1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Why does our alerts list

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Queen Titania, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Queen Titania

Queen Titania Senator

only go back for a day or two now? It used to go back much further - making it easier to refind threads one was participating in.

In fact - all together things seem to have subtly or, in some instances, not so subtly, changed around here lately - what is up?

2. Constitutional Sheepdog

Constitutional Sheepdog ][][][%er!!!!!!!

I always go to my content

3. Queen Titania

Queen Titania Senator

Yes, there are other ways but I just wondered why it has been wiped --- sometimes one hasn't time or forgets who answered you ---- it isn't a biggy I just wondered and has the level of moderating changed lately too?

I dunno, just a feeling really ---- more posts seem to disappear, all of a sudden - maybe I just hadn't been paying attention before?

4. Constitutional Sheepdog

Constitutional Sheepdog ][][][%er!!!!!!!

I can't give you an answer other than what I do when looking for older posts I didn't realize there may be an issue

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Queen Titania

Queen Titania Senator

Thank you darling - I use various methods, depending how far back the thread was posted. The French one for eg I go to 'search forum' and type in 'yellow vests' and my name.

It isn't really an issue other than I hadn't been around and or, rather, was rushing when I was - and missed some alerts, I thought - I had no time to look at them when they came up . When, a few days later, I went to look there were no alerts in my box - the history, which used to go back to forever, was gone completely.

Don't matter --- not the end of the world --- I just wondered why.

I just wish admin would keep us in the loop about these things ---- Do ya know what I mean? It might just be an oversight in a cleaning operation, or something, but still ---- it would be nice to be told

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jen

Jen #walkaway

Change is fine, I guess. But I agree with you that it would be nice to be kept in the loop about whatever changes are taking place.

That doesn't happen here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PhilFish

PhilFish Moderator Staff Member

Nothing has changed, at least to my knowledge. Now what?

8. Queen Titania

Queen Titania Senator

I said what in the TP.

I was going away for a few days - saw there were alerts but had no time to look - when I came back they were gone. There was no alerts list - a list which used to go on for pages - Perhaps the site was given a spring clean - I dunno but the list went - now if goes back to Thursday last only.

It isn't a biggy - I just wondered what happened.