• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why isn't Lt. Col. Vindman being charged with treason...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Note the following additional excerpt from Vindman’s prepared statement: “….I was worried about the implications for the US government’s support of Ukraine…. I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained.”

Vindman’s concern is all about Ukraine without any explanation of why the United States would benefit from bilking the taxpayer to support a foreign deadbeat one more time. One wonders if Vindman was able to compose his statement without a snicker or two intruding. He does eventually go on to cover the always essential national security angle, claiming that “Since 2008, Russia has manifested an overtly aggressive foreign policy, leveraging military power and employing hybrid warfare to achieve its objectives of regional hegemony and global influence. Absent a deterrent to dissuade Russia from such aggression, there is an increased risk of further confrontations with the West. In this situation, a strong and independent Ukraine is critical to US national security interests because Ukraine is a frontline state and a bulwark against Russian aggression.”

The combined visions of Russia as an aggressive, expansionistic power coupled with the brave Ukrainians serving as a bastion of freedom is so absurd that it is hardly worth countering. Russia’s economy is about the size of Italy’s or Spain’s limiting its imperial ambitions, if they actually exist. Its alleged transgressions against Georgia and Ukraine were both provoked by the United States meddling in Eastern Europe, something that it had pledged not to do after the Soviet Union collapsed. Ukraine is less an important American ally than a welfare case, and no one knows that better than Vindman, but he is really speaking to his masters in the US Establishment when he repeats the conventional arguments.

It hardly seems possible, but Vindman then goes on to dig himself into a still deeper hole through his statement’s praise of the train wreck that is Ukraine. He writes “In spite of being under assault from Russia for more than five years, Ukraine has taken major steps towards integrating with the West. The US government policy community’s view is that the election of President Volodymyr Zelensky and the promise of reforms to eliminate corruption will lock in Ukraine’s Western-leaning trajectory, and allow Ukraine to realize its dream of a vibrant democracy and economic prosperity. The United States and Ukraine are and must remain strategic partners, working together to realize the shared vision of a stable, prosperous, and democratic Ukraine that is integrated into the Euro-Atlantic community.”

Alexander Vindman does not say or write that the incorporation of Ukraine into NATO is his actual objective, but his comments about “integrating with the West” and the “Euro-Atlantic community” clearly imply just that. The expansion of NATO up to Russia’s borders by the rascally Bill Clinton constituted one of the truly most momentous lost foreign policy opportunities of the twentieth century. The addition of Ukraine and Georgia to the alliance would magnify that error as both are vital national security interests for Moscow given their history and geography. Vindman should be regarded as a manifestation of the Deep State thinking that has brought so much grief to the United States over the past twenty years. Seen in that light, his testimony, wrapped in an air of sanctimoniousness and a uniform, should be regarded as little more than the conventional thinking that has produced foreign policy failure after failure.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/deep-state-national-security-council-colonel-vindman-expert-agenda

This guy was clearly undermining POTUS to advance Ukraine's interests - that's treason, or at least was before Trump was elected...

Raoul_Luke

Nah, US patriots are truly thankful to the courageous actions of all the witnesses who have exposed Trump’s crimes. You people have been so brainwashed you consider their patriotism to be treason.
The link I provided illustrates clearly (by his OWN WORDS) that Vindman's efforts in this endeavor were to implement HIS view of foreign policy vis a vis Ukraine - and not that of his commander in chief. He was clearly working for Ukraine in this effort. Your TDS blocks you from seeing (and understanding) the obvious.

llovejim

Current Champion
Note the following additional excerpt from Vindman’s prepared statement: “….I was worried about the implications for the US government’s support of Ukraine…. I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained.”

Vindman’s concern is all about Ukraine without any explanation of why the United States would benefit from bilking the taxpayer to support a foreign deadbeat one more time. One wonders if Vindman was able to compose his statement without a snicker or two intruding. He does eventually go on to cover the always essential national security angle, claiming that “Since 2008, Russia has manifested an overtly aggressive foreign policy, leveraging military power and employing hybrid warfare to achieve its objectives of regional hegemony and global influence. Absent a deterrent to dissuade Russia from such aggression, there is an increased risk of further confrontations with the West. In this situation, a strong and independent Ukraine is critical to US national security interests because Ukraine is a frontline state and a bulwark against Russian aggression.”

The combined visions of Russia as an aggressive, expansionistic power coupled with the brave Ukrainians serving as a bastion of freedom is so absurd that it is hardly worth countering. Russia’s economy is about the size of Italy’s or Spain’s limiting its imperial ambitions, if they actually exist. Its alleged transgressions against Georgia and Ukraine were both provoked by the United States meddling in Eastern Europe, something that it had pledged not to do after the Soviet Union collapsed. Ukraine is less an important American ally than a welfare case, and no one knows that better than Vindman, but he is really speaking to his masters in the US Establishment when he repeats the conventional arguments.

It hardly seems possible, but Vindman then goes on to dig himself into a still deeper hole through his statement’s praise of the train wreck that is Ukraine. He writes “In spite of being under assault from Russia for more than five years, Ukraine has taken major steps towards integrating with the West. The US government policy community’s view is that the election of President Volodymyr Zelensky and the promise of reforms to eliminate corruption will lock in Ukraine’s Western-leaning trajectory, and allow Ukraine to realize its dream of a vibrant democracy and economic prosperity. The United States and Ukraine are and must remain strategic partners, working together to realize the shared vision of a stable, prosperous, and democratic Ukraine that is integrated into the Euro-Atlantic community.”

Alexander Vindman does not say or write that the incorporation of Ukraine into NATO is his actual objective, but his comments about “integrating with the West” and the “Euro-Atlantic community” clearly imply just that. The expansion of NATO up to Russia’s borders by the rascally Bill Clinton constituted one of the truly most momentous lost foreign policy opportunities of the twentieth century. The addition of Ukraine and Georgia to the alliance would magnify that error as both are vital national security interests for Moscow given their history and geography. Vindman should be regarded as a manifestation of the Deep State thinking that has brought so much grief to the United States over the past twenty years. Seen in that light, his testimony, wrapped in an air of sanctimoniousness and a uniform, should be regarded as little more than the conventional thinking that has produced foreign policy failure after failure.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/deep-state-national-security-council-colonel-vindman-expert-agenda

This guy was clearly undermining POTUS to advance Ukraine's interests - that's treason, or at least was before Trump was elected...
so you think it is treason to be for helping Ukraine defend itself from putin and russia...even though that has been US policy by both republican and democratic presidents and republican and democratic majorities of Congress for at least 2 decades?

yeah, i guess it is treason if you are a goddamn Russian or russian loving pig ass American. is that what you are admitting?

what kind of a crazy ass post did you just post? you are for Russia and against Ukraine?

llovejim

Current Champion
A Ukrainian patriot? Yes, obviously...
are you russian? then that would explain your anti-american bullshit post. if you are not russian, you really missed a good chance. what a silly ass opinion- being for Ukraine and against Russian interference in Ukraine is somehow anti-American!! what is wrong with you?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Because he’s a patriot.

Duh.
And a decorated veteran. Cons like guys like Daddy's little orange Pumpkin who got a doctor to lie and say he had bone spurs. I'm wondering, is that why he rides in his golf cart on the green while others walk....or is it because he eats too many cheese "berders" and can't carry all that bulk around? :)
PJ cons hate war heroes.

llovejim

Current Champion
The link I provided illustrates clearly (by his OWN WORDS) that Vindman's efforts in this endeavor were to implement HIS view of foreign policy vis a vis Ukraine - and not that of his commander in chief. He was clearly working for Ukraine in this effort. Your TDS blocks you from seeing (and understanding) the obvious.
no, it is clearly not....good god. what do you think even trump picked diplomats were texting about when the military aid was frozen by ass-hole trump- that it would undermine US efforts to help Ukraine defend itself from Russia!!! THAT WAS OUR ACCEPTED POLICY...ARE YOU JUST HORRIBLY MISINFORMED OR WHAT?

GOP senator says diplomat told him Trump was withholding ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › trump-impeachment-inquiry › gop-s...

Oct 4, 2019 - Ron Johnson said Trump assured him there was no quid pro quo, but the ... Trump has that confidence, then he'll release the military spending,” ... Johnson told reporters last month that he'd asked Trump to release the aid for ...
Ron Johnson says Trump blocked him from assuring Ukraine ...

https://www.usatoday.com › story › news › politics › 2019/10/04 › ron-jo...

Oct 4, 2019 - Ron Johnson was blocked by President Donald Trump from telling ... Senator says he was blocked by Trump from telling Ukraine foreign aid was coming ... He said he asked Trump about it and the president denied it.

Stalled Ukraine military aid concerned members of Congress ...

https://www.cnn.com › 2019/09/30 › politics › ukraine-military-aid-congress

Sep 30, 2019 - Lawmakers on Capitol Hill couldn't figure out over this past summer why nearly $400 million in aid they'd voted to go to Ukraine still wasn't in ...
Ukraine aid delay sparked bipartisan scramble to keep ...

https://www.latimes.com › story › trump-ukraine-aid-congress-impeachment

Oct 14, 2019 - The scramble to save the Ukraine aid underscores how the ... Congress approved the $250 million in military aid and an additional $141 million ...
Here's what you need to know about the US aid package to ...

https://www.defensenews.com › congress › 2019/09/25 › what-you-need-t...

Sep 25, 2019 - Ukraine military aid extension passes US House after White House ... and Congress approved an assistance package of 210 missiles and 37 ...

How U.S. military aid became a lifeline for Ukraine - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com › news › ukraine-united-states-military-aid-013792

Sep 30, 2019 - The U.S. provided about $1.5 billion in military aid to Kiev between 2014 ... majority of the funds, approved with bipartisan support in Congress, ...

Raoul_Luke

so you think it is treason to be for helping Ukraine defend itself from putin and russia...even though that has been US policy by both republican and democratic presidents and republican and democratic majorities of Congress for at least 2 decades?

yeah, i guess it is treason if you are a goddamn Russian or russian loving pig ass American. is that what you are admitting?

what kind of a crazy ass post did you just post? you are for Russia and against Ukraine?
LOL! I don't view Russia as the "great satan" you crazy lefties do. I think it is treason for an American to undermine US policy to help a foreign government. You know it's funny - when AIPAC does this, you lefties go ape-shit. But in this case, because the guy is undermining Trump, you jump right into bed with an obvious trator.

Raoul_Luke

no, it is clearly not....good god. what do you think even trump picked diplomats were texting about when the military aid was frozen by ass-hole trump- that it would undermine US efforts to help Ukraine defend itself from Russia!!! THAT WAS OUR ACCEPTED POLICY...ARE YOU JUST HORRIBLY MISINFORMED OR WHAT?

GOP senator says diplomat told him Trump was withholding ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › trump-impeachment-inquiry › gop-s...

Oct 4, 2019 - Ron Johnson said Trump assured him there was no quid pro quo, but the ... Trump has that confidence, then he'll release the military spending,” ... Johnson told reporters last month that he'd asked Trump to release the aid for ...
Ron Johnson says Trump blocked him from assuring Ukraine ...

https://www.usatoday.com › story › news › politics › 2019/10/04 › ron-jo...

Oct 4, 2019 - Ron Johnson was blocked by President Donald Trump from telling ... Senator says he was blocked by Trump from telling Ukraine foreign aid was coming ... He said he asked Trump about it and the president denied it.

Stalled Ukraine military aid concerned members of Congress ...

https://www.cnn.com › 2019/09/30 › politics › ukraine-military-aid-congress

Sep 30, 2019 - Lawmakers on Capitol Hill couldn't figure out over this past summer why nearly $400 million in aid they'd voted to go to Ukraine still wasn't in ...
Ukraine aid delay sparked bipartisan scramble to keep ...

https://www.latimes.com › story › trump-ukraine-aid-congress-impeachment

Oct 14, 2019 - The scramble to save the Ukraine aid underscores how the ... Congress approved the $250 million in military aid and an additional $141 million ...
Here's what you need to know about the US aid package to ...

https://www.defensenews.com › congress › 2019/09/25 › what-you-need-t...

Sep 25, 2019 - Ukraine military aid extension passes US House after White House ... and Congress approved an assistance package of 210 missiles and 37 ...

How U.S. military aid became a lifeline for Ukraine - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com › news › ukraine-united-states-military-aid-013792

Sep 30, 2019 - The U.S. provided about $1.5 billion in military aid to Kiev between 2014 ... majority of the funds, approved with bipartisan support in Congress, ...
So you love the neocons - I get it. It looks good on you...

llovejim

Current Champion
So you love the neocons - I get it. It looks good on you...
i am all for limiting putin's aggression in Ukraine and Georgia and other former USSR satellite countries. that is not being a neocon, it is being a logical person concerned with what a ruthless piece of shit murdering ass Putin is.

Raoul_Luke

Trump called on his supporters to bash this patriot.

And Raoul_Luke unquestioningly obeyed.
I missed that memo. "Patriots" do not undermine the POTUS in conducting foreign policy. Vindman's efforts clearly illustrate his fealty to Ukraine. When AIPAC does the same thing vis a vis Israel, you guys go ape-shit.

Raoul_Luke

i am all for limiting putin's aggression in Ukraine and Georgia and other former USSR satellite countries. that is not being a neocon, it is being a logical person concerned with what a ruthless piece of shit murdering ass Putin is.
You are completely clueless about this (and obviously a mindless neocon). You DO know that eastern Ukraine CHOSE to align with Russia, right?

llovejim

Current Champion
LOL! I don't view Russia as the "great satan" you crazy lefties do. I think it is treason for an American to undermine US policy to help a foreign government. You know it's funny - when AIPAC does this, you lefties go ape-shit. But in this case, because the guy is undermining Trump, you jump right into bed with an obvious trator.
how can he be a traitor when he backs US POLICY- AS IT HAS BEEN FOR DECADES? it is not treason to see what a total corrupt pig Trump is, and tell the truth about his bullshit. he is not the country, he is the incompetent fool somehow in the White House right now.

Raoul_Luke

how can he be a traitor when he backs US POLICY- AS IT HAS BEEN FOR DECADES? it is not treason to see what a total corrupt pig Trump is, and tell the truth about his bullshit. he is not the country, he is the incompetent fool somehow in the White House right now.
He clearly identified it as "interagency" policy. Tell me, wtf is that???

As for "US policy for decades" - you DO know that Obama refused to send arms to Ukraine and Trump has done so, right?

llovejim

Current Champion
I missed that memo. "Patriots" do not undermine the POTUS in conducting foreign policy. Vindman's efforts clearly illustrate his fealty to Ukraine. When AIPAC does the same thing vis a vis Israel, you guys go ape-shit.
try to think- Trump eventually released the aid when it became more public what the hell he and Rudy were doing!! if it is not US Policy to help Ukraine, then why did he release the military aid after trying to use it to bribe Ukraine? do you even have a clue what the facts are?

Trump administration reinstates military aid for Ukraine - Reuters

https://www.reuters.com › article › us-usa-ukraine › trump-administration-...

Sep 12, 2019 - President Donald Trump's administration has released $250 million in military aid for Ukraine, U.S. senators said on Thursday, after lawmakers ...

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I complimented your devotion to Trump...that you refused to read Vindman's testimony and ONLY listened to Trump's lies.
I'm not sure there's another Trumpie in PJ as good a supporter as you.

Raoul_Luke

try to think- Trump eventually released the aid when it became more public what the hell he and Rudy were doing!! if it is not US Policy to help Ukraine, then why did he release the military aid after trying to use it to bribe Ukraine? do you even have a clue what the facts are?

Trump administration reinstates military aid for Ukraine - Reuters

https://www.reuters.com › article › us-usa-ukraine › trump-administration-...

Sep 12, 2019 - President Donald Trump's administration has released $250 million in military aid for Ukraine, U.S. senators said on Thursday, after lawmakers ...
Yes, he released the aid (which will probably end up in the bank accounts of Ukrainian bureaucrats). So wtf are you bitching about???