• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Wisconsin republicans vote to strip power from Democrats

sear

Mayor
"The will of the people put the legislature in place." Cf #37
Correct.
And if the People wanted one government group to hamstring another, why didn't the butchers do so in the first month rather than the last, AFTER the election?

No.
This is clearly partisan.
They didn't impose limitations before the election, because they didn't want to impair or impede a member of their own party.
"And "Elections have consequences" were the infamous words of one Barrack Hussein Obama." Cf #37
He might have. But that doesn't mean he was the first ever to do so.
I know.
It's called the "first family". But that's not what it means.
"But that seems to be the case only when democrats win." Cf
You flatter me sincerely, if inadvertently.

Why can't Walker and his jackboots heed the people's vote?

Because they're fascist.

Here's how Wisconsin Republicans want to strip power from incoming Democrats

"Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is on his way out, defeated in November by Democratic Gov.-elect Tony Evers. But with an assist from his GOP allies in the state legislature, Walker appear poised to sign off on a suite of measures designed to strip power from his successor."
Why should they when the Wisconsin Democrats didn't when they tried to recall him using out of state money? That was disgusting undermining of the vote.

Colorforms

Senator
64% of Wisconsin voters voted for Democrats. That’s just the fact.
Just pretending that your number is valid, the majority of votes for democrats came from 2 counties, Dane and Milwaukee. So 2 democrats got overwhelming votes. The bulk of the state voted republican.

And that's only if your number isn't complete crap.

EatTheRich

President
Just pretending that your number is valid, the majority of votes for democrats came from 2 counties, Dane and Milwaukee. So 2 democrats got overwhelming votes. The bulk of the state voted republican.

And that's only if your number isn't complete crap.
Democracy would mean the votes of people in Madison count for as much as the votes of people anywhere else.l

redtide

Mayor
Why can't Walker and his jackboots heed the people's vote?

Because they're fascist.

Here's how Wisconsin Republicans want to strip power from incoming Democrats

"Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is on his way out, defeated in November by Democratic Gov.-elect Tony Evers. But with an assist from his GOP allies in the state legislature, Walker appear poised to sign off on a suite of measures designed to strip power from his successor."
so it is only bad when the good guys do it? sick

sear

Mayor
"the majority of votes for democrats came from 2 counties, Dane and Milwaukee. So 2 democrats got overwhelming votes. The bulk of the state voted republican." Cf #46
And therefore what?
You oppose democratic elections? You oppose the will of the People? You wish to replace it with some bizarre real estate standard? Where votes are accorded not per citizen, but per acre?!

Thank you for informing us that you are fundamentally opposed to the Founding principle of one citizen, one vote.

sear

Mayor
"they condemn democracy as “mob rule.”" BG #53
The Founders did too.
But the Founders weren't completely opposed to democratic elections.
They just made a single exception for the presidency.
Their reason might have been wise for their time.

BUT !!

It's a new millennium.
One of the justifications for the electoral college (ec) was to provide incentive for presidential candidates to campaign in rural States, instead of only electoral goldmines like large densely populated cities.

BUT !!

Even if a presidential candidate was campaigning 2 miles down the road, I'd be more likely to view him / her / it at home, in UHD.
- The audio is clearer.
- It's got rewind.
- It's got pause.
- The crowd is less jostling.
- I don't have to get felt up by secret service agents *.

For these and other reasons, I think the electoral college has outlived its usefulness.
Time to put that sucker out to pasture.

* I like getting felt up just as much as the next gal. But I think the TSA and secret service should have to buy me dinner first.

Colorforms

Senator
Democracy would mean the votes of people in Madison count for as much as the votes of people anywhere else.l
They do, just not for the same people. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. That's why we have a representative republic.

EatTheRich

President
They do, just not for the same people. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. That's why we have a representative republic.
Since the exploiting class is few and the exploiter class is many, wouldn’t democracy be more akin to two sheep and a wolf voting on what to have for dinner? And isn’t that exactly why you are against it?

Colorforms

Senator
Since the exploiting class is few and the exploiter class is many, wouldn’t democracy be more akin to two sheep and a wolf voting on what to have for dinner? And isn’t that exactly why you are against it?
Well since you are certain that 64% voted democrat, that would make democrats the exploiter class.

Not that you have even the slightest [Unwelcome language removed] what you're talking about. This is not supposed to be a mob rule society, much to the democrat's chagrin.

EatTheRich

President
Well since you are certain that 64% voted democrat, that would make democrats the exploiter class.

Not that you have even the slightest [Unwelcome language removed] what you're talking about. This is not supposed to be a mob rule society, much to the democrat's chagrin.
No, that was Autocorrect failing me. Obviously the contrast I intended to draw was between the exploiting minority and the exploited majority.

Democrats do in fact represent the exploiter class, as do Republicans. They hate democracy almost as much as the Republicans do. But the majority supports them nevertheless because they consider them a lesser evil to the Republicans.