• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why should they even allow KKK rallies

Spamature

President
First of all there are already Republican conventions so its a bit redundant. But an event calling itself a KKK rally should be illegal. If there were Mafia rallies or Crip rallies or ISIS rallies or AQ rallies law enforcement would round up the attendees in a NY minute. Yet we have two known criminal terrorist organizations that are allowed to hold public rallies, the Nazis and the Klan.

Why ?

Dayton, Ohio Braces Itself For Upcoming KKK Rally

D

Deleted member 21794

I bet Pete BootyBoy will be there- with his hood on, of course.

First of all there are already Republican conventions so its a bit redundant. But an event calling itself a KKK rally should be illegal. If there were Mafia rallies or Crip rallies or ISIS rallies or AQ rallies law enforcement would round up the attendees in a NY minute. Yet we have two known criminal terrorist organizations that are allowed to hold public rallies, the Nazis and the Klan.

Why ?

It's called freedom of speech. Ever hear of it.

FakeName

Governor

Why ?

The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

This includes the KKK and other abhorant groups.

If individuals in the group have warrants for previous crimes or commit new ones of course they can be arrested.

Spamature

President
The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

If individuals in the group have warrants for previous crimes or commit new ones of course they can be arrested.
I think being an admitted member of ISIS in this country would get you locked up.

NO ?

D

Deleted member 21794

Kudos. And I will gladly give the same great defense when someone protests the most vile leftist gathering.

D

Deleted member 21794

So an ISIS or AQ rally be left alone and allowed to take place ?

Funny how the people who sought to ban a mosque near the World Trade Center are now yapping about the 1st amendment.
So an ISIS or AQ rally be left alone and allowed to take place ?

Funny how the people who sought to ban a mosque near the World Trade Center are now yapping about the 1st amendment.
You're dodging your own OP. Hilarious.

D

Deleted member 21794

FakeName

Governor
I'm certainly not going to defend ISIS. That said, the "material support" argument might be successful in defending some loser who walks around with an "I Love ISIS" sign or some other nonsense.
The first amendment should apply to people with l love isis signs too right? Even if they assemble with their I love isis signs.?

D

Deleted member 21794

They get arrested for "material support" in many cases, for simply expressing support.
They shouldn't. To me, material support means money, time committing crimes or at least soliciting material support. I don't think a sign alone qualifies.

FakeName

Governor
They shouldn't. To me, material support means money, time committing crimes or at least soliciting material support. I don't think a sign alone qualifies.
I am not necessarily disagreeing with you but why would it be legal to give money to the KKK or neo Nazis and illegal to give money to a Muslim extremist group?

Colorforms

Senator

Why ?

That whole "Freedom of speech" thing. You wouldn't understand. :)

Spamature

President
Possibly, under the "material support clause" of the patriot act. I think that might be declared unconstitutional if challenged.

Here is an interesting essay on the subject.

https://www.creators.com/read/ted-rall/03/15/joining-isis-is-stupid-but-why-is-it-illegal
Yet, the ISIS members get arrested in the name of breaking up a terrorist organization

The Crips and Bloods fair no better than ISIS

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2016/04/what-is-a-gang-injunction.html

The mob had an entirely new law created for that very purpose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

While Nazi and Klan members get a permit to hold a public gathering / recruitment drive.

Spamature

President
That whole "Freedom of speech" thing. You wouldn't understand. :)
So gang and Islamic terrorist recruitment rallies should not be opposed by law enforcement or civil institutions. Instead they should be given a govt stamp of approval like the Nazis and the Klan ?

D

Deleted member 21794

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you but why would it be legal to give money to the KKK or neo Nazis and illegal to give money to a Muslim extremist group?
Depends which Muslim extremist group. As for the KKK, they have been reduced to a few thousand dumb rednecks drinking beer and talking shit in the woods. I don't believe they are anything resembling the force they once were. I'd have to know more details of both scenarios, but I have a feeling we'd have a lot of agreement.

Now... don't take my statement on the KKK as a defense. Any and all crimes should be prosecuted. Period.

D

Deleted member 21794

So gang and Islamic terrorist recruitment rallies should not be opposed by law enforcement or civil institutions. Instead they should be given a govt stamp of approval like the Nazis and the Klan ?
Tell me about the government stamp of approval for Nazis and the KKK.