• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Winter is coming. Should Property Owners...

Should property owners have the right to lock people out of their commercial property

• Only if there are other places for these folks to go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if it is an immediate and dire emergency

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

degsme

Council Member
Winter is coming. Should property owners have the right to lock people out of their commercial property even if it means that those people have a chance of dying from exposure?

Do commercial property rights trump communitarian obligations to protect the lives of our citizens?

BrianDamage

Council Member
Winter is coming. Should property owners have the right to lock people out of their commercial property even if it means that those people have a chance of dying from exposure?

Do commercial property rights trump communitarian obligations to protect the lives of our citizens?
Yes. They not only should have the right, they do have the right. Anything else would violate their 14th Amendment rights.

degsme

Council Member
Yes. They not only should have the right, they do have the right. Anything else would violate their 14th Amendment rights.
I notice none of the conservatives have voted... how come? Afraid to stand up for property rights/

Or do you worry that I might have something up my sleeve that would put you in an uncomfortable position of contrasting your views on private property here with other things you have advocated? IOW are you afraid of being caught out as a hypocrite?

Have the courage of your convictions... Vote!

Individuals do not have a responsibility to use their private property for the public good without compensation. One of the amendments was about this very issue in regards to armies using private homes and food stuffs at will. Not sure where you are going with this one but it should be fun to watch the spider spin his web.