• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why do Democrats not support a national voter ID?

UPNYA2

Mayor
View attachment 52361

Same Edited who would want us to carry a Covid19 chip are against a photo voter ID.

Let that sink in.
Well, see, that ID is for Mexican citizens living in Mexico.

It helps dems get the votes of Mexican citizens living in the US in no way. Actually impedes them, so it only stands to reason they would oppose them here.

I mean lets be honest here, we have to show an official ID to donate blood, why in the livin' hell would ensuring one is who he says he is need to be verified before getting to vote be as important as THAT?

Damnnnnnnnnn…...

4/15

Mayor
I do not believe an ID would change much of anything except to make it harder, time wise, to vote. Now me i do not have an ID and have never been asked for one.

BobbyT

Governor
View attachment 52361

Same Edited who would want us to carry a Covid19 chip are against a photo voter ID.

Let that sink in.
I have no issue with a Federally issued voter ID as long as the feds make sure that every registered voter gets one delivered to them and whatever their state requires to prove eligibility to vote for new voters is what the feds use in that state, and that the distribution is extremely timely. Otherwise it's a burden on people who have no transportation, are rural and far away from a distribution center, can't take time off work on a weekday to get to a distribution point, don't have some obscure form of ID that the feds decide to require, or otherwise is difficult to obtain.

What is a dead certain guarantee though, if a voter ID were to be issued, is that the right would start complaining immediately that they were being copied, or distributed incorrectly, or some other excuse not to trust them in the hands of Democrats. This voter ID is just another red herring, as there's been no evidence of wide-spread voter fraud by any means currently used, just accusations of fraud that the right blindly accepts.

I have no issue with a Federally issued voter ID as long as the feds make sure that every registered voter gets one delivered to them and whatever their state requires to prove eligibility to vote for new voters is what the feds use in that state, and that the distribution is extremely timely. Otherwise it's a burden on people who have no transportation, are rural and far away from a distribution center, can't take time off work on a weekday to get to a distribution point, don't have some obscure form of ID that the feds decide to require, or otherwise is difficult to obtain.

What is a dead certain guarantee though, if a voter ID were to be issued, is that the right would start complaining immediately that they were being copied, or distributed incorrectly, or some other excuse not to trust them in the hands of Democrats. This voter ID is just another red herring, as there's been no evidence of wide-spread voter fraud by any means currently used, just accusations of fraud that the right blindly accepts.
Not every "registered voter", every eligible voter. Democrats have been fraudulently registering illegals, criminals, and dead people for decades. Voter ID would ensure only people who are eligible to vote can vote. It would mean massive losses for Democrats, which is why you all oppose it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Not every "registered voter", every eligible voter. Democrats have been fraudulently registering illegals, criminals, and dead people for decades. Voter ID would ensure only people who are eligible to vote can vote. It would mean massive losses for Democrats, which is why you all oppose it.
1. If it were true you'd have a case...you don't. Trump said three million to five million illegal votes in2016. If so isn't he doing a shitty job of upholding the constitution by not investigating that to the fullest, arresting all involved and finding out how that could have happened? Instead he kicked off the bogus Pence commission that fell apart as soon as it started.

2. Dead people are registered because a lot of states don't have a system linking deaths to voter rolls. So they stay on the rolls for years. My wife died in 2008. She was a registered republican, and was still a registered voter a year later. Nobody used her name to vote because our neighbors are the judges at the polling place.

3. Not all states disallow ex-felons the right to vote.

1. If it were true you'd have a case...you don't. Trump said three million to five million illegal votes in2016. If so isn't he doing a shitty job of upholding the constitution by not investigating that to the fullest, arresting all involved and finding out how that could have happened? Instead he kicked off the bogus Pence commission that fell apart as soon as it started.
If there were 3-5 million illegal votes in 2016, it was indeed a disaster. Of course, Obama was president during that election, so it's certainly possible. Trump, unlike every Democrat in America and their complicit media whores, isn't interested in re-litigating the 2016 election, since it would be a complete waste of time. Hence, actions going forward, like voter ID, will correct the problem of illegal votes that have long been a staple of the Democrats' overall election fraud strategy.

2. Dead people are registered because a lot of states don't have a system linking deaths to voter rolls. So they stay on the rolls for years. My wife died in 2008. She was a registered republican, and was still a registered voter a year later. Nobody used her name to vote because our neighbors are the judges at the polling place.
Then they need to get a system. Quick.

3. Not all states disallow ex-felons the right to vote.
Ok, but those that do need to disallow them. If they're not issued a voter ID because of their criminal history, they wouldn't be able to vote.

BobbyT

Governor
So you're saying every registered voter is going to have to reregister? Now Republicans won't support your voter ID because you just raised the cost significantly. You're already coming up with ways to discount the validity of the not yet issued voter ID, how unsurprising. And if you have evidence of widespread registering of ineligible voters, I'd like to see it.

So you're saying every registered voter is going to have to reregister? Now Republicans won't support your voter ID because you just raised the cost significantly. You're already coming up with ways to discount the validity of the not yet issued voter ID, how unsurprising. And if you have evidence of widespread registering of ineligible voters, I'd like to see it.
Yes, the registration system is flawed. It doesn't filter out certain ineligibilities. For example, in California, a driver's license or state ID card is required to register, but criminal states like California give those to illegals, so the registration process is defective.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If there were 3-5 million illegal votes in 2016, it was indeed a disaster. Of course, Obama was president during that election, so it's certainly possible. Trump, unlike every Democrat in America and their complicit media whores, isn't interested in re-litigating the 2016 election, since it would be a complete waste of time. Hence, actions going forward, like voter ID, will correct the problem of illegal votes that have long been a staple of the Democrats' overall election fraud strategy.

Then they need to get a system. Quick.

Ok, but those that do need to disallow them. If they're not issued a voter ID because of their criminal history, they wouldn't be able to vote.
Trump also isn't interested in doing his job. As president he swore to uphold the constitution. That would also mean enforcing the law. He has failed completely to show evidence that his accusations are factual. You are here to offer him cover.

It isn't about re-litigating. More than once now Trump has accused others of breaking the law...and he's done nothing at all to prove it.

Trump also isn't interested in doing his job. As president he swore to uphold the constitution. That would also mean enforcing the law. He has failed completely to show evidence that his accusations are factual. You are here to offer him cover.

It isn't about re-litigating. More than once now Trump has accused others of breaking the law...and he's done nothing at all to prove it.
I agree. He needs to pursue the issue going forward. Election fraud has been a tactic of the left for decades. Strong voter ID laws will limit it severely.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I agree. He needs to pursue the issue going forward. Election fraud has been a tactic of the left for decades. Strong voter ID laws will limit it severely.
1. If there has been a crime then an investigation is a matter of national security.
2. If there has not been a crime then what?

I have posted before about how to do voter id. Put a camera and fingerprint reader at every polling place. If you don't have a picture ID, no problem...we are going to give you one. Take the picture and a finger print. Send those into the central election HQ for archival. If someone attempts to use the name at another polling place..."BUSTED".
If the person at the other polling place is the real voter then we have the picture and finger print of the fraud..."BUSTED".

Voter intimidation and violation of voting laws has long been a tactic of the republican party. Look up caging. Look into the actions of Katherine Harris in 2000. How in hell can you point a finger at "the left" and excuse the obvious conflict of interest in having the Secretary of State, the top election law enforcement official of a state, also serve as the chair of the election campaign for a candidate for president who also happens to be the brother of the governor of that state? She dropped thousands of people off of the rolls. She held up the recount until she'd run out the clock.

That is the way to steal an election...not, as Trump said, going out to the parking lot, changing shirts and voting again....a million times.

BobbyT

Governor
Yes, the registration system is flawed. It doesn't filter out certain ineligibilities. For example, in California, a driver's license or state ID card is required to register, but criminal states like California give those to illegals, so the registration process is defective.
The driver's licenses in CA distinguish when someone isn't a citizen. You can't use them to register to vote if they show the symbol that says you're not a citizen. But you already know this because I've seen you told this several times on PJ. Why persist in lying?

The driver's licenses in CA distinguish when someone isn't a citizen. You can't use them to register to vote if they show the symbol that says you're not a citizen. But you already know this because I've seen you told this several times on PJ. Why persist in lying?
No, they don't.

EatTheRich

President
So-called “illegals” are legally allowed to vote in school board elections in California. So they should be registered along with all other eligible voters.

EatTheRich

President
He will never pursue it because an investigation will only highlight that the claims of “voter fraud” are baseless. However, he will very much try to use those baseless claims to suppress legal voters, since he can’t win otherwise.

EatTheRich

President
Not sure about Democrats, I assume it’s mostly because their constituency would be harmed, but why I don’t support a national voter ID:

1. It’s an unconstitutional poll tax, like other poll taxes used to suppress the vote of the poor and oppressed races.
2. There is no rational justification for one, certainly the in-person voter impersonation that occurs in an estimated 1 in 1 billion ballots cast does not justify disqualifying as much as 2% of eligible, duly registered voters
3. It is one more step in the push toward a national “show me your papers” ID card.