• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Word is that the GOP is DONE with Healthcare for this 115th congress.

Spamature

President
Yep after all their promises they over the years they are talking about just walking away and laughing at their voters for believing their lies.

HEY REPUBLICANS !

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Yep after all their promises they over the years they are talking about just walking away and laughing at their voters for believing their lies.

HEY REPUBLICANS !

They have to be done, the budget reconcilliation is a small window and they don't have the votes to repeal any other way. They would have to wait until March 2018 now.

Spamature

President
They have to be done, the budget reconcilliation is a small window and they don't have the votes to repeal any other way. They would have to wait until March 2018 now.
You still holding out that Lucy is not going to pull the ball out at the last moment ?

Sigh....

It was all a scam for votes. They could have offered fixes or went with Dem fixes. Now they are the party of ObamaCare. It now has their seal of approval because they are the ones who decided to leave it in place.

Now it is up to them to fix it. Those premium and deductible increases they talk about are now "Republican initiated premium and deductible increases" When they say death spiral. Then now need to preface it with "The Republican approved" death spiral .

This is their baby from here on out.

Spamature

President
Also you are kidding yourself if you think that the GOP is going to dredge this mess back up in an election year. It is done !

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
You still holding out that Lucy is not going to pull the ball out at the last moment ?

Sigh....

It was all a scam for votes. They could have offered fixes or went with Dem fixes. Now they are the party of ObamaCare. It now has their seal of approval because they are the ones who decided to leave it in place.

Now it is up to them to fix it. Those premium and deductible increases they talk about are now "Republican initiated premium and deductible increases" When they say death spiral. Then now need to preface it with "The Republican approved" death spiral .

This is their baby from here on out.
No, as you personally know I don't have an opinion on whether or not its better to repeal and replace with the bill they had and I wrote that to you. Yes/No?

Although I have been financially hammered by the ACA.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Also you are kidding yourself if you think that the GOP is going to dredge this mess back up in an election year. It is done !
So be it, maybe we will have ACA forever or until no insurers go on the ACA exchanges.

Will you come back and post about how bad it is if ACA goes to zero insurance companies in some states and people lose coverage?

Spamature

President
So be it, maybe we will have ACA forever or until no insurers go on the ACA exchanges.

Will you come back and post about how bad it is if ACA goes to zero insurance companies in some states and people lose coverage?
And we can talk about how the GOP let that happen when we do.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
And we can talk about how the GOP let that happen when we do.
You are the king of spin, how did the GOP let that happen. The law was voted on only by Democrats. And democrats said they all would vote no to this new bill.

Spamature

President
No, as you personally know I don't have an opinion on whether or not its better to repeal and replace with the bill they had and I wrote that to you. Yes/No?

Although I have been financially hammered by the ACA.
And the GOP COULD do something about people who got hammered by it. They had 8 yrs and the Dems were damn sure willing. But continuing to let the problems fester and even aggravating those problems won them elections. Dems voted for this even when they knew it would lose some of them their seats. They did it for the people of this country and would have given their eye teeth to fix the problems you talk about. But the party of NO rode that obstruction all the way to the majority. Now that they got what they want they are through with the issue.

Think about it. If they wanted a to fix it. They had 197 votes in the bank on the other side for fixes to problems like yours. Did they do anything to get those votes. NO. This was a scam for votes from beginning to end. They absolutely abuse their voters to no end. Why do those people keep supporting this abuse is beyond me.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
You are the king of spin, how did the GOP let that happen. The law was voted on only by Democrats. And democrats said they all would vote no to this new bill.
I don't recall any republican coming here and blaming the problems of the ACA on the lockstep no vote by Republicans back in 2009. So do not try to blame the Dems for not helping to destroy what they sacrificed to create in 2017. No they were not going to throw another 24 million people off of healthcare just so the GOP could put a feather in their cap and place the blame for those 24 million people on the Dems too for going along with it.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
And the GOP COULD do something about people who got hammered by it. They had 8 yrs and the Dems were damn sure willing. But continuing to let the problems fester and even aggravating those problems won them elections. Dems voted for this even when they knew it would lose some of them their seats. They did it for the people of this country and would have given their eye teeth to fix the problems you talk about. But the party of NO rode that obstruction all the way to the majority. Now that they got what they want they are through with the issue.

Think about it. If they wanted a to fix it. They had 197 votes in the bank on the other side for fixes to problems like yours. Did they do anything to get those votes. NO. This was a scam for votes from beginning to end. They absolutely abuse their voters to no end. Why do those people keep supporting this abuse is beyond me.
Correct the GOP are aholes just like the Dems.

More concerned about getting "i gotcha moments".

Both parties are worried about the next election than doing whats right and I don't know that either party has worked together in many years.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I don't recall any republican coming here and blaming the problems of the ACA on the lockstep no vote by Republicans back in 2009. So do not try to blame the Dems for not helping to destroy what they sacrificed to create in 2017. No they were not going to throw another 24 million people off of healthcare just so the GOP could put a feather in their cap and place the blame for those 24 million people on the Dems too for going along with it.
True.

Healthcare in the expensive USA is a no win situation just like foreign policy. No matter what you decide to do there are winners and losers. And the party that passed the legislation will talk about the winners and the party of no will talk about the losers.

They should make healthcare like any other product. Open heart surgery costs x. Broken leg costs y.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Both parties are worried about the next election than doing whats right and I don't know that either party has worked together in many years.
Exactly! It's like the Keystone Kops meet the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
True.

Healthcare in the expensive USA is a no win situation just like foreign policy. No matter what you decide to do there are winners and losers. And the party that passed the legislation will talk about the winners and the party of no will talk about the losers.

They should make healthcare like any other product. Open heart surgery costs x. Broken leg costs y.
What they should do is vote on the straight up repeal of Obamacare with a sunset date in six months, and then invite Democrats to sit down and design a bi-partisan bill. Why should we expect a Republican only bill to be superior to a Democrat only bill?

Spamature

President

The Dems have been slaughtered in elections all over this country because they stuck up of people who would have had nothing without them. Unlike the Republicans their intention was not to make people suffer until they got there way. The GOP has in fact become a dysfunctional party because for the past 8 yrs they threw out the people in their party who actually could legislate because all they cared about was winning elections. Well the elections are over and you now see the result of that quest.