• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

World overpopulation

Boltlady

Mayor
It's getting to be a rather widespread thought that we already have too many people in the world and it's subject to get worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

If you agree, I would be very curious to hear what your solutions to the 'problem' are. I would appreciate it if you would also say whether you think that a number of solutions are already in play and what they may be.

TIA

OldGaffer

Governor
Well, Wingers are saying we need more and more people, they would like to outlaw abortion, limit contraception, do away with sex education and have every wife with a "full quiver". Because, well, God said.

Barbella

Senator
No worries.....our political "elites" are working on it as we speak. Their solutions include (but are not limited to) free and unlimited abortions, abortion pills for minors, the Monsanto Protection Act allowing us to be poisoned (slowly, but steadily) thru our food supplies....oh, and then we have Obamacare which will ensure that grandma and grandpa will kick the bucket sooner rather than later....LOL

It's all good.

OldGaffer

Governor
No worries.....our political "elites" are working on it as we speak. Their solutions include (but are not limited to) free and unlimited abortions, abortion pills for minors, the Monsanto Protection Act allowing us to be poisoned (slowly, but steadily) thru our food supplies....oh, and then we have Obamacare which will ensure that grandma and grandpa will kick the bucket sooner rather than later....LOL

It's all good.
Because 7 billion is just not enough, we need to hit 10 billion so we can all live on 1000 calories a day. Have some Soylent Green, Barbella, it is tasty.

afella

Mayor
It's getting to be a rather widespread thought that we already have too many people in the world and it's subject to get worse.

If you agree, I would be very curious to hear what your solutions to the 'problem' are. I would appreciate it if you would also say whether you think that a number of solutions are already in play and what they may be.

TIA
There's the solution to the United States' health care crisis, and the answer to your question. The cost of health care is so extreme, that health care reform is a necessity for our country. Cut it, and regulate the hell out of it. So what do we cut? R&D, and impose government regulations on the price of equipment. Our need to live forever, and wanting for our family members to live forever, is unatural and creates etreme demands on our fragile environment.

The elimination of AIDs, and cancer research also would save money and increase the natural mortality rate for our species. Nature sorts itself out, and has a very unique ability to do so, we have stepped over that line and created an unnatural balance in our fragile world which will destroy us.

Along with assisted suicide, increased ability to get an abortion, etc.

Science has done wonders for our species, and it will either destroy us or save us. I'd lean towards the destroy us without a natural balance.

Jen

Senator
I don't think there are too many people on this planet. I think that there are just too many people in some places on this planet. I would say that the solution is to spread out a bit or a lot.

BobbyT

Governor
There's the solution to the United States' health care crisis, and the answer to your question. The cost of health care is so extreme, that health care reform is a necessity for our country. Cut it, and regulate the hell out of it. So what do we cut? R&D, and impose government regulations on the price of equipment. Our need to live forever, and wanting for our family members to live forever, is unatural and creates etreme demands on our fragile environment.

The elimination of AIDs, and cancer research also would save money and increase the natural mortality rate for our species. Nature sorts itself out, and has a very unique ability to do so, we have stepped over that line and created an unnatural balance in our fragile world which will destroy us.

Along with assisted suicide, increased ability to get an abortion, etc.

Science has done wonders for our species, and it will either destroy us or save us. I'd lean towards the destroy us without a natural balance.
So you would you let your cancer-stricken child die rather than participate in a trial of a new R&D-stage cancer drug that might save his life. I wouldn't.

afella

Mayor
So you would you let your cancer-stricken child die rather than participate in a trial of a new R&D-stage cancer drug that might save his life. I wouldn't.

Nature sorts itself out, it's shouldn't be up to myself to alter it as I see fit.

TIA
Some people might be familiar with and remember John B. Calhoun and his studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

BobbyT

Governor
Nature sorts itself out, it's shouldn't be up to myself to alter it as I see fit.
I didn't ask if you would alter it. I asked if you would allow your cancer-stricken child to die if there was a potential cure. Since you're not into altering nature, I assume you would select to die of appendicitis rather than have it removed, since removing your appendix would be 'altering nature.' I further assume you take no antibiotics and have had no vaccines. You surely don't get cavities filled do you? It would certainly be hypocritical of you to have taken any preventive care of yourself through modern medicine that has been developed in the past if you believe we should withhold future developments for those yet to be diagnosed with AIDS or cancer or other diseases that could be cured in the future through R&D dollars spent today.

OldGaffer

Governor
One that could identify those who don't much trust Obama... an IRS Black Plague.. that's what the doctor ordered.

I sure hope you're not actually Hillary Clinton, that would be scary.

I sure hope you are not actually Jesus Christ, that would be silly as hell.

BobbyT

Governor
Another Black Plague event would thin the herd.
Yes. Plus think of all the women who could die if we simply withhold the 'nature altering' benefits of maternal care - heck, if we just let women die during the agony of an unassisted birth, like 'nature intended,' we could surely shave 30% off the top of population growth.

I don't understand the $$ is more important than people POV, but perhaps that's because I'm a "bleeding heart."

Yes. Plus think of all the women who could die if we simply withhold the 'nature altering' benefits of maternal care - heck, if we just let women die during the agony of an unassisted birth, like 'nature intended,' we could surely shave 30% off the top of population growth.

I don't understand the $$ is more important than people POV, but perhaps that's because I'm a "bleeding heart."
It's not just mothers that would die without childbirth assistance, C-Sections and things like NICU's. We could also cut out IVF and all "unnatural" stuff, creationists think destroy their religion, even as they partake of the very science they claim is contrary to their beliefs.

I'm curious to know who's going to volunteer to be in the population that is "culled" by nature, volunteer up their loved ones or have notified their descendents that they don't care much about what faces them, what counts is exploiting what can be exploited now, while it lasts. Who really cares about the offspring they say the "love" or their descendents. If they did, would they be so non-chalant or laissez-faire about what they leave behind for them?

Are humans really a higher form of intelligence than mulitiplying cancer cells that consume their host to death and themselves out of existence?

Doe human beings have the ability and the capacity to direct their fate, at least in part? Can we actually figure out when we are headed on a course with disasters of our own making, then change direction to avert a would be disaster?

Sure, nature will do for us, what we won't do for ourselves, but we won't have any control over who lives and who dies in that case. We can prevent lots of needless loss of life some call so precious when in the womb, from being lost once born to life because of greed selfishness and failure to think about the future of our descendents and leaving them something other than a lot of depleted and damaged resources and natural life support systems so damaged they may not recover or because they are so damaged by being overwhelmed they will not support what the population on earth has grown to and as with animal populations who overgraze or overpopulate (and do things like overgraze) experience starvation and die outs because there is too much of an imbalance between population and what nature can provide or keep up with.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
we won't need to worry about overpopulation per se as climate change will deplete our food supply and kill off most of us.

afella

Mayor
I didn't ask if you would alter it. I asked if you would allow your cancer-stricken child to die if there was a potential cure. Since you're not into altering nature, I assume you would select to die of appendicitis rather than have it removed, since removing your appendix would be 'altering nature.' I further assume you take no antibiotics and have had no vaccines. You surely don't get cavities filled do you? It would certainly be hypocritical of you to have taken any preventive care of yourself through modern medicine that has been developed in the past if you believe we should withhold future developments for those yet to be diagnosed with AIDS or cancer or other diseases that could be cured in the future through R&D dollars spent today.
I haven't been to the doctor or dentist in 10 years, other than mandatory visits through the military. So I have been vaccinated for some things, and refused others even through the military which made me deployable, but I was still able to refuse other vaccinations. Same for the dentist, military dentists always want to remove my wisdom teeth even though they give me no issues. I have not had a cavity filled since I was a child, which was not at my choice for obvious reasons.

I will die the way I die at the time I die because nature dictates it, any obstruction of that fact is an obstruction of the natural progression of a human as a member of a species.