• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why some people of color say they won't wear homemade masks

UPNYA2

Mayor
I manage just fine myself, but I can't speak for everyone.

Know who else who can't speak for all of us?

All the white folks who think they can.
I meant no disrespect to anyone other than the original poster. I wish to speak for no one save myself now, fair?

My reply was along the same line of "reasoning" as the post I was replying to in this case. That is to say it was purposefully worded to spread a sweeping negative generalization just as was done in the TP.

His opting to use such terms as, "racial profiling", "place blacks and Latinos in danger", and, "they are afraid that Trump supporters will 'stand their ground' and kill them." were intended to insinuate some are always victims of others who are always predators or did you not notice the not so vague references here?

Because as we all know, it is only Trump supporters who will kill any black or latino if they think they can have reason enough to get away with it, right? No hint of that dreaded "racial profiling" there either, correct? He spoke as if is ONLY some very select groups of our society who may risk something by wearing a cloth over their face.

When I was younger I rode a Harley as my only means of transportation. I visited my mom and dad who lived in the same town everyday, was active with a youth group at our church, coached little league football, a card totin' member of the PTA and booster clubs at every school my 3 kids ever attended, home with my kids every night, married the only girl I ever had a second date with, never went out anywhere without her and/or the kids, a regular, "Father of the Year" type if I may be so bold.

One odd thing did stand out though..... my job doesn't require I dress or look like a banker so I had the long hair, beard, ear ring, tattoos, jeans, rock tee-shirts, pretty much everything you didn't want at any roadblock or license check point, and I could not make it a week at a time without somehow being stopped, "randomly" pulled over just to be, "checked", basically hassled, and I was told straight out by more than one officer it was because I "fit a profile".

NOTHING like a black or latino, I know, only a black or latino can know what that is like so please don't take this as an attempt to compare one slight to the other, I'm just saying that I wouldn't have wanted to stroll into the corner liquor store with a bandanna covering half of my face either. Now I also understand that I could change most of what it was/is that attracts this unwarranted "concern" toward me while race or nationality can't be altered, I get that too.

But let me ask you thing if I may.
If by some chance, IF, people could change their race or nationality because it attracts some unwarranted "concern" from others, if they COULD change that and go through life more free and safe, in all honesty, how many do you believe would?
They shouldn't have to change anything to feel safer, none of us should, even those of us who could.

We all have different trial and tribulations in our lives but we none have the right to act as if ours is in someway more trying than everyone else's, for if only one group can understand what it is like to be them than they have no right to assume they can know what it is like to be the others.

I just want us all to understand all of us have issues and we need to accept them all as equally as important. When we do not what we have right now is all we can expect to ever have in the future.

Speaking only for myself of course.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I meant no disrespect to anyone other than the original poster. I wish to speak for no one save myself now, fair?

My reply was along the same line of "reasoning" as the post I was replying to in this case. That is to say it was purposefully worded to spread a sweeping negative generalization just as was done in the TP.

His opting to use such terms as, "racial profiling", "place blacks and Latinos in danger", and, "they are afraid that Trump supporters will 'stand their ground' and kill them." were intended to insinuate some are always victims of others who are always predators or did you not notice the not so vague references here?

Because as we all know, it is only Trump supporters who will kill any black or latino if they think they can have reason enough to get away with it, right? No hint of that dreaded "racial profiling" there either, correct? He spoke as if is ONLY some very select groups of our society who may risk something by wearing a cloth over their face.

When I was younger I rode a Harley as my only means of transportation. I visited my mom and dad who lived in the same town everyday, was active with a youth group at our church, coached little league football, a card totin' member of the PTA and booster clubs at every school my 3 kids ever attended, home with my kids every night, married the only girl I ever had a second date with, never went out anywhere without her and/or the kids, a regular, "Father of the Year" type if I may be so bold.

One odd thing did stand out though..... my job doesn't require I dress or look like a banker so I had the long hair, beard, ear ring, tattoos, jeans, rock tee-shirts, pretty much everything you didn't want at any roadblock or license check point, and I could not make it a week at a time without somehow being stopped, "randomly" pulled over just to be, "checked", basically hassled, and I was told straight out by more than one officer it was because I "fit a profile".

NOTHING like a black or latino, I know, only a black or latino can know what that is like so please don't take this as an attempt to compare one slight to the other, I'm just saying that I wouldn't have wanted to stroll into the corner liquor store with a bandanna covering half of my face either. Now I also understand that I could change most of what it was/is that attracts this unwarranted "concern" toward me while race or nationality can't be altered, I get that too.

But let me ask you thing if I may.
If by some chance, IF, people could change their race or nationality because it attracts some unwarranted "concern" from others, if they COULD change that and go through life more free and safe, in all honesty, how many do you believe would?
They shouldn't have to change anything to feel safer, none of us should, even those of us who could.

We all have different trial and tribulations in our lives but we none have the right to act as if ours is in someway more trying than everyone else's, for if only one group can understand what it is like to be them than they have no right to assume they can know what it is like to be the others.

I just want us all to understand all of us have issues and we need to accept them all as equally as important. When we do not what we have right now is all we can expect to ever have in the future.

Speaking only for myself of course.

Good post.

I sometimes get testy when I see yet another "Here's how black people think" posted by some supposedly enlightened individual.....Usually I ignore it, but this time I stuck my black nose right into it.

No harm, no foul.

Moving on....

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Good post.

I sometimes get testy when I see yet another "Here's how black people think" posted by some supposedly enlightened individual.....Usually I ignore it, but this time I stuck my black nose right into it.

No harm, no foul.

Moving on....
I believe all noses, regardless of color, ethnicity or nationality are equal in the eyes of God and all have the right to ofttimes insert themselves into places where better judgement, if prevailed upon, would advise against.

Dino

Russian Asset

On social media and in interviews with CNN, a number of people of color — activists, academics and ordinary Americans — expressed fears that homemade masks could exacerbate racial profiling and place blacks and Latinos in danger.

"I don't feel safe wearing a handkerchief or something else that isn't CLEARLY a protective mask covering my face to the store because I am a Black man living in this world," tweeted Aaron Thomas, an educator in Columbus, Ohio. "I want to stay alive but I also want to stay alive."

--------------

In other words they are afraid that Trump supporters will 'stand their ground' and kill them.
I think he meant police but it’s your hatred that forms your baseless opinion.