• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why the "Trump's a Racist" Narrative Doesn't Hold Any Credibility

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Yes, I'm saying that racism in this country is not systemic.
(That is, unless one considers government-mandated preferences being given to selected minority races to be racism.)
I'm saying as well that race is a biological reality as well as a socio-cultural one.
Also that recognition of differences inherent in the different races isn't something for which a person ought to be excoriated. That is, it's not bigotry, animus, or "racism" in any negative sense of the word, and certainly not supremacy.
Also that the existence of disparities in outcomes between the races is not proof of systemic racism but rather, if anything, evidence of inherent racial differences.

The USA in the present is the least racist place at the least racially bigoted time in world history. This is not to say that bigotry and prejudice don't exist or that some people aren't impacted negatively by them. Bigotry in the upper echelons of society almost certainly has a substantial negative impact, though I've no data to support that. Regardless, it's not "systemic" because, legally and culturally, it's condemned and because it exists only among a small minority.

First, thank you for a thoughtful post presenting a perspective most here don't have.

I believe that your take on the last article linked ( https://quillette.com/2019/01/25/how-real-is-systemic-racism-today/ ) is based on a different understanding of "racism" between you and it's author, a difference made clear by your post. In saying that "racism of a minority directed at the white majority, is still tolerated or even encouraged" in the 1st paragraph, the author is referring to expressions of racial animosity -- what you identify, accurately, as prejudice -- not to the social power held by blacks relative to others. The article is really very objective and tries to present a balanced perspective; it might be worth your time to read.
Definition of systemic: 1)methodical; according to a system. 2) regular, deliberate. 3) organized, planned, standard, routine, habitual, persistent.
Racism, as practiced in the USA, is all of these things.

EatTheRich

President
Yes, I'm saying that racism in this country is not systemic.
(That is, unless one considers government-mandated preferences being given to selected minority races to be racism.)
I'm saying as well that race is a biological reality as well as a socio-cultural one.
Also that recognition of differences inherent in the different races isn't something for which a person ought to be excoriated. That is, it's not bigotry, animus, or "racism" in any negative sense of the word, and certainly not supremacy.
Also that the existence of disparities in outcomes between the races is not proof of systemic racism but rather, if anything, evidence of inherent racial differences.

The USA in the present is the least racist place at the least racially bigoted time in world history. This is not to say that bigotry and prejudice don't exist or that some people aren't impacted negatively by them. Bigotry in the upper echelons of society almost certainly has a substantial negative impact, though I've no data to support that. Regardless, it's not "systemic" because, legally and culturally, it's condemned and because it exists only among a small minority.

First, thank you for a thoughtful post presenting a perspective most here don't have.

I believe that your take on the last article linked ( https://quillette.com/2019/01/25/how-real-is-systemic-racism-today/ ) is based on a different understanding of "racism" between you and it's author, a difference made clear by your post. In saying that "racism of a minority directed at the white majority, is still tolerated or even encouraged" in the 1st paragraph, the author is referring to expressions of racial animosity -- what you identify, accurately, as prejudice -- not to the social power held by blacks relative to others. The article is really very objective and tries to present a balanced perspective; it might be worth your time to read.
Why were “disparities in outcomes between the races” so much more prevalent after the invention of the concept of race than before?

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Why were “disparities in outcomes between the races” so much more prevalent after the invention of the concept of race than before?
"The concept of race" -- that is, races -- has existed since earliest human history. Disparate outcomes between the races has, too. The concept that race is a concept is what's new.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Racism in the USA is systemic. This country was founded on racism. I don't care how you try to explain it away, facts cannot be changed.
And racism is STILL alive and well in this land. It is what helped Donald Trump get elected. He is pandering to racists (his base) again for his 2020 campaign. That is why he wants to make "the Squad" the face of the Democrat party. He knows his base hates these women of color.
Definition of systemic: 1)methodical; according to a system. 2) regular, deliberate. 3) organized, planned, standard, routine, habitual, persistent.
Racism, as practiced in the USA, is all of these things.
I'd disagree that the country was "founded on racism" but the founders were definitely aware of racial differences and intended the USA to be a White county. Any "systemic racism," as I've understood it, went away decades ago, though. I'll accept the reality of lingering effects, but for how long are we going to keep using that excuse?

Yes, racism is definitely alive and well in this land -- among individuals and small groups like White Supremacists. It's not part of the system. Now if we say, as in your definition 3, that "systemic" is a synonym for "habitual" or "persistent" then, yes, it's systemic. Built in to the legal and social system extant today, however, then I disagree.

I agree that racists helped elect Trump -- that's pretty much undeniable. I don't see them as a large part of his existing base and don't think that's why he wants to make "the squad" the face of the Democrat party for 2020. He want's that because the majority of middle America finds their views reprehensible. 99+% of his base hates those women for their views, not because of their skin-tone, imo.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
White men can't jump.
Negative, I killed a big rattlesnake down east at grain bins and laid it in front of the door going into the shop and watched many white men jump HIGH when they went around corner of shop to enter the door...……...

EatTheRich

President
"The concept of race" -- that is, races -- has existed since earliest human history. Disparate outcomes between the races has, too. The concept that race is a concept is what's new.
Race is an invention created around the 15th century to justify racial slavery and wars of racial conquest. It has no meaning outside the context of historical racism.

EatTheRich

President
I'd disagree that the country was "founded on racism" but the founders were definitely aware of racial differences and intended the USA to be a White county. Any "systemic racism," as I've understood it, went away decades ago, though. I'll accept the reality of lingering effects, but for how long are we going to keep using that excuse?

Yes, racism is definitely alive and well in this land -- among individuals and small groups like White Supremacists. It's not part of the system. Now if we say, as in your definition 3, that "systemic" is a synonym for "habitual" or "persistent" then, yes, it's systemic. Built in to the legal and social system extant today, however, then I disagree.

I agree that racists helped elect Trump -- that's pretty much undeniable. I don't see them as a large part of his existing base and don't think that's why he wants to make "the squad" the face of the Democrat party for 2020. He want's that because the majority of middle America finds their views reprehensible. 99+% of his base hates those women for their views, not because of their skin-tone, imo.
Agreed that the squad are highlighted primarily for their leftist views and not their race, although the attacks on them are often racial ones. And that conscious racists are a small part of Trump’s base.

Disagreed that racism today is not systemic.

John Doe

I detest liberalism
No counterargument necessary, huh?
It was as laughably stupid then, as it is now. Only a total moron would think it required one.

Say that claim out loud and see if you dont laugh like hell "Cuba, the freest democracy on earth'' ....o_O:rolleyes: