• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why Social Security Is Broken

RedCloud

Mayor
Oh,I can not let that one go! Union members never made what the CEO's did! Not
in a million years!

While Union members were accepting huge cuts in wages and benefits Wagoner was collecting 23 million a year,while GM never made a profit after 2004. Yet people still Blane the Unions for ignorant decisions and short term profit.

The destruction of Unions is what is giving us stagnating wages,while the CEO makes more than ever!

Sorry,Red Cloud,that is my territory!
MaryAnne, you didn't look before you leaped! I said "...can't pay..." That was an exaggeration, of course, but I was trying to say that unions had pressed their demands to the point where they were greedy instead of needy.

Now put down that wet noodle you were going to beat me with and behave yourself!

MaryAnne

Governor
MaryAnne, you didn't look before you leaped! I said "...can't pay..." That was an exaggeration, of course, but I was trying to say that unions had pressed their demands to the point where they were greedy instead of needy.

Now put down that wet noodle you were going to beat me with and behave yourself!

I know you said,can't pay,as if they did!

The Union and GM have done very well by me and my family.Trust me,I always speak out when they are blamed.

I still pay Union dues every month,and that is a choice. I do not have to.

They even paid for my roses! :)

RedCloud

Mayor
I know you said,can't pay,as if they did!

The Union and GM have done very well by me and my family.Trust me,I always speak out when they are blamed.

I still pay Union dues every month,and that is a choice. I do not have to.

They even paid for my roses! :)
MaryAnne, your toes are too cute for me to step on so I will further explain my post.
I intended to indicate that SOME unions overextend their demands to the point of exceeding what the host could afford.

As a further indication of my humble apologies let me quote the last sentence of my original post: "Having said that, I will further acknowledge that I am for the union s."

MaryAnne

Governor
Red Cloud,I am kidding you!

Never for one moment would I be offended by you.

You just gave me a good chance to speak out for what Unions do right.

I know the leaders are not perfect,but also can see how the Middle Class has gone down hill while many ignore the excesses at the top,while blaming Unions with false stories that do not exist since the assault on Unions and the middle class.

Decent Union wages forced others to pay decent wages,and that brought us all up. So many have bit the hand that fed them,and are now paying the price with low wages,while management gluttons bleed them dry.

Yet,so many still blame,"Union wages!"

But,you are my friend,and I saw what you said at the bottom of your post. Do not take this personally.:)

What surprises me,is no one jumped in with the usual,"Hate Union,"tirade. Do you think some may know I am right?

EatTheRich

President
I'd say the problem with the unions is that they didn't reach far enough. They should take over the country, nationalize the big businesses, and eliminate private profits so that all the wealth not used to increase or maintain productivity is shared by the public at large.