• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

With Conflict And Drama, Trump Hooks You Like A Reality TV Show

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
This describes Trump's M.O. exactly. He knows how to hook his base/public, same as he did with his reality TV show.

On how Trump communicates

He uses tools we use every day to tell and shape a story. [Like] conflict and drama — that's still the engine that powers all reality television. I guess I would note that, candidly, reality television does not typically address giant, macro-issues particularly well, right? It's not a genre of big ideas. And that's OK.

What it does do really well is interpersonal relationships — is taking big themes like love and jealousy and revenge, and boiling them down to conversations between two people.

I think Trump clearly knows that those small interactions that speak to larger themes are what connects with us as humans. And I think it's probably something that we should know too as we consume his tweets, as we watch White House press conferences or prayer breakfasts. That this is a guy who understands how to make us feel a certain way.

snip - - - - - - - - - -

On whether people care about getting facts and information

Some of the disconnect between the news media and their viewers, readers, consumers today, is that they don't hold Trump to the same standards that reporters do. ...

I find it terribly frustrating. I was a journalist in a previous life, so I know exactly what it must be like to stand in a briefing room and wonder if what you're being told is true.
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/03/513194862/with-conflict-and-drama-trump-hooks-you-like-a-reality-tv-show

This describes Trump's M.O. exactly. He knows how to hook his base/public, same as he did with his reality TV show.

He uses tools we use every day to tell and shape a story. [Like] conflict and drama — that's still the engine that powers all reality television. I guess I would note that, candidly, reality television does not typically address giant, macro-issues particularly well, right? It's not a genre of big ideas. And that's OK.

What it does do really well is interpersonal relationships — is taking big themes like love and jealousy and revenge, and boiling them down to conversations between two people.

I think Trump clearly knows that those small interactions that speak to larger themes are what connects with us as humans. And I think it's probably something that we should know too as we consume his tweets, as we watch White House press conferences or prayer breakfasts. That this is a guy who understands how to make us feel a certain way.

snip - - - - - - - - - -

Some of the disconnect between the news media and their viewers, readers, consumers today, is that they don't hold Trump to the same standards that reporters do. ...

I find it terribly frustrating. I was a journalist in a previous life, so I know exactly what it must be like to stand in a briefing room and wonder if what you're being told is true.
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/03/513194862/with-conflict-and-drama-trump-hooks-you-like-a-reality-tv-show
"Fresh Air" From a Vacuum

NPR also understands how to make us feel a certain way, subliminally taking advantage of our dependent desperation to look up to someone for answers and believe his sermon if he presents it in a smug know-it-all manner. Our taxes used to pay for this brain-mushing propaganda, but not any more!

snip - - - - - - - - - -

Speak for yourself. You're the one being trolled constantly; running around after every shiny ball the media throws, while Trump handles business. You've been duped, royally.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Our taxes used to pay for this brain-mushing propaganda, but not any more!
Trump lovers like yourself are the real victims of propaganda. Gobbling it up like a truth serum: as the writer of the piece explained, Trump's never ending drama/chaos appeals to those loving the excitement, his BS generates.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Speak for yourself. You're the one being trolled constantly; running around after every shiny ball the media throws, while Trump handles business. You've been duped, royally.
If you want to label Trump's mindless efforts(a success) as a CIC 'handling business' thus far, then you're the one being duped. Trump fans apparently love them some 'alternative facts'.

Trump lovers like yourself are the real victims of propaganda. Gobbling it up like a truth serum: as the writer of the piece explained, Trump's never ending drama/chaos appeals to those loving the excitement, his BS generates.
Choke on Smoke

Creative destruction. The Demwits will become rubble.