• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Wife Now Regrets Supporting Trump After Husband Set to be Deported

That is a weak response. It isn't even a real response. You're just name calling because you have nothing else left.

You claim supporting our constitutionally-mandated immigration laws is "hypocritical cruelty", and you think I have nothing? LOL!!!

Again, that is why no one here takes you seriously.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Adrian Bott's response did make me laugh.

Helen Beristain is a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump. She’s said in the past that she voted for the President because she agreed with an immigration policy that he promoted. Now, as her husband is about to be deported, her family is on the wrong side of a system she thought would spare them.

Eddie’s Steak Shed owner to be deported Friday, according to family https://t.co/HqeZi5CTv9 pic.twitter.com/ygt7ghYqUn

— WNDU (@WNDU) March 22, 2017
More fake news from Spam.

Dude at some point you will have to have a timeout.

I thought spouses of American citizens are American citizens?

Spamature

President

Not automatically I have already linked to show this is not true in this thread. Here is the text.

Complications for Immigrant Spouses Living in the United States Illegally

If you entered the United States without inspection, or stayed beyond the time allowed under a visa, even marrying a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may not help you. This is because people who spend unlawful time in the United States and then leave (which you may have to do in order to attend your interview at a U.S. consulate) may be penalized by a bar on reentry of three or ten years. See a lawyer for the details and a personal analysis.

If you're lucky enough to have both entered the U.S. legally and married a U.S. citizen (not a permanent resident), then you'll probably be able to avoid this problem, but see a lawyer anyway, just in case. And note that entering "legally" does not mean using a tourist or other visa with the secret plan of getting a green card based on marriage -- that's visa fraud, and will get you nowhere.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/citizenship-through-marriage.html

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Not automatically I have already linked to show this is not true in this thread. Here is the text.

If you entered the United States without inspection, or stayed beyond the time allowed under a visa, even marrying a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may not help you. This is because people who spend unlawful time in the United States and then leave (which you may have to do in order to attend your interview at a U.S. consulate) may be penalized by a bar on reentry of three or ten years. See a lawyer for the details and a personal analysis.

If you're lucky enough to have both entered the U.S. legally and married a U.S. citizen (not a permanent resident), then you'll probably be able to avoid this problem, but see a lawyer anyway, just in case. And note that entering "legally" does not mean using a tourist or other visa with the secret plan of getting a green card based on marriage -- that's visa fraud, and will get you nowhere.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/citizenship-through-marriage.html
I agree with the law. It prevents illegal immigrants who have broken a law from just paying someone to marry them so they can stay.

Spamature

President
I agree with the law. It prevents illegal immigrants who have broken a law from just paying someone to marry them so they can stay.
But this is not fake news as far as I can see. I don't call somebody's post fake until I check it out.

Now this woman see's not only what she her vote did to her own family and his twenty employees but what it could be doing to other families as well.

But this is not fake news as far as I can see. I don't call somebody's post fake until I check it out.

Now this woman see's not only what she her vote did to her own family and his twenty employees but what it could be doing to other families as well.
So just to be clear, you believe her husband should be allowed to continue breaking the law, right?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

I still don't understand. Did Trump change the law?

ICE the deportation works separately, this person should have been deported anyways.

You do understand that all Presidents that come in hurt the people that support them.

I voted for Obama in 2008. In 2016 I lost my insurance because of ACA and paid huge premiums so that others could have healthcare.

It happens.

Spamature

President
I still don't understand. Did Trump change the law?

ICE the deportation works separately, this person should have been deported anyways.

You do understand that all Presidents that come in hurt the people that support them.

I voted for Obama in 2008. In 2016 I lost my insurance because of ACA and paid huge premiums so that others could have healthcare.

It happens.

He was trying to work things out with the INS

From the article.

ICE Public Affairs Officer Gail Montenegro says in a statement, “when he failed to depart the United States by that time as required, his voluntary order reverted to a final order of removal.”

That meant ICE could deport him, but Helen says they allowed him to stay as long as he kept working and didn’t get into trouble.

But the Trump administration is changing the way the government prioritizes people for deportation, expanding its efforts beyond just those who face criminal charges.

From the article.

ICE Public Affairs Officer Gail Montenegro says in a statement, “when he failed to depart the United States by that time as required, his voluntary order reverted to a final order of removal.”

That meant ICE could deport him, but Helen says they allowed him to stay as long as he kept working and didn’t get into trouble.

But the Trump administration is changing the way the government prioritizes people for deportation, expanding its efforts beyond just those who face criminal charges.
So, just to be clear, you believe her husband should be allowed to continue breaking the law, right?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

From the article.

Vote people in to get the deportation laws the way you want them. Sounds like the law was followed and personally I don't have a big problem with it.

They are not granted citizenship when they marry an American citizens. You can marry a citizen and have a decent chance at a green card(provided they obeyed immigrations laws, i.e. not jumping the border) And a green card is still a helluva long way from citizenship.

Spamature

President
So, just to be clear, you believe her husband should be allowed to continue breaking the law, right?
He has a family here and has built a business that serves and employs member of his community. I believe there should be some path to citizenship for him that does not destroy all of that.

What say you ?

He has a family here and has built a business that serves and employs member of his community. I believe there should be some path to citizenship for him.

What say you ?
Citizenship is a bit much... We have well established rules for gaining citizenship which are fairly well thought out... but I agree it is a huge waste of resources deporting a valued member of the community... Just give him a green card.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
He has a family here and has built a business that serves and employs member of his community. I believe there should be some path to citizenship for him that does not destroy all of that.

What say you ?
Depends on the law he broke but if it wasn't that bad or then I'm all for keeping him.

How come you didn't post these stories when ICE deported all those people under Obama?

Just curious.

Spamature

President
Depends on the law he broke but if it wasn't that bad or then I'm all for keeping him.

How come you didn't post these stories when ICE deported all those people under Obama?

Just curious.
He accidentally crossed over the Canadian border and back during a trip to Niagara Falls.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

MAY

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

so you're saying boy Θ didn't do as elected or enforce our laws..........

justoffal

Senator
So you have no evidence to contradict she voted for Trump, or that her husband is being deported, or that the man doesn't have a criminal record, or local authorities are protecting anyone. You are throwing out theories you hope will discredit this story, but you lack any evidence.
If you have no evidence how can expect a "real investigative reporter" to manufacture it?
Trump has been lying as long he has been breathing.
What I have is the very strong smell of FAKE NEWS and Bullshit. Trump has already said he is concentrating on criminals right now...so why is this guy being looked at? You should know better these days.....double check....look for additional sources...and then wait to see if it can actually be verified. It may be true....but if it is it makes no sense at all in light of the current policies. NONE....so you would be wise to double check the story instead of simply embracing it because it suits you. You guys keep getting hammered on that.

Let's see if it actually happens.....Ill follow this story every day for the next month.....to see what develops. My guess is the guy is going nowhere....I'll believe it when James O'keefe goes down there and actually questions the family face to face.

JO