• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why I am now anti-abortion

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Not necessarily. Have you ever known anyone in the last stages of Alzheimers?
Nope, but my father has dementia, I've known people who had strokes and other mental disabilities. Did they become less of a human being for that incapacity? No.

Once a human being, always a human being.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Nope, but my father has dementia, I've known people who had strokes and other mental disabilities. Did they become less of a human being for that incapacity? No.
I had a very good friend who died of Alzheimers. They lose recognition, speech and a lot more before they forget how to eat and breathe. It is a horrible way to watch a loved one die. But absolutely they're human. And it's definitely not like senility, except in the early stages.

So is a 20-week fetus a human. This is a 21-week baby born alive.

21 week fetus.jpg

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/07/abortion-bill-hearing-today-2674296.html

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I had a very good friend who died of Alzheimers. They lose recognition, speech and a lot more before they forget how to eat and breathe. It is a horrible way to watch a loved one die. But absolutely they're human. And it's definitely not like senility, except in the early stages.

So is a 20-week fetus a human. This is a 21-week baby born alive.

View attachment 28364

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/07/abortion-bill-hearing-today-2674296.html
Looking human isn't human. Chimps have the behavioral capacity of human 5 year olds. Are you ready to grant them human status?

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Looking human isn't human. Chimps have the behavioral capacity of human 5 year olds. Are you ready to grant them human status?
Max, behavioral activity doesn't make one human. If it did, we wouldn't become human until we were a few years old at least.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Max, behavioral activity doesn't make one human. If it did, we wouldn't become human until we were a few years old at least.
You worry about a zygote yet you don't give a shit about butchering chimps, dolphins and other fellow creatures with the intelligence of human children?

How do you explain the hypocrisy here? If you want to quote the Bible, I invite you to begin with Genesis.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
You worry about a zygote yet you don't give a shit about butchering chimps, dolphins and other fellow creatures with the intelligence of human children?

How do you explain the hypocrisy here? If you want to quote the Bible, I invite you to begin with Genesis.
Huh?????

Charcat

One of the Patsy's

I am at a loss as to why you are accusing me of not giving a shit about butchering chimps, dolphins and other fellow creatures--whether or not they possess high intelligence. Where did that come from? We were discussing human life.

I am, and always have been, an advocate for animal rights. Start another thread if you want to discuss that. In the meantime, women are not aborting chimps, dolphins or other fellow creatures.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I am at a loss as to why you are accusing me of not giving a shit about butchering chimps, dolphins and other fellow creatures--whether or not they possess high intelligence. Where did that come from? We were discussing human life.

I am, and always have been, an advocate for animal rights. Start another thread if you want to discuss that. In the meantime, women are not aborting chimps, dolphins or other fellow creatures.

i agree,,it must have been a temporary neural aberration...:)

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member

Sorry. I must have misunderstood this statement: "behavioral activity doesn't make one human".

I'd still like to see your definition of "human being" and what, if anything, differentiates human beings from other critters.

Here's more philosophical questions:

Would a human clone have a soul?

Do other intelligent creatures, if there are any here or elsewhere in the Universe, have souls?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It's against PJ rules to make personal statements about a poster, julie, in case you're not aware of it.
It's against PJ rules for you to delete my post.....since you're no longer a moderator....and a moderator would've informed me of a deletion.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
They have discovered that most babies don't have conscious thought until at least five months of age--and even that is not actual thinking, being more recognition and unconscious memory. So why isn't it legal to kill babies before they're five months of age?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2311630/When-babies-really-conscious-Researchers-say-early-months.html
That's incorrect. What the link stated was that researchers believe they've detected consciousness in babies as young as five months old.