• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why was Gaddafi treated different?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
On October 20, 2011, the President of Libya, Muammar Gaddafi was captured and killed. There was TV coverage of exactly how he was tortured and killed. It was grisly. It was as if they wanted everyone to know for sure that he was dead, and that he suffered before he died.
But, then the capture and deaths of Usama binLaden and alBahgdadi have been kept secret. Even their burials at sea are kept hush-hush.
Why? Not that I am a fan of any of these men. I'm just wondering why their deaths were handled so differently.

YJ02

Council Member
On October 20, 2011, the President of Libya, Muammar Gaddafi was captured and killed. There was TV coverage of exactly how he was tortured and killed. It was grisly. It was as if they wanted everyone to know for sure that he was dead, and that he suffered before he died.
But, then the capture and deaths of Usama binLaden and alBahgdadi have been kept secret. Even their burials at sea are kept hush-hush.
Why? Not that I am a fan of any of these men. I'm just wondering why their deaths were handled so differently.
just off the top, Id say it was because the capture of Quaddafi (however his name is spelled) was handled by his former citizens

they wanted evidence of t heir big kill and to video it and release it was the best way for them
(similar with Hussein and how his execution by Iraqi interim govt was filmed)

with that, he should have never been taken out (neither should have Hussein for that matter)

the whole "arab spring' thing (imo incited to start by both the actions and speech of GW Bush and Obama (particularly his Cairo speech) was asinine

our quest to democratize the arab world in our image was wrongly inspired/concocted and even more poorly executed

Quaddafi was the only arab/mid east strongman to give up his wmd's in reaction to Bush's general threat post 9/11

he knew because of the WMDs and his past support of terrorists, he was on a likely hit list--so he did what we wanted him to, and we helped to take him out anyhow

how is that for sending a message to the rest (like Assad) "do what we say or else"

then they do what we wanted and 'or else' happens anyhow

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
just off the top, Id say it was because the capture of Quaddafi (however his name is spelled) was handled by his former citizens

they wanted evidence of t heir big kill and to video it and release it was the best way for them
(similar with Hussein and how his execution by Iraqi interim govt was filmed)

with that, he should have never been taken out (neither should have Hussein for that matter)

the whole "arab spring' thing (imo incited to start by both the actions and speech of GW Bush and Obama (particularly his Cairo speech) was asinine

our quest to democratize the arab world in our image was wrongly inspired/concocted and even more poorly executed

Quaddafi was the only arab/mid east strongman to give up his wmd's in reaction to Bush's general threat post 9/11

he knew because of the WMDs and his past support of terrorists, he was on a likely hit list--so he did what we wanted him to, and we helped to take him out anyhow

how is that for sending a message to the rest (like Assad) "do what we say or else"

then they do what we wanted and 'or else' happens anyhow
Thank you. It's probably why Kim Jung Un doesn't want to give up his weapons either.
One thing I've noticed about America's foreign policy: It doesn't matter whether a Democrat or Republican is in the White House, every President follows the same script.

Thank you. It's probably why Kim Jung Un doesn't want to give up his weapons either.
One thing I've noticed about America's foreign policy: It doesn't matter whether a Democrat or Republican is in the White House, every President follows the same script.
That's not what you said when President Trump fulfilled Obama's failed promise to move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

Also, Gaddhafi's approval rate was higher than Nancy Pelosi's. How embarrassing for you!

Last edited:

YJ02

Council Member
well, your thread looked lonely :)

yes, the script only changes players and who says what lines to who

and it needs to stop

-defending the mid east is NOT defending america

-defending Ukraine is not defending america

so many other places

both parties want to have our troops, money and aide every where except where it is needed- here and the rest of the western hemisphere

ex; the same ppl who are ok with our military being in syria (illegally) are the same ones who cry foul when troops are sent to our own border. the DEFINITION of defense is defending our own border (and that does not have to do anything with immigration, btw)

Jen

Senator
You'd have to ask Obama about that.

Did you know that Ghaddafi was killed by a Lybian mob, and Bin Laden and Al Baghdadi were killed by United States military troops? I'm asking because I have learned never to underestimate how ill informed leftists are.

Jen

Senator
Did you know that Ghaddafi was killed by a Lybian mob, and Bin Laden and Al Baghdadi were killed by United States military troops? I'm asking because I have learned never to underestimate how ill informed leftists are.
Don't expect the Left to be aware of much...........they choose not to know.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Now you just have to realize who's writing that script.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
That's not what you said when President Trump fulfilled Obama's failed promise to move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

Also, Gaddhafi's approval rate was higher than Nancy Pelosi's. How embarrassing for you!
I don't remember saying anything when the embassy was moved to Jerusalem. Are you getting confused again?

Jen

Senator
Obama was the President when BinLaden was captured. But Trump was the President when alBaghdadi was captured.
I answered the question in your headline. It was about Quaddafi, not BinLaden or alBaghdadi. Obama was the president in 2011 or have you forgotten that?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Makes no difference. United States military could have provided proof of death for BinLaden and alBaghdadi. But they didn't. I'm sure it wasn't their decision; they get their orders from the powers that be.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I answered the question in your headline. It was about Quaddafi, not BinLaden or alBaghdadi. Obama was the president in 2011 or have you forgotten that?
Thanks for answering the question. In my OP I mentioned BinLaden and alBaghdadi. :)

voyager

4Q2247365
Mo Mar was killed by his own people. The US wants no physical place for a terrorist to be worshiped as a martyr. Besides the only thing left of Bagdaddy was an eyeball and a testicle.

YJ02

Council Member
i took her question to be on the nature of how their deaths were covered by media no matter who did the killing

but i agree,the ppl doing the killing and their being other a GO or NGO mostly dictates how the deaths were covered by media

from the descriptions, i'd say that Bahgdadi's death was pretty grisly as well

Jack4freedom

Governor
Don't expect the Left to be aware of much...........they choose not to know.
95% of Fox News watchers still think Sadaam Heusein attacked us on 9/11 and consider Saudi Araibia a great ally. Tuning into a Hannity show is like having a tube inserted through your skull and injecting it with oven cleaner. That is what Sean calls being “Hannitized”