• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why does our alerts list

only go back for a day or two now? It used to go back much further - making it easier to refind threads one was participating in.

In fact - all together things seem to have subtly or, in some instances, not so subtly, changed around here lately - what is up?

I always go to my content
Yes, there are other ways but I just wondered why it has been wiped --- sometimes one hasn't time or forgets who answered you ---- it isn't a biggy I just wondered and has the level of moderating changed lately too?

I dunno, just a feeling really ---- more posts seem to disappear, all of a sudden - maybe I just hadn't been paying attention before?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Yes, there are other ways but I just wondered why it has been wiped --- sometimes one hasn't time or forgets who answered you ---- it isn't a biggy I just wondered and has the level of moderating changed lately too?

I dunno, just a feeling really ---- more posts seem to disappear, all of a sudden - maybe I just hadn't been paying attention before?
I can't give you an answer other than what I do when looking for older posts I didn't realize there may be an issue

I can't give you an answer other than what I do when looking for older posts I didn't realize there may be an issue
Thank you darling - I use various methods, depending how far back the thread was posted. The French one for eg I go to 'search forum' and type in 'yellow vests' and my name.

It isn't really an issue other than I hadn't been around and or, rather, was rushing when I was - and missed some alerts, I thought - I had no time to look at them when they came up . When, a few days later, I went to look there were no alerts in my box - the history, which used to go back to forever, was gone completely.

Don't matter --- not the end of the world --- I just wondered why.

I just wish admin would keep us in the loop about these things ---- Do ya know what I mean? It might just be an oversight in a cleaning operation, or something, but still ---- it would be nice to be told

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
Thank you darling - I use various methods, depending how far back the thread was posted. The French one for eg I go to 'search forum' and type in 'yellow vests' and my name.

It isn't really an issue other than I hadn't been around and or, rather, was rushing when I was - and missed some alerts, I thought - I had no time to look at them when they came up . When, a few days later, I went to look there were no alerts in my box - the history, which used to go back to forever, was gone completely.

Don't matter --- not the end of the world --- I just wondered why.

I just wish admin would keep us in the loop about these things ---- Do ya know what I mean? It might just be an oversight in a cleaning operation, or something, but still ---- it would be nice to be told
Change is fine, I guess. But I agree with you that it would be nice to be kept in the loop about whatever changes are taking place.

That doesn't happen here.

Nothing has changed, at least to my knowledge. Now what?
I said what in the TP.

I was going away for a few days - saw there were alerts but had no time to look - when I came back they were gone. There was no alerts list - a list which used to go on for pages - Perhaps the site was given a spring clean - I dunno but the list went - now if goes back to Thursday last only.

It isn't a biggy - I just wondered what happened.