• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Will Obama and Dems get another "shellacking" on Tuesday?

Zoar

Governor
See! Righties celebrating in the end zone!

This is what I said on another thread and Righties wanted LINKS!

Then they CRIED when I gave them links that that was not good enough!

LeilaniMP

Empress
Celebrating? Where?

Asking if 0bama will get another shellacking is celebrating?

Why are you so hysterical?

See! Righties celebrating in the end zone!

This is what I said on another thread and Righties wanted LINKS!

Then they CRIED when I gave them links that that was not good enough!

Arkady

President
Obama...building his legacy, one failure after another.....

PJ should be quite hysterical Tuesday evening, into Wednesday, as the results roll in (regardless of how many gains the GOP makes, or not)

Obama’s Midterm Loss Record Could Make History
http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/rothenblog/obama-poised-to-set-new-midterm-loss-record/
Yes, I assume there will be a midterm loss, and probably a big one. I have no idea whether it will be an historically big one, but it could be. There's a long tradition of historically large losses for Democrats after they accomplish something good for the American people (as with the Democrats being punished for Clinton putting America on the right path in his first couple years, or like the Democrats being punished for Johnson divorcing the Democratic party from the cause of segregation).

As for Obama's legacy, it depends on whether you care more about partisan considerations or the American people. From the perspective of someone who cares mostly about partisan considerations, the Obama presidency's legacy will be at least a short-term weakening of the Democratic party in the political game. From the perspective of someone who treats politics less as a sport where you root for your team and more as a means for accomplishing improvements in the lives of the people, Obama's legacy will be strong.

Pretty much every indicator of national well-being has either improved on his watch, or at least is now improving, after having shed the negative momentum of the Bush years earlier in his presidency. Unemployment is down, poverty is falling, inflation is ultra-low, interest rates are low, median incomes are rising, murder and violent crime rates are down, deficits are way down, US approval ratings abroad are up, KIAs are down, losses to terrorists have been negligible, stocks prices are up, home prices are up, real GDP per capita is up, average debt per household is down, teen pregnancy rates are down, abortion rates are down, bankruptcies are down, and on and on.

I'm a fan of actual sports, so I don't need to get that particular "rooting for my team" thrill from counting up the "score" of races won or lost by a favored party. For me, politics isn't a spectator sport, existing for the entertainment of viewers. Instead, it's a means for accomplishing improvements in the lives of the American people. Judged by that standard, the legacy of the Obama era will be better lives for the majority of us.

Klunker

Council Member
We are divided... Divided, red state against blue state... Conservative against Liberal... Democrat against Republican... Tea Party against Progressive. We've become more concerned about how many "seats" OUR team can win than about what's good for the Nation. OUR team and the points they score trump whether the Country as a whole wins or loses. Rec'd an e-mail from our daughter a week ago, relating a conversation initiated by our 8 year old grandaughter....

"Mom, these commercials say a vote for Greg Orman is a vote for Barack Obama. So, you need to vote for Pat Roberts if you don't like Obama."

"What's your question, hon?"

"Mom, Pat Roberts won't get any votes at all."

"Why do you say that?"

"Barack Obama is our President. He's the Leader of our Country. Doesn't everyone like our Country and our President?"

Why can't they lower the voting age to 8??!!!??

LeilaniMP

Empress
Would you have felt the same way if Romney was the POTUS, or is your pride based on her support of 0bama?

We are divided... Divided, red state against blue state... Conservative against Liberal... Democrat against Republican... Tea Party against Progressive. We've become more concerned about how many "seats" OUR team can win than about what's good for the Nation. OUR team and the points they score trump whether the Country as a whole wins or loses. Rec'd an e-mail from our daughter a week ago, relating a conversation initiated by our 8 year old grandaughter....

"Mom, these commercials say a vote for Greg Orman is a vote for Barack Obama. So, you need to vote for Pat Roberts if you don't like Obama."

"Why do you say that?"

"Barack Obama is our President. He's the Leader of our Country. Doesn't everyone like our Country and our President?"

Zoar

Governor
Would you have felt the same way if Romney was the POTUS, or is your pride based on her support of 0bama?
If Romney was president he would have INSULTED 85% of the people already and that includes most 8 year olds so no I don't think the granddaughter would be for Romney.

"Why do you say that?"

Your granddaughter is watching too much TV. Where are her parents?

MrMike

Bless you all
Don't blame him for being embarrassed and in stubborn denial despite what the Barack says about his policies actually being on deck for the Dem candidates (who are running away from the "O").

He said his policies are.

He is the albatross hanging around Dem candidates necks.

Heck....they won't even admit voting for him!

MrMike

Bless you all
Nice fairy tale. You definitely don't have to like our fraud POTUS to like our country.

Next?

"Why do you say that?"

Jen

Senator
Obama...building his legacy, one failure after another.....

PJ should be quite hysterical Tuesday evening, into Wednesday, as the results roll in (regardless of how many gains the GOP makes, or not)

Obama’s Midterm Loss Record Could Make History
http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/rothenblog/obama-poised-to-set-new-midterm-loss-record/
I believe it WILL make history.
With Dems trying to run away from Obama and with Obama throwing them under the bus by saying that HIS agenda IS on EVERY election, it will be huge.

“Make no mistake, these policies are on the ballot, every single one of them,” Obama said earlier this month.

Hard to run away from that.:D

Zoar

Governor
I believe it WILL make history.
With Dems trying to run away from Obama and with Obama throwing them under the bus by saying that HIS agenda IS on EVERY election, it will be huge.

“Make no mistake, these policies are on the ballot, every single one of them,” Obama said earlier this month.

Hard to run away from that.:D
That's NOT celebrating?????????