• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why do we "need" more than 6/10 rounds?

freyasman

Senator
Because people are hard to stop, that's why.
I posted this vid on another thread and it occurs to me that it illustrates a point we are often trying to make when people whine about how "Gun owners have no "need" for more than 10 rounds...." :rolleyes:. Watch this video, and see how many times this guy was shot before he was stopped; pay attention to the fact that even after being hit, he continued to stab and slash at the officers. Now imagine that is happening to you, only you don't have 3-4 other armed people trying to get this guy off of you.... you're alone. Maybe you're armed; that would make all the difference, right? Maybe, maybe not.... if all you had was a snub-nose 5-shot 38sp, and you had already fired all 5 shots, (and if you're really lucky, you might have hit him with 3 of them) well how fast can you reload while a guy is standing over you repeatedly stabbing you with a large butcher knife? There is a very good, and very valid reason for magazines that hold as many rounds as possible..... because nothing says "Stop stomping/kicking/stabbing/raping/shooting me!!!" like a bunch of jacketed hollow-points delivered center-mass.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I posted this vid on another thread and it occurs to me that it illustrates a point we are often trying to make when people whine about how "Gun owners have no "need" for more than 10 rounds...." :rolleyes:. Watch this video, and see how many times this guy was shot before he was stopped; pay attention to the fact that even after being hit, he continued to stab and slash at the officers. Now imagine that is happening to you, only you don't have 3-4 other armed people trying to get this guy off of you.... you're alone. Maybe you're armed; that would make all the difference, right? Maybe, maybe not.... if all you had was a snub-nose 5-shot 38sp, and you had already fired all 5 shots, (and if you're really lucky, you might have hit him with 3 of them) well how fast can you reload while a guy is standing over you repeatedly stabbing you with a large butcher knife? There is a very good, and very valid reason for magazines that hold as many rounds as possible..... because nothing says "Stop stomping/kicking/stabbing/raping/shooting me!!!" like a bunch of jacketed hollow-points delivered center-mass.
When good citizens allow underachieving statist kooks to drive discussion of enumerated rights as linked to "need" in any way, we do all decent, intelligent, good citizens a disservice. Why you or I "need" something that is a right is irrelevant. That right precedes the state and is superior to the law.

However, it is interesting to consider why these centralized, collectivist, statist authoritarians "need" to constantly try to restrict and diminish good citizens' rights. We should all ask ourselves this. Why is the state trending toward more authority and more reach into our lives year-over-year? Why is a certain segment of our society so eager to cede rights and autonomy in favor of security and pooled means? Are the brightest and most able among us pushing for collectivizing and diminished individual sovereignty...or is it those who are weaker...of lesser capacity and of weaker fiber?
Are we rounding up or rounding down? Why do some always err on the side of the lowest common denominator? Why do the slothful and the poor of character project their avarice and compromised capacity upon others?

It is truly pathetic.

Boltlady

Mayor
When good citizens allow underachieving statist kooks to drive discussion of enumerated rights as linked to "need" in any way, we do all decent, intelligent, good citizens a disservice. Why you or I "need" something that is a right is irrelevant. That right precedes the state and is superior to the law.

However, it is interesting to consider why these centralized, collectivist, statist authoritarians "need" to constantly try to restrict and diminish good citizens' rights. We should all ask ourselves this. Why is the state trending toward more authority and more reach into our lives year-over-year? Why is a certain segment of our society so eager to cede rights and autonomy in favor of security and pooled means? Are the brightest and most able among us pushing for collectivizing and diminished individual sovereignty...or is it those who are weaker...of lesser capacity and of weaker fiber?
Are we rounding up or rounding down? Why do some always err on the side of the lowest common denominator? Why do the slothful and the poor of character project their avarice and compromised capacity upon others?

It is truly pathetic.
The true irony is that people seem so willing to give up their freedoms in exchange for being 'safe' and in so doing we're in more danger that we were before.

There are always dangers. We can get run over crossing a street. This idea that we can eliminate them all is a farce.

Freedom would be so much better.

freyasman

Senator

It is truly pathetic.
That is an excellent post....

freyasman

Senator
Here is another example;
This guy was hit in the chest with at least one hollow-point round; didn't slow him down any, or debilitate him in any way, did it? They found him a mile or so down the road, bled out.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
The true irony is that people seem so willing to give up their freedoms in exchange for being 'safe' and in so doing we're in more danger that we were before.

There are always dangers. We can get run over crossing a street. This idea that we can eliminate them all is a farce.

Freedom would be so much better.
Those who give up their freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security.

justoffal

Senator
10 guage shot gun..... One blast...... end of story.

I used to have a 4 guage but you literally almost need to mount it on a tripod to withstand the kick...... at 290 pounds I am still knocked back by the 10...but man you should see what that shell does when it hits!

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
10 guage shot gun..... One blast...... end of story.

I used to have a 4 guage but you literally almost need to mount it on a tripod to withstand the kick...... at 290 pounds I am still knocked back by the 10...but man you should see what that shell does when it hits!

Impractical to carry around though, which is why we carry pistols, even though they suck at stopping people. Lots of rounds, lots of practice, and lots of awareness and avoidance....

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Zoar

Governor
Nothing as ignorant as a Righty.

On the other topic of 4 gauges. I have a 4 gauge blunderbuss. It is like the 4th of July everytime i pull the trigger! Great fun to shoot in the evening/night... 10 foot long flame and one heck of a boooom! Often people ask me to shoot it off at parties, just to entertain the peeps. Big Fun!

I have shot it with a quarter pound round ball OR a little over a quarter pound of shot. That is a lot of pellets!!! When i shoot it off at gatherings or at night to entertain it is just loaded with cork wads over about 160-180 grains of Black Powder. More powder equals more flame equals more laughs!

Bo-4

Senator
You are talking about ridiculous one in a million anomalies of course. Yes, once in a million times it takes more than 6 bullets to stop a bad guy. With the other 999,999? -- six is just fine & dandy.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Nothing as ignorant as a Righty.

On the other topic of 4 gauges. I have a 4 gauge blunderbuss. It is like the 4th of July everytime i pull the trigger! Great fun to shoot in the evening/night... 10 foot long flame and one heck of a boooom! Often people ask me to shoot it off at parties, just to entertain the peeps. Big Fun!

I have shot it with a quarter pound round ball OR a little over a quarter pound of shot. That is a lot of pellets!!! When i shoot it off at gatherings or at night to entertain it is just loaded with cork wads over about 160-180 grains of Black Powder. More powder equals more flame equals more laughs!
I've never shot a 4 gauage, use to duck hunt with a 10g.............

You are talking about ridiculous one in a million anomalies of course. Yes, once in a million times it takes more than 6 bullets to stop a bad guy. With the other 999,999? -- six is just fine & dandy.
You keep telling yourself that pistol monkey boy. ;0)

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
6 or maybe 10 wouldn't take down someone wacked out on PCP..........what difference does it make how many rounds any decides they wish to have...........wth is independence............seems it has left America.

My monkey pistol is loaded with 6 357 Fiocchi Extrema XTP Centerfire carts . I s'pect i'll be just fine. ;o)
That isn't a stage gun, Bo. Go out back and shoot some off to celebrate the 4th and see if you can hit the broadside of a barn you Idaho hick. :0)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
My monkey pistol is loaded with 6 357 Fiocchi Extrema XTP Centerfire carts . I s'pect i'll be just fine. ;o)
if three (3) 200lb home invaders kick your door in, hope ya been to the range often.........been many reports of that in news lately...........