• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why Trump Won

C

Capitalist

Which sounds like more of the same for-profit insurance that rewards investors for denying needed medical services. Do you think investors need more money?
Well, if it's got big dumb graphics it must be true!

C

Capitalist

I was never an advocate of the ACA
Yeah you were. Just a second ago.

georgephillip said:
He wants to kill the ACA without telling millions of Americans what he will replace it with.
You're bitching about killing something you don't advocate.

Alice? Am I talking to Alice now?

You're not that clever.

Not in the context used by my source:

"David Cay Johnston is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter and best-selling author who teaches business regulation, property and tax law at Syracuse University’s law and graduate business schools..."

"From 1967, when Lyndon Johnson was president, to 2014, the average income of the vast majority of Americans rose by only $328 to $33,068. That’s just 1 percent above inflation after 47 years and this income stagnation applies, statistically, to the 90 percent, everyone who made less than $121,000 in 2014."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/09/why-voters-elected-president-donald-j-trump-and-why-they-ll-regret-it.html

Between 1967 and 2014, 90% of US earners saw their average income increase by 1% in real dollars.
I know wages and salaries have been suppressed for 40 years. Pew links by me for ages now demonstrating how bad illegal immigration and H1B visas are for the wage earner and good for the employer.

You explain to me the utility of talking about the vast majority average. It is stupid data manipulation period.

I know wages and salaries have been suppressed for 40 years. Pew links by me for ages now demonstrating how bad illegal immigration and H1B visas are for the wage earner and good for the employer.

You explain to me the utility of talking about the vast majority average. It is stupid data manipulation period.
That depends on whether or not you are among the 90% of US workers who've seen a 1% raise over the past 47 years. H1B visas and desperate migrants play a relatively small role in that statistical reality when compared to outsourcing and neoliberal tax policies.

That depends on whether or not you are among the 90% of US workers who've seen a 1% raise over the past 47 years. H1B visas and desperate migrants play a relatively small role in that statistical reality when compared to outsourcing and neoliberal tax policies.
Then SAY the average of the bottom 90% or what you're saying is completely fake. Plus, saying what the range is for the botton 90% makes it less fake too.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Yes on the first part. We'll see on the second. The fact is that Obama didn't deliver for the working class. His policies simply made the situation you describe here even worse (by implementing an anti-job policy agenda). I'm willing to give Trump a chance, just as I did Obama. If he doesn't deliver a policy agenda that helps the economy (and incomes) recover, I'll gladly take up a protest sign and stand beside you.

Last edited:
Yes on the first part. We'll see on the second. The fact is that Obama didn't deliver for the working class. His policies simply made the situation you describe here even worse (by implementing an anti-job policy agenda. I'm willing to give Trump a chance, just as I did Obama. If he doesn't deliver a policy agenda that helps the economy (and incomes) recover, I'll gladly take up a protest sign and stand beside you.
Do you support any of the following Trump proposals?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/09/why-voters-elected-president-donald-j-trump-and-why-they-ll-regret-it.html

"The Next Chapter

"Here is what to expect, even with the sharp divisions between establishment and insurgents:

• Repeal of the Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s signature accomplishment, ending health care for more than 20 million people, many with pre-existing conditions.
  • Appointment of a Supreme Court justice who could provide the fifth vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 case that established a woman’s limited right to an abortion.
  • Repeal of Dodd-Frank and other rules that prevent banks from engaging in the kind of practices that sank the economy in 2008, rules that Trump characterized as excessive regulation.
  • Cutting regulations on coal-fired power plants, pipelines, and fracking for oil and natural gas, making America a pariah in a world where—among other major countries—climate change is accepted as serious science.
  • Smaller budgets for the IRS and the Education and Labor Departments, together with big spending increases for the Pentagon, especially for weapons purchases given Trump’s claims that America needs more warships and military jets."
I think you are making a serious mistake when equating Obama's intentions with those of Trump; the latter will not wait to leave the White House before enriching himself and his family.

Raoul_Luke

Do you support any of the following Trump proposals?

"The Next Chapter

"Here is what to expect, even with the sharp divisions between establishment and insurgents:

• Repeal of the Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s signature accomplishment, ending health care for more than 20 million people, many with pre-existing conditions.
  • Appointment of a Supreme Court justice who could provide the fifth vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 case that established a woman’s limited right to an abortion.
  • Repeal of Dodd-Frank and other rules that prevent banks from engaging in the kind of practices that sank the economy in 2008, rules that Trump characterized as excessive regulation.
  • Cutting regulations on coal-fired power plants, pipelines, and fracking for oil and natural gas, making America a pariah in a world where—among other major countries—climate change is accepted as serious science.
  • Smaller budgets for the IRS and the Education and Labor Departments, together with big spending increases for the Pentagon, especially for weapons purchases given Trump’s claims that America needs more warships and military jets."
I think you are making a serious mistake when equating Obama's intentions with those of Trump; the latter will not wait to leave the White House before enriching himself and his family.

Intentions don't put dollars in the people's pockets. Policies do. And Obama's policies, regardless of his intentions, made the rich richer, while the middle class was whittled away.

We need less regulation. We need less government. We need less central planning. I'm certainly not happy with Trump's economic personnel picks, but I will wait and see what the policies are and their effects before I pronounce him a failure. Just as I did with Obama...

Intentions don't put dollars in the people's pockets. Policies do. And Obama's policies, regardless of his intentions, made the rich richer, while the middle class was whittled away.

We need less regulation. We need less government. We need less central planning. I'm certainly not happy with Trump's economic personnel picks, but I will wait and see what the policies are and their effects before I pronounce him a failure. Just as I did with Obama...
I'm certainly no fan of Obama. I never voted for him, and I fully expect him to profit from his "public service" to an even greater extent than Bill Clinton has.

Trump, however, shows signs of being unwilling to wait until he leaves office before increasing his private wealth:

http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/pressroomredirect.cfm?ID=10118

"President-elect Donald Trump’s conflicts of interest will be inescapable, engulfing and consequential unless he sells off the family business. As long as he does not, his business interests will unavoidably influence his policymaking, affecting matters from consumer protection to bankruptcy law, labor rights to tax policy, as well as foreign policy.

"We will witness the first for-profit president.

Americans deserve a president who works for them, without regard to how policy will affect the president’s own bottom line."

Should Trump face a choice between revealing his taxes or resigning?

Raoul_Luke

I'm certainly no fan of Obama. I never voted for him, and I fully expect him to profit from his "public service" to an even greater extent than Bill Clinton has.

Trump, however, shows signs of being unwilling to wait until he leaves office before increasing his private wealth:

http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/pressroomredirect.cfm?ID=10118

"President-elect Donald Trump’s conflicts of interest will be inescapable, engulfing and consequential unless he sells off the family business. As long as he does not, his business interests will unavoidably influence his policymaking, affecting matters from consumer protection to bankruptcy law, labor rights to tax policy, as well as foreign policy.

"We will witness the first for-profit president.

Americans deserve a president who works for them, without regard to how policy will affect the president’s own bottom line."

Should Trump face a choice between revealing his taxes or resigning?
Again, we'll see. I have no problem with him holding on to his business entities, and continuing to make a profit on them, as long as he's not crafting his economic policies to benefit his businesses more than the rest. Good economic policies don't favor one business over another. And if his policies help all (well run) businesses compete and make more money, I certainly wouldn't expect him to make any effort to ensure his are insulated from their effects.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

"Why Trump Won

"Trump won because many millions of Americans, having endured decades of working more while getting deeper in debt, said 'enough.'

"From 1967, when Lyndon Johnson was president, to 2014, the average income of the vast majority of Americans rose by only $328 to $33,068.

"That’s just 1 percent above inflation after 47 years and this income stagnation applies, statistically, to the 90 percent, everyone who made less than $121,000 in 2014.

"Over the same years, incomes among the top tenth of 1 percent grew so much—and tax laws were so generous to them—that many enjoy multiple mansions and a few own his-and-her private jets."

The above sentiments were written last November 9th; their author has known Trump since 1988, and was one of the first national "experts" to concede Trump had a chance to win the Republican nomination in June of 2015.

"A scene from The American President, the 1995 Aaron Sorkin film about a widower in the White House running against a right-wing demagogue is instructive.

"Michael J. Fox played an aide who told the president, played by Michael Douglas, that 'in the absence of genuine leadership' the people will 'listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They’re so thirsty for it they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand.'”

"Before long yesterday’s voters will realize that they just drank sand."
The reasons Trump won:

upload_2017-2-20_11-5-40.png

Because Americans in general do not want to be these people.

Drumcollie

Again, we'll see. I have no problem with him holding on to his business entities, and continuing to make a profit on them, as long as he's not crafting his economic policies to benefit his businesses more than the rest. Good economic policies don't favor one business over another. And if his policies help all (well run) businesses compete and make more money, I certainly wouldn't expect him to make any effort to ensure his are insulated from their effects.
I am guessing you had a problem with Hillary selling her office and her Husband raping women...Right? If not you should just shut the heck up.

Drumcollie

First of all, that's bullshit. You know the general plan: Free market to allow cross state competition.

Second, you have to pass the bill so you know what's in it.

As an advocate of ACA you should embrace the same motivation that you now (falsely) accuse Trump.
upload_2017-2-20_11-13-7.png

because it would help with the 500 million unemployed.

I was never an advocate of the ACA

:p
Oh, you were a fake Bernie "supporter". LOL! How did you feel when he sold out his pretend campaign for a $600,000 beach house? The Clintons bought him soooooo cheap...I'm sure Debbie Wasserman-Schultz got a lot more than that for taking the fall on the DNC/Clinton campaign racketeering expose.

Raoul_Luke

I am guessing you had a problem with Hillary selling her office and her Husband raping women...Right? If not you should just shut the heck up.
Get back to me when you have some evidence that he's profiting (unduly) from his political power. Find me a quid pro quo and I'll shut up. Until then, maybe it's you who should do so...