• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why are you here?

Why Are You Here?

• To engage in character assassination.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To brag about my wonderful life.

• Other.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I came here .... to share my special wisdom and knowledge, of course.

I sort of left ... no announcement, I just left for a year or more. But I returned for the explicit reason to post my dissertation (April 2015). Since then, I've posted quite a bit. And I've continued to share my wisdom and knowledge ... mostly on money and the scriptures.

I was the first poster to confront the issue of stalking on the fray. It is a sticky and difficult disease to battle. You can't fight fire with fire, you need to learn to use water. Except for the oil fires.

good luck and be careful.
Thanks for the post and the warning.

You most decidedly operate with different knowledge and with a different approach than most. While neither of your foci are of major interest to me, I always find it interesting to read your words.

I do enjoy the spiritual conversation and how one's spiritual outlook may be manifested here on earth, in real time, but like ferreting out stalking, it can be a perilous event. Sure, we've battled a tad, but that's also part of the process, part of the discussion.

I enjoyed this conversation between Krista Tippett and James Martin...

http://www.onbeing.org/program/james-martin-finding-god-in-all-things/7121/audio?embed=1

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
And subjective.
Again...some are, some are not.

I've repeatedly shown you...and the board...why I say so.

Pillows. Knives. Bathtubs.

Do you truly think people disagree these are everyday items in most households? Honestly?

Days

Commentator
Thanks for the post and the warning.

You most decidedly operate with different knowledge and with a different approach than most. While neither of your foci are of major interest to me, I always find it interesting to read your words.

I do enjoy the spiritual conversation and how one's spiritual outlook may be manifested here on earth, in real time, but like ferreting out stalking, it can be a perilous event. Sure, we've battled a tad, but that's also part of the process, part of the discussion.

I enjoyed this conversation between Krista Tippett and James Martin...

http://www.onbeing.org/program/james-martin-finding-god-in-all-things/7121/audio?embed=1
tell you the truth, I'm more about finding application for scripture in all things while finding God inside your heart. :)

thanks for the Link, I will listen to it.

If this helps... confession is not just good for the soul, it is essential if you ever expect others to confess their sins. Unwittingly, perhaps, you have entered a spiritual battle. I noticed Jen immediately confessed her guilt in past posts, although she is sure that others "started it" ... that is a hallmark, we are all reacting... remember that, it isn't ever #4, no one comes here to engage in character assassination, but we all react to it, that's how it works.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
tell you the truth, I'm more about finding application for scripture in all things while finding God inside your heart. :)

thanks for the Link, I will listen to it.

If this helps... confession is not just good for the soul, it is essential if you ever expect others to confess their sins. Unwittingly, perhaps, you have entered a spiritual battle. I noticed Jen immediately confessed her guilt in past posts, although she is sure that others "started it" ... that is a hallmark, we are all reacting... remember that, it isn't ever #4, no one comes here to engage in character assassination, but we all react to it, that's how it works.

If God is responsible for everything, it makes sense to me to look for God in everything.

Days

Commentator
If God is responsible for everything, it makes sense to me to look for God in everything.
me too. Scripture is a tool for doing that.

I remember my first wife saying, "I know God in my heart" ... and I would reply, "I want you to learn the God in scripture and get to know him"

There is a discipleship, a discipline to every art, that all artists must adhere to, otherwise they are not practicing the art. Same goes for God. There is a ton of painters out there, but not many masters of oil painting.

there are other mediums also. and there are other scriptures. I am only practiced in the old and new testaments. It was always my only value on the fray... everyone had opinions, but I was giving my scripture based opinion. I never considered my fleshly human opinion of much value to anyone until it was transformed by decades of following Christ. Or as my grandmother put it, "you are a devil becoming an angel". So in this sea of devilish opinions, I try to offer something angelic. But it still requires inspiration, as all arts tend to require.

You've got a piece of the spirit in you, Craig. However you wrestle with it, I see it in your writing. Theology and a-theology and ideology aside, you have inspiration... and that comes from God.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
me too. Scripture is a tool for doing that.

I remember my first wife saying, "I know God in my heart" ... and I would reply, "I want you to learn the God in scripture and get to know him"

There is a discipleship, a discipline to every art, that all artists must adhere to, otherwise they are not practicing the art. Same goes for God. There is a ton of painters out there, but not many masters of oil painting.

there are other mediums also. and there are other scriptures. I am only practiced in the old and new testaments. It was always my only value on the fray... everyone had opinions, but I was giving my scripture based opinion. I never considered my fleshly human opinion of much value to anyone until it was transformed by decades of following Christ. Or as my grandmother put it, "you are a devil becoming an angel". So in this sea of devilish opinions, I try to offer something angelic. But it still requires inspiration, as all arts tend to require.

You've got a piece of the spirit in you, Craig. However you wrestle with it, I see it in your writing. Theology and a-theology and ideology aside, you have inspiration... and that comes from God.
Not much wrestling, I'm pantheistic. I have no qualms regarding the word God. It's all the rest of the tale that causes me problems.

I've posted this before...but it is an overview of the 4 basic considerations of how Americans perceive God. I'm not saying this is definitive of anything...but a outline of varying perceptions...

http://content.time.com/time/interactive/0,31813,1549628,00.html44

Authoritarian, Benevolent, Critical, and Distant...

I'm more of a distant believer...God is cosmic force.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
Not much wrestling, I'm pantheistic. I have no qualms regarding the word God. It's all the rest that of the tale that causes me problems.

I've posted this before...but it is an overview of the 4 basic considerations of how Americans perceive God. I'm not this is definitive of anything...but a outline of varying perceptions...

http://content.time.com/time/interactive/0,31813,1549628,00.html44

Authoritarian, Benevolent, Critical, and Distant...

I'm more of a distant believer...God is cosmic force.
I think the crazy thing about the past 5000 years was man's infatuation with idolatry. When my fellow earthlings read "in the image and likeness" all they see is an upright ape walking on two legs. IOW, man has this idea that God is a Cuomo-sapien. God is light, love, and spirit... none of those are Cuomo-sapiens. Why can't we accept that it is the spirit of life, and leave it at that?

You are probably closer to scripture than the average American Christian filling a pew on Sunday. Did you see this thread in BFD?

the genesis of civilization

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Again...some are, some are not.

I've repeatedly shown you...and the board...why I say so.

Pillows. Knives. Bathtubs.

Do you truly think people disagree these are everyday items in most households? Honestly?
You really need get out of the neighborhood more often.........many in America have NONE of the above...........I'm surprised of all here you don't see that within your city!

So to answer your question, again, I'm here to kill time when I have nothing to do and to post politics..........why does it bothers YOU that we do the same as Politicians? Example..Romney, called Trump a fraud and many other things as we do each other here and now look at them meeting and dining with each other.............HELLo.

I rate for two reasons.............to keep up with where I've posted in thread and to see you whine=True.......strange part, midview rates about as much and I never see you whine to him..wait...he rates you to your approval...........

Actually, it's none of your business why anyone is here........I'm going Blind, so I want to post while I can see what I post..........DIG

Days

Commentator
You really need get out of the neighborhood more often.........many in America have NONE of the above...........I'm surprised of all here you don't see that within you city!

So to answer your question, again, I'm here to kill time when I have nothing to do and to post politics..........why does it bothers YOU that we do the same as Politicians? Example..Romney, called Trump a fraud and many other things as we do each other here and now look at them meeting and dining with each other.............HELLo.

I rate for two reasons.............to keep up with where I've posted in thread and to see you whine=True.......strange part, midview rates about as much and I never see you whine to him..wait...he rates you to your approval...........

Actually, it's none of your business what anyone is here........I'm going Blind, so I want to post while I can see what I post..........DIG
One thing we learned in the fray; approval (and disapproval) ratings are destructive. I learned that they are not needed and they create havoc.

but they are fun to play with... just like stick matches

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
One thing we learned in the fray; approval (and disapproval) ratings are destructive. I learned that they are not needed and they create havoc.

each to our own right Days.........I use disagree and laugh usually.......as I said to keep up with post I have read............this MD is a devil arriving I'm fighting and hope to kill..........I post as posted too.......I don't hold hate for anyone....but.......I will stand my ground.

Jen

Senator

They never bother me one way or another.
I sometimes give them when I want to show support without replying or when I simply want to show disagreement with something someone says without talking about it.

If people get all destroyed by ratings, it's on them, their choice. I don't and never have.

The owners of the board have already caved in to those whose feelings rest on the ratings by taking away all of the negative ratings. Now we have two neutral ratings and the rest are positive. This is not a little snowflake haven far as I know......................so in my opinion the administration of PJ has already kowtowed to snowflakes here quite enough.

Days

Commentator
They never bother me one way or another.
I sometimes give them when I want to show support without replying or when I simply want to show disagreement with something someone says without talking about it.

If people get all destroyed by ratings, it's on them, their choice. I don't and never have.

The owners of the board have already caved in to those whose feelings rest on the ratings by taking away all of the negative ratings. Now we have two neutral ratings and the rest are positive. This is not a little snowflake haven far as I know......................so in my opinion the administration of PJ has already kowtowed to snowflakes here quite enough.
all subjective feelings aside, the use of ratings invariably result in destructive behavior.

Days

Commentator
each to our own right Days.........I use disagree and laugh usually.......as I said to keep up with post I have read............this MD is a devil arriving I'm fighting and hope to kill..........I post as posted too.......I don't hold hate for anyone....but.......I will stand my ground.
not trying to judge anyone for using them, I use them too. But they are destructive, they shouldn't exist. Ratings are okay for comments below an article, but in a community, they always result in fire fights.

Jen

Senator
all subjective feelings aside, the use of ratings invariably result in destructive behavior.
From some people, I guess so. I have never posted to someone based on their rating of me. It didn't occur to me. But apparently some do. So they should be gotten rid of based on that? Really? If so, then at least we should be given some better emojis like other boards have so we don't have to import them in.

Days

Commentator
From some people, I guess so. I have never posted to someone based on their rating of me. It didn't occur to me. But apparently some do. So they should be gotten rid of based on that? Really? If so, then at least we should be given some better emojis like other boards have so we don't have to import them in.
ALL subjective feelings aside, the idea of posters rating each other, or even an editor rating opinion pieces... is bad. It isn't the use of emoticons, those are not the problem, I'm talking about the rating of posts... it is a conduit to havoc in a community based forum.

BobbyT

Governor
ALL subjective feelings aside, the idea of posters rating each other, or even an editor rating opinion pieces... is bad. It isn't the use of emoticons, those are not the problem, I'm talking about the rating of posts... it is a conduit to havoc in a community based forum.
When the best someone can come up with is a disagree or dislike, I know I've bettered them in the argument. Some say they use those ratings because "there's nothing to say," but more accurately it's because they "can't formulate a response." I agree, they can't, so why force them to explain why they disagree or what they dislike? They can't. Sometimes, with certain posters, once I've bested them in one argument they go through all my recent posts and downgrade every one. Then I know I'm in their head. That's okay.

Days

Commentator
When the best someone can come up with is a disagree or dislike, I know I've bettered them in the argument. Some say they use those ratings because "there's nothing to say," but more accurately it's because they "can't formulate a response." I agree, they can't, so why force them to explain why they disagree or what they dislike? They can't. Sometimes, with certain posters, once I've bested them in one argument they go through all my recent posts and downgrade every one. Then I know I'm in their head. That's okay.
All those subjective feelings aside, it is still a bad idea to rate posts in a community oriented forum. Rating posts results in havoc, it unleashes a destructive force in the community.

BobbyT

Governor
All those subjective feelings aside, it is still a bad idea to rate posts in a community oriented forum. Rating posts results in havoc, it unleashes a destructive force in the community.
I don't necessarily disagree. I don't use negative ratings as a rule, since my words are so much more effective than a silly rating. I agree, like, and winner posts without comment but then again I don't imagine anyone gets frustrated with those ratings. It can be frustrating at times to be disagreed with without an explanation of what the disagreement is for, exactly. But again, I figure those posters haven't the facility to put their disagreement into words. It would be rude to force them to.

To me, personally, it's more destructive - and more likely to make me log off - when I read top posts telling me that I
am a loser,
am a taker,
am unhinged,
am unredeemable,
love pedophiles,
am a cop killer,
as top posts have told me in the past couple of weeks. I looked and didn't find, at least in the last 20 pages or so, any top posts making similar accusations of people on the right. Since I am
not a loser,
not a taker,
not unhinged,
not unredeemable,
don't love pedophiles,
am not a cop killer,
I'm not sure what discussion they intend to open. They don't open any fruitful or interesting discussion, that's for sure. I also read, frequently, that because I'm a "leftist," or liberal or a Democrat that I'm evil. I'm not evil, but should I defend myself from that or should I just let it stand unrebutted?

These are the types of posts, and reason, I don't spend as much time here as I otherwise would. You and I are having a civil, but in disagreement, discussion on another thread. I would like to be able to do that in all the threads I visit. It's so easy to discuss differing views on a subject without being horrible to one another. Why would I visit a thread that starts off, as its top post, speaking about what a horrible human being I am because of the political party I belong to or the ideology I believe in?

Days

Commentator
I don't necessarily disagree. I don't use negative ratings as a rule, since my words are so much more effective than a silly rating. I agree, like, and winner posts without comment but then again I don't imagine anyone gets frustrated with those ratings. It can be frustrating at times to be disagreed with without an explanation of what the disagreement is for, exactly. But again, I figure those posters haven't the facility to put their disagreement into words. It would be rude to force them to.

To me, personally, it's more destructive - and more likely to make me log off - when I read top posts telling me that I
am a loser,
am a taker,
am unhinged,
am unredeemable,
love pedophiles,
am a cop killer,
as top posts have told me in the past couple of weeks. I looked and didn't find, at least in the last 20 pages or so, any top posts making similar accusations of people on the right. Since I am
not a loser,
not a taker,
not unhinged,
not unredeemable,
don't love pedophiles,
am not a cop killer,
I'm not sure what discussion they intend to open. They don't open any fruitful or interesting discussion, that's for sure. I also read, frequently, that because I'm a "leftist," or liberal or a Democrat that I'm evil. I'm not evil, but should I defend myself from that or should I just let it stand unrebutted?

These are the types of posts, and reason, I don't spend as much time here as I otherwise would. You and I are having a civil, but in disagreement, discussion on another thread. I would like to be able to do that in all the threads I visit. It's so easy to discuss differing views on a subject without being horrible to one another. Why would I visit a thread that starts off, as its top post, speaking about what a horrible human being I am because of the political party I belong to or the ideology I believe in?
for starters, we figured out that rating posts was wrong back when only the editors could do so and only positive ratings were possible. That gold star on the teacher's pet forehead is not a good thing in the classroom. There was a couple of books worth of posts on this subject ... it was thoroughly discussed ad nauseum to the last possible scruple of a scruple under a scruple inside of a hidden scruple. It is worth noting that eventually all parties in the discussion - and there were more of those than what posts here in a month - in the end, agreed, that rating posts is a bad idea for a community oriented forum (which the fray was, and so is political jack). This discussion probably lasted 6 months. Then the fray architecture changed and they allowed ratings by posters - positive and negative - and we lobbied to get rid of the negative anyway, because those are really destructive, and management agreed and did away with the negative ratings. All of this was before emoticons.

As for your subjective feelings, you are not alone, you are the norm. We all feel the same way. Even the worst offenders feel the same way. fire fights are just that, they can happen to anyone, just as fire can flare up in anyone's home. I was in the middle of - like ground zero, dead middle of - the worst war that ever happened on the fray. I learned the hard way. After I got torched, burned, fried, skinned alive, toasted, and hung out to dry. I was the one who came up with that motto, " attack the post, not the poster" "kill the argument, not the messenger".

Anyway, from a purely management view, rating posts is a very bad idea in a community oriented forum. If you gave me an emoticon that said "stupid" I would abuse it to high heaven. You are a fool if you think otherwise, don't enable me, I will firebomb the whole forum, anyone would. That's not to say we should do away with emoticons, just the ones that rate posts. I think we should have 500 emoticons, at least, the more tools, the better we can post, but we should do away with rating posts.