the concept of using political adversaries' words against them to be a useful tool. I hope and expect your signature stays for as long as you desire. Seriously.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I wish I was the reporting type. I got banned for having another poster's name in my signature. Frankly, I find the concept of using political adversaries' words against them to be a useful tool. I hope and expect your signature stays for as long as you desire. Seriously.
I think it was the ganging up...and what was it?...3 or 4 folks posting that little Stay Calm meme that really caused the problem.

It's part of the reasoning behind my poll. We've done this for years, most of us...and it's become a rerun of all the past posts.

Same old same old...so...the poll was presented to make a point...and I believe it's been made. The same people who come here to complain and down rate folks, complained and down rated folks. Fish in a barrel.

Over the years, the better essayists have left. Most said approximately the same thing: There simply is little reason to engage as every post is met with some level of hostility and/or personal attack. You yourself engaged in this when you said I hate Christians. Patently untrue, but for some reason, you decided to lie to another person regarding my beliefs. I cathartically displayed my anger...and reported myself for my breach of the rules.

My request to you...is to stop being the non Thinker that you so often display...realizing that not every thought needs to be shared and focus on being The Thinker that you do, on occasion, display.

Once again...I will point you to my favorite celebrity Christian, Krista Tippett...and her radio show/podcast On Being.

http://www.onbeing.org

This week's show is great...as she has a long talk with Jesuit Priest, James Martin.

Jen

Senator
That's all. Why do you come here?
I originally came to discuss world events. When it became apparent that those on the Left with whom I needed the discussion to broaden my outlook - weren't here to do that but to engage in character assassination, I joined them.

It's just not fun anymore and I've found another board that actually gives information, intelligent thought process, and more than one side to an issue without character assassination so it is now my "main" board with this one being the board I go to if I have some spare minutes or am bored.

I wish those on the Left weren't so hateful. Hateful is not the way I prefer to be, but it seems to be the only way to stay alive here, and that is less and less fun every day.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I originally came to discuss world events. When it became apparent that those on the Left with whom I needed the discussion to broaden my outlook - weren't here to do that but to engage in character assassination, I joined them.

It's just not fun anymore and I've found another board that actually gives information, intelligent thought process, and more than one side to an issue without character assassination so it is now my "main" board with this one being the board I go to if I have some spare minutes or am bored.

I wish those on the Left weren't so hateful. Hateful is not the way I prefer to be, but it seems to be the only way to stay alive here, and that is less and less fun every day.
I try to discuss all sorts of things...and then I get comments like "get ahold of yourself"...

But when I fail, I blame myself. I control the keyboard.

Jen

Senator
I try to discuss all sorts of things...and then I get comments like "get ahold of yourself"...

But when I fail, I blame myself. I control the keyboard.
That comment was made because instead of "discussing" things, you engaged in personality assassination of one of our posters. Don't try to say that it was for your opinion on a world issue. I took issue with character assassination.

I've found that here on PJ if you, @Craig, make a statement on an issue and someone comes back with a counter-statement on that issue......... you, @Craig, are likely to attack the poster who countered you or attack the source they used without even touching on their counter-argument to your statement.

That is what the problem here is. We all do it. We do it to you because Leftists always do it to us. It's a circular problem and the result is that nobody discusses issues here in any sort of successful manner. I hate that. Were I able to fix it, I would.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
That comment was made because instead of "discussing" things, you engaged in personality assassination of one of our posters. Don't try to say that it was for your opinion on a world issue. I took issue with character assassination.

I've found that here on PJ if you, @Craig, make a statement on an issue and someone comes back with a counter-statement on that issue......... you, @Craig, are likely to attack the poster who countered you or attack the source they used without even touching on their counter-argument to your statement.

That is what the problem here is. We all do it. We do it to you because Leftists always do it to us. It's a circular problem and the result is that nobody discusses issues here in any sort of successful manner. I hate that. Were I able to fix it, I would.
I asked a few posters to detail exactly what it was they were disagreeing with.

I explained in detail that it seemed unusual to disagree that knives, pillows...and bathtubs were everyday items. The disagreement is not with the information, is it?

In that very same thread, you went off on a entirely different subject...in a challenging, "character assassination" manner.

Fix it...by not doing it.

Jen

Senator
I asked a few posters to detail exactly what it was they were disagreeing with.

I explained in detail that it seemed unusual to disagree that knives, pillows...and bathtubs were everyday items. The disagreement is not with the information, is it?

In that very same thread, you went off on a entirely different subject...in a challenging, "character assassination" manner.

Fix it...by not doing it.
I didn't feel that my comment derailed the OP. You feel it did.
Are we not able to post what we feel is relevant? Or is there someone (you in this case) who gets to dictate whether or not our post was relevant?

Can we not challenge other posters? Or is there someone (you in this case) who gets to dictate what is a wrong kind of challenge?

Some character assassination is obvious. I would hope that posters could, at some point, move away from that. But when every post is seen as challenging or derailing and then attacked as such............ well............to me it seems obvious as to where the problem lies.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I didn't feel that my comment derailed the OP. You feel it did.
Are we not able to post what we feel is relevant? Or is there someone (you in this case) who gets to dictate whether or not our post was relevant?

Can we not challenge other posters? Or is there someone (you in this case) who gets to dictate what is a wrong kind of challenge?

Some character assassination is obvious. I would hope that posters could, at some point, move away from that. But when every post is seen as challenging or derailing and then attacked as such............ well............to me it seems obvious as to where the problem lies.
I just fail to understand how you thought your post was relevant.

A mother went out and bought a gun...then murdered her children with it.

There is no relevancy to abortion in that story. None.

Revisit the thread. The first comment was snark. A woman had murdered her children, the OP asked if a waiting list MIGHT have saved some lives...and the first comment was about a waiting period for bathtubs. C'mon now.

I took the snark somewhat seriously...and showed why it really made no sense...as those objects were readily available and she chose not to use them. Lo and behold...DISAGREE!!! Huh. Weird...no? All these people...suddenly disagree that knives, pillows and bathtubs are common everyday items found in most houses. Please. Too obvious...particularly after all these years.

I also explained that abortions and bathtubs often do have waiting periods anyway. Just imagine the scenario...a woman, upset and illogical, angry enough at her kids to want to kill them. She heads into Home Depot...walks the length of the store to the plumbing supply aisle and picks out a bathtub. Home Depot says they can deliver it tomorrow...but she says "no thanks..I'll take it home now.". So she struggles a tad with the tub, as it weighs 300 lbs. But she gets it on car...and drives it home...Now...all she has to do is install it...fill it up and drown the kids. Easy peasy. Waiting list for a bathtub...Please.

So...you appear speaking about abortion, 87 posts in:

Does this mean you are now against abortion?
If abortion were outlawed, thousands of babies would be saved each and every month.
If killing her boys with a gun is so terrible (and it is) then poisoning and dismembering one's baby is just as terrible.
I'm sure you agree.......... since you posted this emotional plea.

That isn't challenging the top poster...that's taking the thread in an entirely different direction. The question was about a waiting period and the possibility that the kids MIGHT be alive had there been one.

3 folks clearly believe it would not have mattered...as they marked the post disagree. Weird...they then disagree the kids MIGHT still be alive. That they would be dead...from one of those other easily, readily accessible, found in most homes in the world, "weapons" that would be utilized.

Yes...Jen...when EVERY post is met with hostility...we know where the problem lies. I don't suppose it matters if I explain that my every post is met with hostility...by one of 4 people. They mark my posts no matter...sometimes simple informational posts get marked. Again...way...too...obvious.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Revisit the thread. The first comment was snark. A woman had murdered her children, the OP asked if a waiting list MIGHT have saved some lives...and the first comment was about a waiting period for bathtubs. C'mon now.

I took the snark somewhat seriously...and showed why it really made no sense...as those objects were readily available and she chose not to use them. Lo and behold...DISAGREE!!! Huh. Weird...no? All these people...suddenly disagree that knives, pillows and bathtubs are common everyday items found in most houses. Please. Too obvious...particularly after all these years.

I also explained that abortions and bathtubs often do have waiting periods anyway. Just imagine the scenario...a woman, upset and illogical, angry enough at her kids to want to kill them. She heads into Home Depot...walks the length of the store to the plumbing supply aisle and picks out a bathtub. Home Depot says they can deliver it tomorrow...but she says "no thanks..I'll take it home now.". So she struggles a tad with the tub, as it weighs 300 lbs. But she gets it on car...and drives it home...Now...all she has to do is install it...fill it up and drown the kids. Easy peasy. Waiting list for a bathtub...Please.

If abortion were outlawed, thousands of babies would be saved each and every month.
If killing her boys with a gun is so terrible (and it is) then poisoning and dismembering one's baby is just as terrible.

That isn't challenging the top poster...that's taking the thread in an entirely different direction. The question was about a waiting period and the possibility that the kids MIGHT be alive had there been one.

3 folks clearly believe it would not have mattered...as they marked the post disagree. Weird...they then disagree the kids MIGHT still be alive. That they would be dead...from one of those other easily, readily accessible, found in most homes in the world, "weapons" that would be utilized.

Yes...Jen...when EVERY post is met with hostility...we know where the problem lies. I don't suppose it matters if I explain that my every post is met with hostility...by one of 4 people. They mark my posts no matter...sometimes simple informational posts get marked. Again...way...too...obvious.
Cops have not said Mom killed the kids YET
Why post Fake News?

Jen

Senator

I disagree.
You pretend to know my motives and the motives of other posters.
You don't.

Days

Commentator
I came here .... to share my special wisdom and knowledge, of course.

I sort of left ... no announcement, I just left for a year or more. But I returned for the explicit reason to post my dissertation (April 2015). Since then, I've posted quite a bit. And I've continued to share my wisdom and knowledge ... mostly on money and the scriptures.

I was the first poster to confront the issue of stalking on the fray. It is a sticky and difficult disease to battle. You can't fight fire with fire, you need to learn to use water. Except for the oil fires.

good luck and be careful.