• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why I'm grateful for the discussion on "silencers."

Arkady

President
You do. Being dishonest as all leftist gun grabbers are.
I find that the more I kick the asses of the right-wingers here, the more they resort to arguing against the beliefs they think I secretly hold, rather than the positions I’ve actually argued in favor of. I suppose that’s logical in its own way. They know they’re out of their depths arguing with the real me, but they have some shot arguing against the imaginary me that haunts their diseased psyches.

Arkady

President
I keep telling you! We've GOT to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of private individuals like Larry the Cable Guy.

God (or statistics) help us if he gets a nuke! And what about aircraft carriers? Who will keep aircraft carriers out of the hands of Chuck Norris?

And let's not pretend nukes are the ultimate weapons. We've got to pass legislation to keep weapons like the Star Ship Enterprise and the Death Star out of private hands. When the founders wrote the 2nd Amendment there was no way they could foresee weapons like photon torpedoes and the Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator. We've got do DO something!

Try to focus, little one.

C

Capitalist

Try to focus, little one.
Focus? Look, comrade, I'm not the one worried about privately owned nukes. I know personal nukes keep you up at night but you really need to stop hyperventilating over it and. . .

and. . .

focus.

Arkady

President
Focus? Look, comrade, I'm not the one worried about privately owned nukes.
I don't worry about it, for the obvious reason that we have laws in place that prevent people from acquiring them. Even though nuclear arms are, by definition, "arms," we don't treat them that way for purposes of the second amendment. Thus, we have a nuclear regulatory commission which very tightly controls who can operate nuclear facilities and what can be done with their products. Even if I were an eccentric millionaire that made a deal with the Russians or Chinese to buy one of their warheads, my government wouldn't permit that.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I find that the more I kick the asses of the right-wingers here, the more they resort to arguing against the beliefs they think I secretly hold, rather than the positions I’ve actually argued in favor of. I suppose that’s logical in its own way. They know they’re out of their depths arguing with the real me, but they have some shot arguing against the imaginary me that haunts their diseased psyches.
You can yank your own chain all you want, but don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. You don't 'secretly' hold any beliefs on guns. You want them banned. You, like all liberals, are a liar and are not to be trusted when it comes to defending my right to self defense.

Arkady

President
You can yank your own chain all you want, but don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. You don't 'secretly' hold any beliefs on guns. You want them banned. You, like all liberals, are a liar and are not to be trusted when it comes to defending my right to self defense.
You haven't cited any reason to think I want guns banned. I own two of them myself, and I've spoken out repeatedly here against gun confiscation. I would be open to arguments in favor of banning private ownership of certain kinds of arms, but haven't taken firm stands on any of that, because I haven't seen good arguments on that front. The gun control I've taken firm stances on aren't based on banning any kinds of guns, but rather based on universal background checks, registration, waiting periods, training requirements, testing, laws requiring guns to be locked up when not in use, etc.

C

Capitalist

You haven't cited any reason to think I want guns banned. I own two of them myself, and I've spoken out repeatedly here against gun confiscation. I would be open to arguments in favor of banning private ownership of certain kinds of arms, but haven't taken firm stands on any of that, because I haven't seen good arguments on that front. The gun control I've taken firm stances on aren't based on banning any kinds of guns, but rather based on universal background checks, registration, waiting periods, training requirements, testing, laws requiring guns to be locked up when not in use, etc.
Post #193. You know where to look.

Thanks. And have a nice day.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I don't trust you and I don't believe you. Lefty can never be taken at his word.

Arkady

President
I don't trust you and I don't believe you. Lefty can never be taken at his word.
As I said, the more I kick the asses of the conservatives here, the more I find them cowering from my actual arguments and engaging, instead, with straw men of their own devising.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
the only ass you kick is in your dreams, boy

You sound like Charles Manson...........posting from nut house