• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why not have a consumption based taxes?

Bluedog

Mayor
The question could be: Who gets their cut first, the government or the worker? Under income taxes the government gets paid first. Under consumption taxes workers get paid first. I cannot speak for everyone, but I want my grosspay to match my takehome pay. Considering how good Washington is with balancing a checkbook the less money we can give them up front the better.

IMHO

The question could be: Who gets their cut first, the government or the worker? Under income taxes the government gets paid first. Under consumption taxes workers get paid first. I cannot speak for everyone, but I want my grosspay to match my takehome pay. Considering how good Washington is with balancing a checkbook the less money we can give them up front the better.

IMHO
We can't do that because it does what Obama lies through his teeth about... You know the part where he said "everyone should have some skin in the game"

Yet 95% of those that pay no income taxes support raising taxes on those that already do pay them...

Why not have a consumption based taxes?

Our Government, when founded, for a long time was funded solely by taxation on commerce. I wish it still was.

Today that would require repealing the 16th amendment. If government was totally funded by taxing commerce and a balanced budget amendment was passed, government couldn't grow any more than GDP grows.

The whole economic system has been relatively chaotic since the Income Tax was passed under another Marxist President, Woodrow Wilson.

But we've got too many people that don't pay any Federal Income Tax, so I doubt we could ever do away with the income tax. Under a commerce tax, everyone has to pay something, and right now too many people don't.